Official announcements for AstroFlux
#66394 by TheKrazyKangaroo Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:29 am
the points are definitely broken. I had a win, captured 3 bases and had a 3 killing spree and yet I only got 38 points instead of the 58 I should've gotten. Rewards are also still too low. I suggest adding what you got points for in the pvp screen like most other games and fix the lag! It's almost impossible to play pvp.
*edit* I think I should also mention the point stealing. This takes place when you are capturing a base, someone else on your team also sits in that base and they get the points for it. This is extremely annoying seeing as 50 of my 60 points are being included in people getting 100 points...

#66398 by TheCen Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:37 am
TheKrazyKangaroo wrote:the points are definitely broken. I had a win, captured 3 bases and had a 3 killing spree and yet I only got 38 points instead of the 58 I should've gotten. Rewards are also still too low. I suggest adding what you got points for in the pvp screen like most other games and fix the lag! It's almost impossible to play pvp.
*edit* I think I should also mention the point stealing. This takes place when you are capturing a base, someone else on your team also sits in that base and they get the points for it. This is extremely annoying seeing as 50 of my 60 points are being included in people getting 100 points...


Just to clarify: the cap on points for each match is 50 points.

Tef wrote:"Rating:
Reward per game: 0-50 points"


As to why it was only 38 points. Let's look at the points.

TheKrazyKangaroo wrote: I had a win, captured 3 bases and had a 3 killing spree and yet I only got 38 points....


25 for win.
10 for base capture.
3 for killing spree.

25+10+3=38 points.

Tef wrote:Domination (dom):
Winning a match: 25 points
Base capture: 10 points
Defending a base: 10 points
No deaths: 3 points
3 killing sprees: 3 points
10 killing sprees: 3 points
Prevention of killing spree: 3 points


Just by looking at your point breakdown, it's apparent that capturing 3 bases does not equal 30 points. Instead, it only counts 1 base capture per match (10 points).

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#66408 by Tef Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:45 pm
TheCen wrote:
TheKrazyKangaroo wrote:the points are definitely broken. I had a win, captured 3 bases and had a 3 killing spree and yet I only got 38 points instead of the 58 I should've gotten. Rewards are also still too low. I suggest adding what you got points for in the pvp screen like most other games and fix the lag! It's almost impossible to play pvp.
*edit* I think I should also mention the point stealing. This takes place when you are capturing a base, someone else on your team also sits in that base and they get the points for it. This is extremely annoying seeing as 50 of my 60 points are being included in people getting 100 points...


Just to clarify: the cap on points for each match is 50 points.

Tef wrote:"Rating:
Reward per game: 0-50 points"


As to why it was only 38 points. Let's look at the points.

TheKrazyKangaroo wrote: I had a win, captured 3 bases and had a 3 killing spree and yet I only got 38 points....


25 for win.
10 for base capture.
3 for killing spree.

25+10+3=38 points.

Tef wrote:Domination (dom):
Winning a match: 25 points
Base capture: 10 points
Defending a base: 10 points
No deaths: 3 points
3 killing sprees: 3 points
10 killing sprees: 3 points
Prevention of killing spree: 3 points


Just by looking at your point breakdown, it's apparent that capturing 3 bases does not equal 30 points. Instead, it only counts 1 base capture per match (10 points).


Yes, you are correct. Otherwise everyone would just hoard captures and get 50 points every Dom game.
#66409 by TheSorrow Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:56 pm
This update is nice...sorta. The fact that you can't lose points is a nice change, but maybe not a good one. As of now, whoever can play the most matches is the winner. It requires no skill, as proven by a certain Cracker sitting at second place. (No offense) There is no way to lose rating, so realistically I could make an alt and just queue in match after match, do minimal work, and win pvp for the month. It's utterly ridiculous.

Shade
#66412 by BrianN Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:42 pm
Tef wrote:Yes, you are correct. Otherwise everyone would just hoard captures and get 50 points every Dom game.

This takes alot of sting off of my vitriol for this update, we still need negative points though.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#66425 by Jpsi Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:26 pm
TheSorrow wrote:so realistically I could make an alt and just queue in match after match, do minimal work, and win pvp for the month. It's utterly ridiculous.


No. I challenge you to get first without regularly winning: you need to make some kills to get some points. Also, if you are less good, you win 10 or maybe 20 points max. So you have to play at least 2x more than a good player who gains regularly 40 points. Seems pretty ok to me.

Yes, some people with less skill (/arts ?) can win now, so what ? They gain very few flux (they won't make it to top 3 probably), and the time they spend getting slaughted is not spend on getting stronger: ultimately they will change tactic, play less pvp (now and then just for fun), while trying to get stronger via pve.

But the point is: not losing points will have made them start and try pvp, eventhough they were less good. And at the end we will have a much more interesting pvp community, with more player who ultimately will get stronger.

No negative points is also a huge improvement to accept unballance in the team distribution and still having a low stess level.

Also, a side effect is that we can now try new config/weapons during pvp matches, which is also very very good. If the config/weap doens't work ? Well, I'll try somehing else, and I just gain a little less points (but I am not jeopardising my whole month ranking for that purpose). I just love this new testing freedom 8-)

#66427 by TheScythe Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:51 pm
I actually support the no points loss. However, gap between participation reward and winning reward should be increased. If a terrible player can get 20-25 points a match, and the best players can get 30-40 a match (all on average) then there's a problem. Participation rewards are too high. But its a good change. Its not perfect, but rewarding time spent is not as bad as rewarding luck. Ideal case would be to reward player ability. A step closer.

TheDepraved
#66431 by Jpsi Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:17 pm
TheScythe wrote:I actually support the no points loss. However, gap between participation reward and winning reward should be increased. If a terrible player can get 20-25 points a match, and the best players can get 30-40 a match (all on average) then there's a problem. Participation rewards are too high. But its a good change. Its not perfect, but rewarding time spent is not as bad as rewarding luck. Ideal case would be to reward player ability. A step closer.

Agree. The gap should be a factor 5 or something, depending on individual ranking.

#66438 by TheSame Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:33 pm
The system needs a fix... Why would you make pvp time based and not skill based? I know a few people have quit because of this system. All they have is pvp because there's nothing new, and now even that's ruined. Please make it more skill based and not time based.

TheDepraved
#66440 by GrayBeard Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:42 pm
TheSimple wrote:The system needs a fix... Why would you make pvp time based and not skill based? I know a few people have quit because of this system. All they have is pvp because there's nothing new, and now even that's ruined. Please make it more skill based and not time based.


no

Image
#66455 by TheKrazyKangaroo Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:08 am
Same thing happened to me. I clicked pvp and immediately warped. When I got there, I was the only one then the match started and straight away it started the countdown. 30 secs later and I've lost 50 points which I too would like back escpecially since that was 50/53 points I had.... :x

#66462 by BrianN Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:00 am
TheScythe wrote:I actually support the no points loss. However, gap between participation reward and winning reward should be increased. If a terrible player can get 20-25 points a match, and the best players can get 30-40 a match (all on average) then there's a problem. Participation rewards are too high. But its a good change. Its not perfect, but rewarding time spent is not as bad as rewarding luck. Ideal case would be to reward player ability. A step closer.


Indeed

Oh, hi kale! I thought you quit?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

About

Welcome to the AstroFlux forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from experienced players. Please Join the discussions in the Astroflux forums. The game developers are active here and are happy to hear what you think!

AstroFlux is a MMO space shooter with numerous weapons, upgrades and abilities. Explore the galaxy and collect space junk to gain resources for new technologies.