Official announcements for AstroFlux
#66463 by boogerrito Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:12 am
BrianN wrote:Oh, hi kale! I thought you quit?

What? Is nobody who they say they are? lol

"Aliens"

Swole of Body
Swole of Spirit
Swole of Mind
How to PvP
#66467 by BrianN Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:22 am
Sorry, I didnt make that clear, that last part was to TheSimple...Scythe is NOT kale.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#66518 by TheScrub Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:56 pm
TheScythe wrote:Simplest solution would be to just base it on individual performance. Winning a dom gives you 25 easy points, a win should count as 10. For a dm it should be 2x kills-deaths. That way if you aren't good enough, you still can make it - but it will take longer

I love the DM idea, factoring in deaths to your sore is great. That way we don't have fish spammers who get lots of kills, but die just as much. The only problem is that if you have a negative k/d, you will lose points. Maybe make the minimum 5?

Our determination is based on our will to survive.

Never.
Give.
Up.
#66566 by BayD3 Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:43 pm
A glitch happened in DM.
Swole and I got disconnected.
ClassifiedSpy can't kill us , but we can kill him/her.
I was winning , but we all won 0 points.
But for me , it showed that I had -45 points after the match , and I entered that match with about 1k points.

http://prntscr.com/dt775c
Um , who hacked my computer?
#66567 by boogerrito Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:46 am
BayD3 wrote:A glitch happened in DM.
Swole and I got disconnected.
ClassifiedSpy can't kill us , but we can kill him/her.
I was winning , but we all won 0 points.
But for me , it showed that I had -45 points after the match , and I entered that match with about 1k points.

Speaking of this, ClassifiedSpy was feeding BayD3.

Strange glitch, though.

Swole of Body
Swole of Spirit
Swole of Mind
How to PvP
#66899 by bolbi Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:44 pm
TheScythe wrote:Simplest solution... For a dm it should be 2x kills-deaths. That way if you aren't good enough, you still can make it - but it will take longer

I just want to point out that this would really shift the focus of PvP setups to be tanky as it's better to not die and get a few kills, then to die more often and get alot of kills.

I mention this cause I've always liked being able to outgun people in a head to head fight, one of the reasons I continue to use Crsytal for PvP. So during the CL/PSG, Tanker/Vindi era (Blades also though those I had a chance of killing) there was pretty much no advantages to going with glassy setups. After they were nerfed however I was able to start participating again (though I didn't till this PvP update) because now there aren't 90% of the players using either hit-&-run Vindi CL/PSG, or tank Tanker CL/PSG.

This got kind long and maybe a bit ranty but the point was that kind of change would bring less variety to PvP. As you could only die once but only get 5 kills = 5 K/D ratio, wheras someone in a more damage/glass setup (I'm just using what I would sometimes get in DMs) would be getting say 15 kills but would also have 10 deaths = 1.5 K/D ratio.

P.S. those were just meant to be examples as if you had a really good player going with a less tanky build you'd probably see better numbers. And vice versa for the other, if a really bad player goes tanky they may not even get a kill. They were just some numbers that seemed to be safe-ish estimates for the builds, from my perspective at least.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#66909 by TheScythe Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:56 pm
Kills minus deaths, not kills divided by deaths ^^

TheDepraved
#66924 by Hugo Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:17 am
If you talking K/D ratio alone is kills/deaths divide . Like 40.000 kills 5.000 deaths = 8.0

GO NINJAS
#66926 by bolbi Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:07 am
TheScythe wrote:Kills minus deaths, not kills divided by deaths

oops I guess I read your post wrong then. I just saw Kills and Deaths and assumed you were talking about a K/D ratio.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#66933 by Bellatrix Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:20 am
Lets try this setup:
DM:
Participation: 15 points
No deaths: 10 points
5 kill streak: 5 points
kills-deaths x2

Final points for best possible outcome: 15+10+5+15x2 = 60 points
Final points for "normal" situation (15 kills, 4 deaths): 15+0+5+11x2 = 44 points
Final points for "bad" situation (2 kills, 10 deaths): 15+0+0+0x2=15

This would make "skill" much more valued while still give rewards for participating.

For DOM, it could be like this:

Participation: 15 points
No deaths: 10 points
(my team points - opponent team points)/25 to each member of the team

Best case (win 1000:0, no deaths): 15+10+40 = 65 points
Middle case (win 1000:500, 3 deaths): 15+0+20 = 35 points
Worst case (lose 0:1000, 10 deaths): 15+0+0 = 15 points

Seems more skill based?

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#67013 by Gamber0x Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:43 pm
Ehy devs (or Tef) can you remove the autojoin when someone go afk?
I press PVP button, i wait for 50 mins in queue.... and when i go 2 mins afk i autojoin a pvp match, nice feature. Remove it please.
#67042 by Hugo Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:25 am
Gamber0x wrote:Ehy devs (or Tef) can you remove the autojoin when someone go afk?
I press PVP button, i wait for 50 mins in queue.... and when i go 2 mins afk i autojoin a pvp match, nice feature. Remove it please.

I'm to suggest this long time ,but never did. +1 to this.
Also there is also a bug in dm/dom : If you stop hp heal, the red heal box don't heal you, if you stop regen shield you can heal with blue shield box.. This is a bug that pass unoticed until now.

GO NINJAS
#67054 by SpecialK Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:37 pm
Hugo wrote:
Gamber0x wrote:Ehy devs (or Tef) can you remove the autojoin when someone go afk?

Also there is also a bug in dm/dom : If you stop hp heal, the red heal box don't heal you, if you stop regen shield you can heal with blue shield box.. This is a bug that pass unoticed until now.
Really? I can't heal with blue boxes when I'm debuffed. Seems to work correctly.
#67135 by Hugo Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:19 pm
SpecialK wrote:
Hugo wrote:

Really? I can't heal with blue boxes when I'm debuffed. Seems to work correctly.

So how do you explain I hit several times my targets with smart gun and they heal on blue boxes?

GO NINJAS