Official announcements for AstroFlux
#66253 by Nightsky Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:04 pm
boogerrito, you didn't even read, did you?

But okay, it doesn't matter if i say something or not. But i may repeat myself, I don't care about my ranking and competing. I just feel sorry for those who simply want to enjoy PvP but they can't because either PvP was once again completely unfair for them or they take a look at the monthly score-board and already avoid pressing the PvP button. Ohh, btw, congratulations to the one depraved player who claimed the first place on... no wait... congratulations to the half depraved clan for being like all first to fourth place! #Deserved #Fair I approve that.

Alright seriously now. I play this game for so long, congratulations, you were actually the first one who noticed it, props for that. And i can tell how it was back then, and back then PvP was purely fun, not competitive. You played because you knew you will receive a crap ton of EXP and minerals, the reward was worth something. Today the rewards are peanuts because the game evolved but not the rewards. And even worse is that the participation is a big mistake as you actually just feed the PvP-Junkies. I would enjoy PvP a lot more if i knew that my participation rewards me with like 20k - 30k Steel and 5k - 7.5k other minerals, as well as ~30k - 40k EXP. Okay, might be a bit too much but over time this would help a lot especially having fun AND getting something out of it. But how is it right now? You join, you play but what's the point? Make an appropriate point for me.

And yes boogerrito. You farmed your way up... oh wait, did you say "shredder taught me" aka "My friend who did all the work"? Well THAT explains a bit. Just for your information, most of the time i played alone i received a bit of help like taking some blob arts or getting a weapon quicker, but nothing more. You can ask everyone here who helped me and in what degree. The only players who helped me a bit were my own clan, samuelf, DaGGerz and Fatality. You were probably babysitted to the top. At least that's what i imagine.

Anyways. I hope you have fun with the upcoming months :)

Regards ~ Nightskee <3

Image
#66255 by Bellatrix Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:57 pm
Could we please stop with the insults. You want to argue please do, challenge each other's arguments, there is no need for personal insults.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#66256 by boogerrito Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:04 pm
Allow me to retort:

lol

Okay, you got me. I care too much to leave the truth besmirched by ignorance.

What I mean when I say Shredder taught me is this: we sparred, and I learned how to fly and fight better. I learned to move tactically and with precision. Anyone can pick up these skills with practice, and most of us in Depraved are willing to kill people and allow them the chance to fight us and get better. He didn't grind for me, and he didn't feed me arts, or even really tell me any new techniques. I figured it out from fighting him for hours per day.

You can spew nonsense however much you want about how independent and almighty you are, but that still doesn't obscure that it's all an excuse for your inadequacy.

Swole of Body
Swole of Spirit
Swole of Mind
How to PvP
#66259 by Nightsky Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:42 pm
Look: At least i can deal with weaknesses and i'm not obsessed with becoming the best. I'm weak. that's okay, isn't it? Or is it a huge crime of being weak? Still i want to enjoy PvP. Or do you want to tell me that players like me should just leave the game and say "alright, did what i could do, time to leave" as many others did before me for the same reasons? I still don't know how people manage it to get so much egoism into their heads that they completely forget about their surroundings. Nevertheless, my job in this game isn't to try to become the best, which sure isn't my goal in this game. But over the past months, even years i helped tons and tons of players who are grateful for what time i actually took to help them. Considering all the time that i spent just to help some random newbies in the game, convincing my clan members to get them inside, tell players who nearly left the game that there is so much interesting content in this game, spending money for strangers to get them a better ship. All these efforts i took to make the game alive, while another group of players do the exact opposite without even realizing it, but of course only the ego counts.

But surprisingly, you didn't read/understand again... End of conversation is my "last resort" then. Stay in your world, if that's what makes you happy.

Oh, and by the way. Things that are nonsense to you. You maybe should start considering the opinions of others and not just your own, because that's what makes an egoist.

Image
#66263 by TheCen Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:56 am
TheSupreme wrote:
Nightsky wrote:Look: At least i can deal with weaknesses and i'm not obsessed with becoming the best. I'm weak. that's okay, isn't it? Or is it a huge crime of being weak?

Then why are you on the PvP competition changes thread trying to effect the game in an area you know nothing about and don't even care about?


Because you can't read apparently. He has said he wants to pvp. And he wants it to be fun. As is.. it's not fun. Duh? Read more.. and stop living in a bubble.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#66264 by TheCen Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:12 am
Domination (dom):
Winning a match: 25 points
Base capture: 10 points
Defending a base: 10 points
No deaths: 3 points
3 killing sprees: 3 points
10 killing sprees: 3 points
Prevention of killing spree: 3 points

Death Match (dm):
First place: 30 points
Second place: 25 points
Third place: 20 points
No deaths: 10 points
3 killing sprees: 5 points
10 killing sprees: 5 points
Prevention of killing spree: 3 points

Penalties:
Leaving the game: -50 points
Being afk: -50 points

This is for the people that can't get what is going on in this update:

Take an average player. He plays 10 games/matches a day. Look at what this player can earn. Since the total points one person can earn from one match is 50 points. Lets just say the average points an average player can earn is 25 points (hypothetical).

10*25 = 250 points for 1 day.

Now, let's take someone that is average but players 30 matches a day.

30*25=750 points for 1 day.

In just 1 day's time the person who played 30 matches is already beating the guy that could only play 10 matches by 500 points.

Now, let's take these numbers over 30 days.

250 per day *30 days = 7,500 points
750 per day *30 days = 22,500 points [edit: oops had 500 instead of 750]

These numbers are hypothetical, but do show you how skill is no longer a factor in pvp in general. Which, many of you; Supreme, Boogerito (spllng? sorry), etc. so very much care about. Does this system seem like it's based on skill?

Please come up with suggestions that are better than ours that will show skill in pvp and still be fun for everyone. I've tried and some people like my ideas and many do not. And to be honest those aren't even my ideas. I've regurgitated them from past forum posts about this subject. I believe my idea is based on something Daggerz brought up a year ago.

Anyway, this topic is about making suggestions to pvp to make it enjoyable and playable for everyone. This game, no one gets paid to play it. So, please stop trying to put yourselves on the highest pedestal and say we are trying to ruin your pvp. We are not. We want pvp to be fun and rewarding for everyone involved. Not, just a select few.

[edit] In this case come next month.. the select few at the top of the leader board will be players that can play the most matches in 1 month.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#66266 by TheCen Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:33 am
TheSupreme wrote:No Cen. I'm very much against this system and your suggested system which was what this argument has been.

Players should lose points, just not half of the points they've earned for a single loss.




Finally, no one said you have to like what I propose. And I don't have to like what you propose. But, at least we are now moving forward and instead of seeing who can piss the furthest. The point is to make suggestions.. which I have along with many others. You, have now voiced that you don't like it. Good. Now, let's move forward. I'm sure if we all work towards a common goal it can be a fun system for everyone.

So, we need a system where points are lost. We agree there. Now, how else do we make it enjoyable for everyone that wants to play? I suggested instant rewards. But, that doesn't seem to fair well. What do you propose?

[edit : I just reread the entire thread. And as far as I can tell this is the first time that you said you don't like this new system, Supreme. Is this accurate? Or, did I miss one reply from you that said you don't like this new system being implemented? Also, this argument has not been about what I suggested. I only mentioned one a possible solution and a handful of people liked and a number did not. The current argument has been how to make pvp fun for everyone. But, if you think it's only been about my suggestion... well then maybe you need to go back and reread everything again.]

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#66269 by Jesright73 Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:21 am
so all players start with 0 points now. i don't recall that being mentioned. so this really makes pvp ONLY for players who spend hours everyday playing pvp to get ANY flux at all. bummer :(

AND players who haven't logged in yet still have the points they had from last month
#66271 by TheCen Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:27 am
boogerrito wrote:So, what happened to no negative points?


Nothing apparently. This is what happens when devs don't read our suggestions. Or give any sort of feedback.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#66274 by Jesright73 Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:17 am
My math was bad, so i deleted my original post. was off by one decimal. Sorry for that. :S

So.... it only takes 20 perfect 50-point mtaches to reach 1000.
or 100 ten point matches
or 200 five point matches
Last edited by Jesright73 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
#66275 by TheCen Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:20 am
Jesright73 wrote:To be even be eligible for any prizes, a player must have a minimum of 200 perfect 50 point matches. That is without any disconnects or afk penalties.

How many people are even going to be able to attain this in one month?
i don't plan to play 10+ matches of pvp everyday. One unbalanced match a day is bad enough.

The winners will be the same people that have been getting the prizes for the last 6 months.


I have -27 so far :D Was just trying to get my daily.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#66343 by BrianN Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:00 pm
boogerito wrote:BrianN, I understand your frustration with collusion in PvP; however, you can just do the same to fight it. There is nothing stopping you.

Not only is this a complete admission of collusion from the person who has been number 1 in the pvp for months, whats stopping me is my sense of morals. Where I wont sell my soul and cheat and act like a ___ for a little extra power or flux in a silly online game.

You can spew nonsense however much you want about how independent and almighty you are, but that still doesn't obscure that it's all an excuse for your inadequacy.

In the context of this first quote, inadequacy obviously means in terms of ability to cheat, not skill.

(Nightsky) Look: At least i can deal with weaknesses and i'm not obsessed with becoming the best.

You're not the best at what? Cheating? You hit the nail on the head, PvP used to be about fun or about seeing who is the best at the game...now its all about who is best at cheating (as just admitted by the #1 player; and the #2 player just 'quit'). We have had the same motivations night, but it seems this isn't the place for people like us.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#66377 by Jesright73 Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:59 am
i must apologize for my bad math. it doesn't take as many matches as i thought it did to reach prize eligibility.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

About

Welcome to the AstroFlux forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from experienced players. Please Join the discussions in the Astroflux forums. The game developers are active here and are happy to hear what you think!

AstroFlux is a MMO space shooter with numerous weapons, upgrades and abilities. Explore the galaxy and collect space junk to gain resources for new technologies.