Official announcements for AstroFlux
#65919 by Tef Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:35 pm
Hi everyone!

We are going to change how PvP ladder and rewards works significantly. For a long time the PvP system has been very competitive, but less inviting for players who are not the top 10 or have godly artefacts. Participation has been key here, and since we have very few players online the elo-rating and match making didn't work as intended and was mostly annoying for those with anything but the best. The reward for playing was not near enough, so many players simply opted out from PvP matches.

We plan to release this on 1st of December, if not something unforeseen happens.

Changes:
- Up to 500 players will receive a Flux reward.
- We have removed negative rating points.

Rewards:
1. 1000 Flux
2. 800 Flux
3. 600 Flux
4-10. 400 Flux
11-50. 300 Flux
51-100. 250 Flux
101-150. 200 Flux
151-250. 150 Flux
250-500. 100 Flux

Requirements:
You need more than 1000 rating points to qualify for any rewards.

Rating:
Reward per game: 0-50 points

Domination (dom):
Winning a match: 25 points
Base capture: 10 points
Defending a base: 10 points
No deaths: 3 points
3 killing sprees: 3 points
10 killing sprees: 3 points
Prevention of killing spree: 3 points

Death Match (dm):
First place: 30 points
Second place: 25 points
Third place: 20 points
No deaths: 10 points
3 killing sprees: 5 points
10 killing sprees: 5 points
Prevention of killing spree: 3 points

Penalties:
Leaving the game: -50 points
Being afk: -50 points

Other fixes during the past week:
- Executor now moves if target is inside its collision area. This makes it less appealing to be passive while farming Executor in a group.
- Fixed crash bug when opening cargo view.
- Fixed stuck issue in PvP.
- Improved disconnect logging, for better bug tracking.
#65920 by Syst185X Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:00 pm
Interesting...

Rawr

AMAZING

The empire may have fell, but one day...it'll come back stronger then ever.

5/27/2017

Feel free to contact me via messages. I'm mostly inactive though, maybe I'll return one day.
#65922 by TheSupreme Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:26 pm
The rewards are now far too low to make it worth competing for.
Considering there are 49 purchasable ships with the avarage price at 3K flux--this is really nothing to look at. Let's also not forget the price of getting a full crew which most players really can't afford, or getting more artifact setups.

If anything--The following rewards would be more appreciated and create competition:

Rewards:
1. 7500 Flux.
2. 5000 Flux
3. 3000 Flux
4-10. 2200 Flux
11-50. 750 Flux
51-100. 500 Flux
101-150. 250 Flux
151-250. 100 Flux
250-500. 50 Flux
Last edited by TheSupreme on Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#65924 by Nightsky Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:42 pm
No... First, you improve the general PvP-Balance, then i might consider agreeing to this... This doesn't fix anything but causes the same problem as before.

And no supreme, we do NOT need more flux as reward... Rewarding someone for something he did with ease? why not let zhersis drop flux as well?

#65926 by TheSupreme Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:43 pm
Nightsky wrote:No... First, you improve the general PvP-Balance, then i might consider agreeing to this... This doesn't fix anything but causes the same problem as before.

And no supreme, we do NOT need more flux as reward... Rewarding someone for something he did with ease? why not let zhersis drop flux as well?

Not sure what world you live in but competing for 1st place is by no means easy.

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#65928 by Nightsky Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:45 pm
I'm not talking about the first place only... but second, third up to tenth as well... and i usually see the same people on the list, usually with the same constellation as well. Disable artifacts/ship stats in PvP to actually create a skill factor and it would be fine. Current PvP is not even close to skill but as the devs stated as well a matter of artifacts.

#65930 by TheSupreme Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:55 pm
Nightsky wrote:I'm not talking about the first place only... but second, third up to tenth as well... and i usually see the same people on the list, usually with the same constellation as well. Disable artifacts/ship stats in PvP to actually create a skill factor and it would be fine. Current PvP is not even close to skill but as the devs stated as well a matter of artifacts.

This is entirely untrue. There are people with much worse artifacts than me and kill me quite easily. :)

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#65932 by Nightsky Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:05 pm
Oh yes, because this makes so much things better for me to understand. I have bad artifacts, yet i was able to kill people with better artifacts... Why? Probably because i sneaked up on them, attacked them while they had low health or luck. Nothing else, in any other case i would get killed regardless of which weapons i use.

And my point remains. Disabling artifacts would bring many advantages. You could even involve lower level players into PvP matches/ranking as any advantage from ships and artifacts would be negated... disabling elite tech... optional but recommended. The only reason why i played PvP a lot in the last days is because of ship/weapon testing purposes, and it's way easier to win a match with elite tech/good artifacts than without... i farmed tons of hours for my low level alt and i see how effective elite tech boosts you.

PvP isn't fair if your chances are low with rather bad equipment. Thus, you don't need a reward.

#65935 by traf Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:42 pm
A wonderful quandary: how to keep the elites duking it out, while rewarding constant participation from those less likely to attain the top prizes.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#65937 by BrianN Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:10 pm
For a long time the PvP system has been very competitive, but less inviting for players who are not the top 10 or have godly artefacts.

Neither of those two things are the main problem.

Up to 500 players will receive a Flux reward.We have removed negative rating points.

Ah, so now we can have 50 million alts in there! Just have kale check in with his 15 alts and 14 of them sit around and get whacked without losing rating while his main gets globs of points and flux. Not to mention that someone like Shredder who is really good but doesn't play much would have no chance against some lvl100 noob that plays all the time because the noob can never lose points. It would drive up participation but take away ANY semblance of rewarding skill.

Being afk: -50 points

OK, so what constitutes being afk? Is it not moving for 10 seconds, because I do that all the time because Ive had that lag for months. Is it leaving the game because ive been getting constant disconnects for the last several months.

and i usually see the same people on the list, usually with the same constellation as well. Disable artifacts/ship stats in PvP to actually create a skill factor and it would be fine.

Night, that wouldn't fix it, you see the same people not necessarily because they are the best (sure, you've got swole and gjoken who are legit) at pvp, but they either game the system the best or play the most.

PvP isn't fair if your chances are low with rather bad equipment.

And where does this happen the most often? With lvl100s playing against lvl140s! Who's been saying that we should make a 100-120 bracket for months?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#65940 by Nightsky Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:40 pm
Don't get me wrong, i do know that restricting artifacts/ships wouldn't fix much but giving a core to work on. Especially if we fight for prizes we should try to give everyone the chance of winning something regardless of their current achievements. I'm the type of player who tries to stay weak intentionally to keep the challenge, and not to outclass anything and anyone. Why should a player like me not get a chance of winning something? Alright, i don't care about ranking/winning anyways, but it's more about the principle. There are many players who probably play PvP for fun, but they cannot enjoy PvP because they get rekt over and over again, possibly by the same players as well who go on a large killing spree. This isn't really my consideration of fun. And once again, i don't intend to make everything entirely equal. But i do want to get rewarded for using actual skill and not just a great vindicator with corrosive lightning and vindiport.

And yes, it probably does sound like "I want to win flux as well", but believe me, it's not about the flux, but about the fact that the developers play with parts of the game they consider as important, try to fix it but break it even further. I am not a coder and i'm not intending to become one anytime soon, but i CAN tell that this change isn't great, not even close to good. Instead, let's try to create some great, long lasting content that everyone and every player group enjoys.

Like a rework of coop or something.

#65945 by TheSorrow Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:53 pm
After reading this list of changes, I believe this is a very good idea. However, the rewards should be larger. As of right now, I am placed to win the top 3 for pvp. I have easily spent 10 hours in pvp this month, and the maximum reward I can get is 1k flux? That could buy me 2 sets of pods... I think the rewards should at least be doubled. It isn't easy to get top 3, and if the rewards are so low, who is going to even try any more?

Shade
#65949 by BrianN Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:16 pm
And we do that by identifying what the problems are.
A) The wide range in steel/flux/ships within the 100-150 bracket.
B) At the top of pvp there's a lot of abuse going on resulting in an unfair system.

And by fixing THEM...not blowing up unrelated things.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke