Official announcements for AstroFlux
#65645 by GrayBeard Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:05 pm
Almost all of all my disconnection problems since starting the game were happening in Fulzar.

#65646 by Tef Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:43 pm
I will try and look into Fulzar and Vorsran systems. Please report any odd AI or player weapons that can be the culprit.
#65647 by TheScythe Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:52 pm
A common cause of the lag is the aureus weaponry. Suggest to reduce the fire rate and greatly increase the damage of aureus lightning. Also can be done for monachus flames, and warrior plasma bursts. Aureus orbs in particular, have an issue of having a very long lifetime - should be reduced, while perhaps increasing projectile speed

TheDepraved
#65652 by DevNull Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:13 pm
What about the network stability has anyone looked into that?

I dont have many friends, I just know alot of people
#65685 by hattemandendk Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:08 pm
I hope you guys get this issue fixed, people are getting annoyed when being dc'ed in Vorsran. The dsync is terrible enough there, now this on top also. It's not ok. I more or less stay away from Vorsran now, a broken system because of it.

People entering or leaving an instance have resulted in crazy lagg spikes for me after the last couple of updates so its safe to say that each time you guys update something it has a negative effect elsewhere.

http://i.epvpimg.com/39nOg.png
#65686 by hattemandendk Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:13 pm
TheScythe wrote:A common cause of the lag is the aureus weaponry. Suggest to reduce the fire rate and greatly increase the damage of aureus lightning. Also can be done for monachus flames, and warrior plasma bursts. Aureus orbs in particular, have an issue of having a very long lifetime - should be reduced, while perhaps increasing projectile speed

Can you guys also please have a look at the tank weapon in Vorsran, creates massive dsync issues. A lot of my clan mates have given up on killing the red tank at first gate in the "assasination plot" timed mission because of it. Its easier flying to the Elite hangar in the elite zone, this cant be the idea with the mission.

http://i.epvpimg.com/39nOg.png
#65689 by TheScrub Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:11 am
Broadside causes me to lag, but I noticed it looked a little choppy(missing a projectile here or there), perhaps due to a sprite limit?

Our determination is based on our will to survive.

Never.
Give.
Up.
#65783 by TheSpirit Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:26 pm
Lets make a list of things which doesnt lags in AF.Most weapon, enemy and systems causes lag.one more thing after removing server lag have increased.Now I am scare to go to fulzar pvp bcz ita diaconnects me most of the time and vors too.You really need to solve thia matters before bringing new updates devs.
#65812 by Hugo Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:25 pm
Which dev forget to pay bills?xD
Cause there is alot of freezes ,lag spiks, disconnect goin on now...

GO NINJAS
#65944 by BrianN Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:50 pm
I don't know...I haven't been able to really play this game since July as I get 10 second lags every couple of minutes and whenever I am in Vors, it only lasts about 10 minutes until it becomes unplayable. Then there's the times when I just disconnect. I have no reason to spend any more money on this game when I cant play it. I hear Vox whining about having these problems 4 days in a row and want to say "once you've got them 4 MONTHS in a row get back to me".
Ive given the devs a pass on this for months because I know that a lot of times these things cannot be controlled by them, but its time to bring them to task. You have allowed lag and a toxic environment to ruin an extremely well crafted game.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#65984 by GoldAuraHunter Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:34 am
Ok, this is a problem I have been observing in the past month or so.

Past few years, I have been tethered to my phone to play Astroflux, since my WiFi has an all around average of 800 ping/latency. Little more than a month ago, I started to notice that Astroflux was using up more bandwidth than usual. This started to escalate quickly before this Topic was posted. Last time I logged on, Astroflux used about 300 megabytes in a few minutes. Before this started to happen, It would usually take me about 6-8 hours, sometimes even up to 12 hours of gameplay to use up that much. I even tested other games while tethered, doing nothing while tethered, and this didn't happen with both things or anything else.

Only Astroflux.

I think there might be a possible memory leak in the game. Please look into this problem Devs. I really want to get back to playing this game again.

- AzurezEpic

Hey, what's going on guys? I am a YouTuber who loves to record Minecraft and other stuff. My goal is to become a popular YouTuber and make Astroflux a more popular game alongside.
YouTube - AzurezEpic

#65986 by TheScythe Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:26 am
I can pretty much guarantee that its another process that used up all that bandwidth. I did a clean reinstall of my machine this week and the initial login took nowhere near that amount, it was around 10x less. 15-30 Mb is how much AF takes

TheDepraved
#65987 by GoldAuraHunter Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:37 am
TheScythe wrote:I can pretty much guarantee that its another process that used up all that bandwidth. I did a clean reinstall of my machine this week and the initial login took nowhere near that amount, it was around 10x less. 15-30 Mb is how much AF takes

But how is it another process? When I do nothing when tethered, nothing is used up. When I launch any version of Astroflux, that's when the bandwidth starts to be used. Could it be something that starts up when Astroflux starts?

Hey, what's going on guys? I am a YouTuber who loves to record Minecraft and other stuff. My goal is to become a popular YouTuber and make Astroflux a more popular game alongside.
YouTube - AzurezEpic