Official announcements for AstroFlux
#65543 by Tef Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:22 pm
TheKrazyKangaroo wrote:I'm getting at least 3 disconnects a day whilst playing and none of them affect me only. Sometimes when the game is loading, it disconnects me again and again until I just refresh the page. Could you also try to fix the broken warp from pvp, every time you warp out of pvp, you have to refresh the page to return to the game which I could see could be really annoying to Steam players. (Armor Games player).

I think I fixed the PvP disconnect earlier today actually.
#65547 by Jesright73 Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:42 am
The connection problem has been occurring on a slow, gradual increase since early summer, about the time that the graphics update was being worked on.
The recent problem of frequent large-scale disconnects has been more sudden. It was around the time of the Halloween update that they became so frequent so suddenly; This is also shortly after players began farming executor en masse for experience.
#65563 by Tef Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:36 am
Jesright73 wrote:The connection problem has been occurring on a slow, gradual increase since early summer, about the time that the graphics update was being worked on.
The recent problem of frequent large-scale disconnects has been more sudden. It was around the time of the Halloween update that they became so frequent so suddenly; This is also shortly after players began farming executor en masse for experience.

Thanks for the information. I will relay this to PlayerIO and hopefully we can find the cause eventually.
#65586 by TheKrazyKangaroo Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:00 pm
Tef wrote:
TheKrazyKangaroo wrote:I'm getting at least 3 disconnects a day whilst playing and none of them affect me only. Sometimes when the game is loading, it disconnects me again and again until I just refresh the page. Could you also try to fix the broken warp from pvp, every time you warp out of pvp, you have to refresh the page to return to the game which I could see could be really annoying to Steam players. (Armor Games player).

I think I fixed the PvP disconnect earlier today actually.

Thankyou, this is so much better now but yesterday whilst warping to pvp, I had to refresh to get there, the screen just froze on the top 10 players list.

#65592 by AC-Archangel Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:54 pm
Hyperion wrote:I have a hunch those Nexar Bombers are playing a big part in this given how my fps drops in chunks each time a bomb goes off (about 15 fps from 60 in Fulzar, about 20-30 fps from 60 in Vorsran).

Agreed. They cause noticeable lag for me when i use wifi on my tablet via puffin,

Tef i do believe for a very long time now players have been mentioning how bad playerio is as a provider. But thank you for finally working to FIX THE LAG!Ill try to provide more info when im on a computer atm.

When the game dies remember to say sorry you didnt listen to me magnus.

http://rainmercs.freeforums.org/index.php
#65596 by DaGGerz Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:09 am
AC-Archangel wrote:
Hyperion wrote:I have a hunch those Nexar Bombers are playing a big part in this given how my fps drops in chunks each time a bomb goes off (about 15 fps from 60 in Fulzar, about 20-30 fps from 60 in Vorsran).

Agreed. They cause noticeable lag for me when i use wifi on my tablet via puffin,

Tef i do believe for a very long time now players have been mentioning how bad playerio is as a provider. But thank you for finally working to FIX THE LAG!Ill try to provide more info when im on a computer atm.

Changing backend server providers isn't easy and would involve rewritting a lot of the network code and backend..not easy and would create so many different bugs too.

#65617 by AstralWalker Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:29 pm
I cant log in! Its been like this all afternoon... I just got the message "You got disconnected from the server"...
#65633 by SlikeyTre Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:13 am
My votes on re-writing the net code I've seen a game go from almost unplayable with 2 players to hosting hundreds just because they changed how the back end works(factorio). Sure it took the guy a week but it was well worth it and based on how the game has always kind have been unstable-ish investing some time into a re-work could be the best option. If you could definitively say hey its the host and it couldn't possibly be our code then by all means ignore the issue but I'm sure the dev's have learned some things since the net code was written that it could be improved and streamlined.
#65636 by TheKrazyKangaroo Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:21 am
Actually, I often bump around randomly. Sometimes I bump around but do not disconnect, sometimes I disconnect but don't bump around and sometimes I get both but to me there seems to be 2 separate issues. 1 being the lag and 2 as Supreme said, the disconnects must be a bug.

#65640 by traf Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:17 am
Actually . . . most of my connection issues are in Fulzar as well! One time i was in the middle of a reset (meaning i was starting to upgrade things again) and I got disconnected. I re-submitted the link into my flash projector, logged in, landed on the upgrade station, and tried to scroll down to upgrade my weapon. Disconnected! Again reloaded, disconnected again. I think my connection was stable after the 3rd or 4th disconnect.

Yeah, take a look at fulzar. Reading the posts on here, seems like most of the complaints are from there.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#65642 by Bellatrix Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:53 am
Fulzar is/was an issue for me too. But I can also confirm that I have issues in cynapsian, both opening map lag, takes 1 sec or longer but also more general lag. For me it seems to be more CPU intense, both me and dimi tried the same thing and he got nothing while I had major lag.

Try luring all the moths after you and follow the maze, for me I get more and more lag the more moths that are following me, it seems like the "blinking" visiual effect is very CPU intense, if it is CPU itense I guess that there is also data that needs to be sent and decoded, just a thought.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#65643 by Chris22 Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:23 am
The majority of my disconnects are when I am in the center of Vorsran.
#65644 by Luibis Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:33 pm
Same i was diconect 2 times from vorsan centre. 15 min interval