Official announcements for AstroFlux
#65447 by Tef Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:14 pm
Hey there,

I have just uploaded a public performance test with a possible performance boost, but it might also have new issues. Please check it out and let me know if its better, worse or no difference. This will not have any improvement on lag caused by network issues, only lag from slow CPU or graphics card.

The public test is available at http://www.astroflux.net/test4.html
#65457 by Jesright73 Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:34 pm
This is an improvement.
Lightning gun and eagle needles no longer cause slowdown- my ship would lose turn speed and responsiveness when i used those weapons before.
The leader board opens flawlessly now.
Landing and unlanding is smooth.

No noticeable change in fps when background is toggled on/off- fps hovers around 60.

though this test isn't supposed to affect latency, here are my latency numbers: ranges from 55 to 85, averages about 70. i do still get the usual lag that jumps the ship around.

Can't test Fulzar or Vorsran stability, my Astroflux main site account doesn't have those unlocked.

Overall, this test seems to be a step in the right direction.
#65484 by Draconis Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:41 pm
For some reason the instructions to do this via flash projector were moved to mod forums, doesn't make sense as to why... which is also the same instructions used for using test server on kong, and i imagine armorgames as well. So all those players can't really test unless they remember how that works. Hiding the instructions was kinda pointless cause they don't allow you into the test server without devs permission anyways. Seems like someone wasn't thinking that through, like they assumed it was some kind of risk without knowing what they were talking about maybe?

#65486 by TheScrub Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:49 pm
This looks great, looking forward to it's implementation!

Keep up the good work devs!

Our determination is based on our will to survive.

Never.
Give.
Up.
#65495 by TheKrazyKangaroo Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:22 am
It does lag slightly less but if you weren't looking for it, you wouldn't notice it. Still rubber band across the screen and the game freezes up as well. Still getting constant disconnects. I appreciate the effort to minimize lag but the effects are minimal.

#65506 by Bellatrix Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:08 am
Draconis wrote:For some reason the instructions to do this via flash projector were moved to mod forums, doesn't make sense as to why... which is also the same instructions used for using test server on kong, and i imagine armorgames as well. So all those players can't really test unless they remember how that works. Hiding the instructions was kinda pointless cause they don't allow you into the test server without devs permission anyways. Seems like someone wasn't thinking that through, like they assumed it was some kind of risk without knowing what they were talking about maybe?

This should be fixed now, they are moved back to hints for now. (thank you Daggerz)

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux