Official announcements for AstroFlux
#64808 by AnthonyC118 Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:22 am
Honestly, there is zero reason for the initial spawn time to be greater than the respawn time. If the initial spawn time is the same as respawn time, there is no reason to refresh as that will have zero effect on the respawn time (if anything, it increases the time because you have to reload the game first), while people now entering a system will have less of an issue.
#64828 by GrayBeard Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:26 pm
Tried mit today, much better although it makes me feel bad that all the crates drop steel only and no fluids or iridium.

#64845 by Saobie Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:44 pm
So any boss before Fulzar that dropped irid crates now dosnt. Wouldnt call that "improved loot", since all it is is about 5-10k steel, at best.

There goes any chance of sensibly farming 50,000 iridium.
#64847 by Tef Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:19 pm
Saobie wrote:So any boss before Fulzar that dropped irid crates now dosnt. Wouldnt call that "improved loot", since all it is is about 5-10k steel, at best.

I haven't removed any drops. It still drops the same mixed crates but with some additional steel crates.
#64850 by Saobie Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:26 pm
Tef wrote:
Saobie wrote:So any boss before Fulzar that dropped irid crates now dosnt. Wouldnt call that "improved loot", since all it is is about 5-10k steel, at best.

I haven't removed any drops. It still drops the same mixed crates but with some additional steel crates.

Then color me unfathomably unlucky. 14 MB's didnt drop a single one
#64855 by Nightsky Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:46 pm
Apparently i received quite a bit of iridium today from motherbrain, so it still drops the ordinary crate with the other resources... nevertheless, i might have to agree... iridium is a very important mineral in astroflux especially for elite tech, and the only good way to obtain iridium are both motherbrain and experimental macrophages in Sarkinon. I understand that we shouldn't make farming too easy and i disagree to that too, but a good... "iridium farming resource" would be great, we could add a new mini boss for that... "irradiated macrophage" or similar which can drop between 2.000 - 5.000 iridium.

#64859 by Saobie Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:51 pm
Nightsky wrote:Apparently i received quite a bit of iridium today from motherbrain, so it still drops the ordinary crate with the other resources... nevertheless, i might have to agree... iridium is a very important mineral in astroflux especially for elite tech, and the only good way to obtain iridium are both motherbrain and experimental macrophages in Sarkinon. I understand that we shouldn't make farming too easy and i disagree to that too, but a good... "iridium farming resource" would be great, we could add a new mini boss for that... "irradiated macrophage" or similar which can drop between 2.000 - 5.000 iridium.

Irid farming should be done in Fulzar if you ask me. I havnt been able to unlock Fulzar thanks to the horrid drop rate of Irid in areas before it.

MB shouldnt drop some every kill, but there has to be some reasonable way to get irid before Fulzar, and then a good way to get it in Fulzar. That way you can actually get to the final frontier without spending days farming a boss, and also be able to max your stuff if your the proper level
#64863 by thisguy27 Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:25 pm
So here's my take on this issue , i haven't actually looked at the loot MB drops.

I think just generally the gold crates in Vibrillian-cynapsian should gurentee 500-2000 iridium , and 4,000-8,000 steel. Most high levels are basicly forced to farm dreadqueen for golds now to get any decent steel if they don't have supporter to make use of siduses , and almost all newcommers have to farm an insane amount of time to get the iridium to get to fulzar/vorsran. By adding gurentee steel/iridium you soften both these issues.

As for the spawn timers , For bosses it's perfectly fine since they don't have set spawners , but for things that come out of normal spawners it feels way to long. I'll Rush up to dreadqueen spawners from my scaretrow and still have to wait 3 minutes to get her to spawn. In my opinion the spawn penalty should be 1 minute , since this is still longer than the load screens , but also not a burden enough so that when i use explorer to get to a miniboss spawner i don't have to wait for the reason i came to said spawner to spawn.
Last edited by thisguy27 on Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Current Location: Luring thingies
#64864 by AC-Archangel Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:34 pm
Saobie wrote:Irid farming should be done in Fulzar if you ask me. I havnt been able to unlock Fulzar thanks to the horrid drop rate of Irid in areas before it.

MB shouldnt drop some every kill, but there has to be some reasonable way to get irid before Fulzar, and then a good way to get it in Fulzar. That way you can actually get to the final frontier without spending days farming a boss, and also be able to max your stuff if your the proper level

Polueno in zerg, or experimental macros in sark are both great for iridium, and you didnt need to refresh to farm polueno before too.

Im worried about the top end, before this mistake of a refresh farming fix i rapidly farmed sidus over ur, is this still doable in some way? If not is there some adequate replacement?

I kinda agree with ben, time will tell though i suppose.

When the game dies remember to say sorry you didnt listen to me magnus.

http://rainmercs.freeforums.org/index.php
#64876 by SlikeyTre Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:11 am
Ok since the patch through farming i've got 3.8mil Steel 50k Hydrogen(prolly mostly through recycleing everynow and then) 30k Plasma 10k iridium.... This leads me to wonder how im gonna level my ETs that requires soo soo soo much more of irid and plasma. I used to farm Avec for it... Now I'm kind of stuck wondering where i can go without having to recycle 900x... Please if a crate drops 1k steel make it drop 100 irid and plasma at the same time... Keep it some golden ratio because i really have no idea what to spend all this steel on when I'm being bottlenecked! Hell let me trade steel for other resources at some shady dealer... Or just get rid of the other resources and make everything cost steel... but DO SOMETHING im gonna end up with 8mil steel by the end of tonight with no way to spend it.

Just farmed the phage things in sarkinon - 15.7k Iridium in an hour... That was like 2 - 3 avec kills before the loot patch.

Also the respawn time on the spawner is horrible like 5-10min.
#64880 by Tef Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:23 am
SlikeyTre wrote:Ok since the patch through farming i've got 3.8mil Steel 50k Hydrogen(prolly mostly through recycleing everynow and then) 30k Plasma 10k iridium.... This leads me to wonder how im gonna level my ETs that requires soo soo soo much more of irid and plasma. I used to farm Avec for it... Now I'm kind of stuck wondering where i can go without having to recycle 900x... Please if a crate drops 1k steel make it drop 100 irid and plasma at the same time... Keep it some golden ratio because i really have no idea what to spend all this steel on when I'm being bottlenecked! Hell let me trade steel for other resources at some shady dealer... Or just get rid of the other resources and make everything cost steel... but DO SOMETHING im gonna end up with 8mil steel by the end of tonight with no way to spend it.

Just farmed the phage things in sarkinon - 15.7k Iridium in an hour... That was like 2 - 3 avec kills before the loot patch.

Also the respawn time on the spawner is horrible like 5-10min.

That Iridium number you are talking about was a very lucky kill before the patch. It was 3 crates with 25% chance to happen with 1-2k Iridium per crate and still is. So either were you really lucky before the patch or unlucky now.
#64885 by GrayBeard Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:48 am
Tef we need enemies that drop Iridium and Plasma fluids only gold crates pls

#64894 by troyboyny7 Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:58 pm
Tef wrote:Hey there,

Due to recent feedback regarding spawn-times and loot farming we have decided to increase the loot for larger enemies, this is also in line with the new mini-bosses that were introduced in the balance patch.

Improved loot for:
- Ossakel
- Dr. Drak
- Queen
- Dread Queen
- Dmats
- Tank
- Motherbrain
- Advectorian
- The Cleaner
- Dominator
- Mandrom
- Tefat
- Rotator

Bug Fixes:
- fixed heal weapon bug where they still healed enemies.

Enjoy!

i have always had issues w heal weapons i know i am hitting it yet i am not healing and i know they are not debuffing me so why is it not working