Official announcements for AstroFlux
#64669 by Tef Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:47 am
Hey there,

Due to recent feedback regarding spawn-times and loot farming we have decided to increase the loot for larger enemies, this is also in line with the new mini-bosses that were introduced in the balance patch.

Improved loot for:
- Ossakel
- Dr. Drak
- Queen
- Dread Queen
- Dmats
- Tank
- Motherbrain
- Advectorian
- The Cleaner
- Dominator
- Mandrom
- Tefat
- Rotator

Bug Fixes:
- fixed heal weapon bug where they still healed enemies.

Enjoy!
#64672 by Nightsky Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:42 pm
I see no changes at higher level bosses... the intended loot buff only applied so far on low level bosses, but motherbrain still drops as crappy loot as before... Same for advec/Cleaner

#64673 by Smeagol Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:53 pm
The Update aimed at discouraging players from refresh farming doesn't work correctly.
I do agree that someone logging in (or refresh farming) should have a delay before certain enemies spawn HOWEVER,
a player entering a new instance (not refreshing just entering) SHOULDN'T have the same penalty imposed on them, after all they are not increasing server lag as they aren't logging in they are just entering an instance.
Please remove this and make it as intended a penalty for someone logging in/refresh farming and not against a player entering an instance.
Smeagol...
PS CHANGE DN SPAWN TIMER IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PRIORITY 1!!!!! ON THE SPAWN TIMER CHANGES, A 50 MINUTE TIMER (TIMED MISSION) FOR AN ENEMY THAT TAKES 30 MINS TO SPAWN IS RIDICULOUS, AND THEY WOULDN'T AFFECT LOWER PLAYERS AS CLAIMED...
#64677 by Bellatrix Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:09 pm
Great, hope this lowers the gap and makes it easier to progres for the new guys.

As Smeagol said, please lower the spawn timer for DN....

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#64683 by Puppy333 Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:26 pm
The problem isn't the amount of loot dropped from enemies but rather the frequency of mob spawns that's making players wait for long periods of time between respawns... rather then change the amount of loot mobs drop with all of these arbitrary respawn times change the respawn times to allow players to disengage if they wish and then spawn the enemies back as quick as possible. And after the spawn times are reduced to a minimum you can mess around with the loot rewards at certain difficulty levels and with certain mobs. But as it stands now players are frustrated with the lack of farming that they were used to for years refreshing a system.
#64687 by Tef Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:40 pm
Bellatrix wrote:Great, hope this lowers the gap and makes it easier to progres for the new guys.

We had lower spawn rates before. But that made the system unplayable for ordinary people.
#64697 by Bellatrix Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:07 pm
Tef wrote:
Bellatrix wrote:Great, hope this lowers the gap and makes it easier to progres for the new guys.

We had lower spawn rates before. But that made the system unplayable for ordinary people.

Increase the mission timmer from 50 min to 2 hours? That way everyone can get a chance to finish it.

#64720 by traf Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:25 pm
Just to clarify, it's not the act of logging in that is the problem. it is the production of a new instance, which happens with reloading in an empty instance and with regular warping in.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#64723 by GrayBeard Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:34 pm
I haven't noticed any reduction in lag, is it just me ?

#64725 by Nightsky Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:39 pm
Haha, thanks devs for applying this change, it's simply awesome, healing finally makes sense and it's finally worth doing it.

#64730 by SpecialK Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:36 pm
traf wrote:Just to clarify, it's not the act of logging in that is the problem. it is the production of a new instance, which happens with reloading in an empty instance and with regular warping in.
Yeah, I was confused about this before it was explained (thanks Bellatrix :D ). Makes sense.
#64755 by Bellatrix Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm
DoucheBagDmitry wrote:DN's will terrorize lower level players if they have a shorter spawn time, but there is no reason the mission itself should not be 2+ hours like FT and advec missions are.

Yes yes yes

And btw steel farming in mit is very nice now, golden crates drop to the left and to the right, I think it is around 400k hour without refresh now, and it is also alot more fun to farm there now.

#64756 by SlikeyTre Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:09 pm
So eh about that Loot buff... Was just farming Advectorian like i have been the past few days and while yes 2 gold crates drop they now drop Less steel 0 Plasma 0 iridium(used to drop plenty of both)... Clearly a nerf made to look like a buff...

Did you even look at the numbers from before and after?

Has anyone checked the other boss's?
#64765 by Tef Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:43 pm
SlikeyTre wrote:So eh about that Loot buff... Was just farming Advectorian like i have been the past few days and while yes 2 gold crates drop they now drop Less steel 0 Plasma 0 iridium(used to drop plenty of both)... Clearly a nerf made to look like a buff...

Did you even look at the numbers from before and after?

Has anyone checked the other boss's?

You are correct sir, 3 crates seem to be missing. Will fix that tomorrow.
#64766 by Nightsky Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:46 pm
Tef, check all bosses again... most high level bosses do NOT drop more loot, but it feels like they drop less... Motherbrain drops the ordinary 1 crate all 5 kills, Cleaner drops nothing... D: