Official announcements for AstroFlux
#64767 by JohnnyD Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:54 pm
After quitting this game for 2years, today i immediately logged in seeing this update and for first time i am not disappointed. Please fix this so i can quit again in peace ;)
#64768 by Tef Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:06 pm
Nightsky wrote:Tef, check all bosses again... most high level bosses do NOT drop more loot, but it feels like they drop less... Motherbrain drops the ordinary 1 crate all 5 kills, Cleaner drops nothing... D:


Nothing? That should never happen of course. I will have a look at it tomorrow.
#64772 by DaGGerz Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:19 pm
Tef wrote:
Nightsky wrote:Tef, check all bosses again... most high level bosses do NOT drop more loot, but it feels like they drop less... Motherbrain drops the ordinary 1 crate all 5 kills, Cleaner drops nothing... D:


Nothing? That should never happen of course. I will have a look at it tomorrow.


I think he means in terms of golden crates. It never dropped any.

#64774 by Nightsky Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:43 pm
I mean the gold crates, yes! :)

But i thought with "improved loot" Tef pointed at the gold crate in particular, as pretty much all mini bosses and bosses drop gold crates now with the exception of those that i counted up.

Image
#64787 by TheSpirit Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:23 am
Tef wrote:Hey there,

Due to recent feedback regarding spawn-times and loot farming we have decided to increase the loot for larger enemies, this is also in line with the new mini-bosses that were introduced in the balance patch.

Improved loot for:
- Ossakel
- Dr. Drak
- Queen
- Dread Queen
- Dmats
- Tank
- Motherbrain
- Advectorian
- The Cleaner
- Dominator
- Mandrom
- Tefat
- Rotator

Bug Fixes:
- fixed heal weapon bug where they still healed enemies.

Enjoy!

Tank?? Which tank renegade or fanatic??
#64790 by Jesright73 Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:01 am
It is Fanatic Tank. drops many low steel crates instead of two high steel crates
#64791 by EthenSun Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:07 am
Cynapsian spawners with hardened shield???!!!
Died a couple times before i realized that they weren't taking damage...
Why? That was my main source of datachips
#64792 by Tef Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:32 am
Jesright73 wrote:It is Fanatic Tank. drops many low steel crates instead of two high steel crates


It should drop two additional low level steel crates. Not replacing the high ones.
#64796 by Bellatrix Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:34 am
A bug or feature (?) the moths and algae in mit elite will not drop any gold crates if you kill the "clam" shaped spawner, if you dont kill it they drop it like its hot.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#64797 by Smeagol Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:41 am
I could understand that a penalty on players refresh farming was ok and accepted.

But to penalise players with time limits for just entering an instance is not, this is a problem of bad design ON YOUR BEHALF, thus you should remove this penalty as its completely and totally YOUR FAULT!!!

Since this bad design is your own doing i suggest you improve your servers capacity in every respect (nice upgrade all round), you claim to have put 25K on the bottom line last year now spend it on fixing your hardware problems, can't hurt to increase your broadband bandwidth at the same time, who knows maybe by doing this lag would be decreased.
Stop penalising people for your own mistakes then try to say its because players refresh when it sounds like an issue when you enter an instance (NOT REFRESH), which is COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY YOUR FAULT NOT PLAYERS.

Let the truth be told
Smeagol..
#64799 by Tef Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:45 am
Bellatrix wrote:A bug or feature (?) the moths and algae in mit elite will not drop any gold crates if you kill the "clam" shaped spawner, if you dont kill it they drop it like its hot.


No, its not designed that way. So if that really is the case then its a bug. There is randomness involved, which can lead to a result that seem like it is so.
#64800 by SlikeyTre Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:47 am
Smeagol wrote:I could understand that a penalty on players refresh farming was ok and accepted.

But to penalise players with time limits for just entering an instance is not, this is a problem of bad design ON YOUR BEHALF, thus you should remove this penalty as its completely and totally YOUR FAULT!!!

Since this bad design is your own doing i suggest you improve your servers capacity in every respect (nice upgrade all round), you claim to have put 25K on the bottom line last year now spend it on fixing your hardware problems, can't hurt to increase your broadband bandwidth at the same time, who knows maybe by doing this lag would be decreased.
Stop penalising people for your own mistakes then try to say its because players refresh when it sounds like an issue when you enter an instance (NOT REFRESH), which is COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY YOUR FAULT NOT PLAYERS.

Let the truth be told
Smeagol..


Honestly with the GCs dropping now assuming they fix the Plasma / Iridium not dropping from GCs its not bad... I've found some spots that are better than my best refresh spot, so I'm joining the its an ok update. As for the Lag with them using Air instead of flash they could technically switch to UDP assuming its because the game is using TCP that the lag exists. They should have a really good idea if its hardware related just looking at the server / db r/w's. I'm siding with it not being hardware because of how when there was 2 "servers" before the problem wasn't as obvious and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the 2nd server wasn't a separate machine rather than just another instance of the server running on the same machine.
#64804 by Tef Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:55 am
Smeagol wrote:I could understand that a penalty on players refresh farming was ok and accepted.

But to penalise players with time limits for just entering an instance is not, this is a problem of bad design ON YOUR BEHALF, thus you should remove this penalty as its completely and totally YOUR FAULT!!!

Since this bad design is your own doing i suggest you improve your servers capacity in every respect (nice upgrade all round), you claim to have put 25K on the bottom line last year now spend it on fixing your hardware problems, can't hurt to increase your broadband bandwidth at the same time, who knows maybe by doing this lag would be decreased.
Stop penalising people for your own mistakes then try to say its because players refresh when it sounds like an issue when you enter an instance (NOT REFRESH), which is COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY YOUR FAULT NOT PLAYERS.

Let the truth be told
Smeagol..


I have no idea where you got that number from. We use a multiplayer service called PlayerIO for this game and we are in contact with them about the lag issues. And a 3-7 minute initial spawn time should not be the end of the world. Thats what it usually take for someone to even fly to an elite zone or mini-boss anyways. Unless you have a friend to teleport too, which means the initial spawn time has already passed or is going to pass soon.
#64805 by Tef Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:59 am
SlikeyTre wrote:
Smeagol wrote:I could understand that a penalty on players refresh farming was ok and accepted.

But to penalise players with time limits for just entering an instance is not, this is a problem of bad design ON YOUR BEHALF, thus you should remove this penalty as its completely and totally YOUR FAULT!!!

Since this bad design is your own doing i suggest you improve your servers capacity in every respect (nice upgrade all round), you claim to have put 25K on the bottom line last year now spend it on fixing your hardware problems, can't hurt to increase your broadband bandwidth at the same time, who knows maybe by doing this lag would be decreased.
Stop penalising people for your own mistakes then try to say its because players refresh when it sounds like an issue when you enter an instance (NOT REFRESH), which is COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY YOUR FAULT NOT PLAYERS.

Let the truth be told
Smeagol..


Honestly with the GCs dropping now assuming they fix the Plasma / Iridium not dropping from GCs its not bad... I've found some spots that are better than my best refresh spot, so I'm joining the its an ok update. As for the Lag with them using Air instead of flash they could technically switch to UDP assuming its because the game is using TCP that the lag exists. They should have a really good idea if its hardware related just looking at the server / db r/w's. I'm siding with it not being hardware because of how when there was 2 "servers" before the problem wasn't as obvious and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the 2nd server wasn't a separate machine rather than just another instance of the server running on the same machine.


Unfortunately we will probably never switch too UDP unless PlayerIO does so, since we use their multiplayer protocol and API's the game is very integrated with them and I don't think we will ever leave them unless we create Astroflux2.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

About

Welcome to the AstroFlux forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from experienced players. Please Join the discussions in the Astroflux forums. The game developers are active here and are happy to hear what you think!

AstroFlux is a MMO space shooter with numerous weapons, upgrades and abilities. Explore the galaxy and collect space junk to gain resources for new technologies.