Official announcements for AstroFlux
#64983 by mt10kardans Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:55 pm
Im not talking about buffing it up. Im talking to make it as before nerf. Maybe just reduce that burn to 800%. If its so op then why i have seen only 3 players it using in pvp including myself so far? Because there was and is far more faster ways to kill before update and now after update. And you can just use armor debuff from other weapons if needed. Needles also become almost useless because of guidance reduction by 100%. And Electrofield still 1 hit kills. Hell flames burns trough fast no matter what( but im good with it because these are pods weapons so its just busyness for devs to still keep them strong). I tested that Judi Light burn on players and it gave 6k burn from 1 hit (800% burn et) and same time i tested Plasma blaster and it gave 4k burn damage from 1 hit (400% burn et) and hkl gave 4.5k burn from 1 hit ( also 400% et) . So i dont know how it can be op since its sort range and you can avoid it like evryone talking same about phase blade which have so good dps that it just ignores armor.
#64988 by traf Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:00 pm
just to clarify, it wasn't nerfed by 100%, the damage in pvp was reduced to 100%. Some weapons have pvp bonuses, others are unaffected, and still others have pvp penalties. Aureus lightning went from having a bonus to being unaffected.

also, one hit by itself doesn't tell too much. try firing for a full second, and you should see a good difference in damage.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#65001 by Bellatrix Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:05 pm
Imagine if phase blade could add dot? That is what the ligthing is doing, and it stacks, alot. Compared to hkl, that does not stack at all or that much. Not even my plasma stacks that much. Only thing that does stack even close to that lightning is flame trail, try that. Needles are to easy to use they needed a nerf. People were just standing in one end and shooting them, I dont want that type of pvp.

Post nerf it seems like energy and kinetic is the way to go and corro has taken a step back. That is the only real difference i see right now. But give it another month or so and we will see more interesting build coming up.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#65012 by mt10kardans Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:13 pm
Bellatrix wrote:Imagine if phase blade could add dot? That is what the ligthing is doing, and it stacks, alot. Compared to hkl, that does not stack at all or that much. Not even my plasma stacks that much. Only thing that does stack even close to that lightning is flame trail, try that. Needles are to easy to use they needed a nerf. People were just standing in one end and shooting them, I dont want that type of pvp.

Post nerf it seems like energy and kinetic is the way to go and corro has taken a step back. That is the only real difference i see right now. But give it another month or so and we will see more interesting build coming up.

I just tryed to compare Plasma Blaster and Aureus Lightning on spawner in fulzar. I fired each weapon at spawner for 5 seconds and here is result:
Plasma Blaster stacked burn to 45k dot after 5 seconds(400% burn et);
Aureus lightning stacked burn to 62k dot after 5 seconds(800% burn et)
So there is that. Plasma Blaster stacked more dot from its 400% et if compared relatively. And Plasma Blaster have 2x more dps than may Judi light. I also tryed fire armor(smart gun with 50% armor debuff et) debuff at spawner before Plasma Blaster and it killed spawnner like 2x faster than judi light with its armor debuff and burn. In this test i tryed spawner with shield and with hp. And on my judi light right now i have 140k dps against Blades multi million so they not comparable weapons in terms to add dot to phase blade weapon...
#65016 by Bellatrix Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:44 pm
mt10kardans wrote:
Bellatrix wrote:Imagine if phase blade could add dot? That is what the ligthing is doing, and it stacks, alot. Compared to hkl, that does not stack at all or that much. Not even my plasma stacks that much. Only thing that does stack even close to that lightning is flame trail, try that. Needles are to easy to use they needed a nerf. People were just standing in one end and shooting them, I dont want that type of pvp.

I just tryed to compare Plasma Blaster and Aureus Lightning on spawner in fulzar. I fired each weapon at spawner for 5 seconds and here is result:
So there is that. Plasma Blaster stacked more dot from its 400% et if compared relatively. And Plasma Blaster have 2x more dps than may Judi light. I also tryed fire armor(smart gun with 50% armor debuff et) debuff at spawner before Plasma Blaster and it killed spawnner like 2x faster than judi light with its armor debuff and burn. In this test i tryed spawner with shield and with hp. And on my judi light right now i have 140k dps against Blades multi million so they not comparable weapons in terms to add dot to phase blade weapon...

When I come for you with my blade and phase you can just q and attack me with a DoT weapon, even after my q your DoT weapon will deal damage, my milion dps phase does not...

I will for the fun of it upgrade pb and see where it goes, but as far as I know it is not much to get from it.

#65020 by mt10kardans Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:20 pm
Bellatrix wrote:
mt10kardans wrote:

When I come for you with my blade and phase you can just q and attack me with a DoT weapon, even after my q your DoT weapon will deal damage, my milion dps phase does not...

I will for the fun of it upgrade pb and see where it goes, but as far as I know it is not much to get from it.

True but its just matter of tactics. After my q runs out jou can just teleport to me and kill me with 1 hit. Before update i went farming blobs with one friend who got blade and he sad that got 3-4 million dps on his blob settup. And its not about blade. What im trying to say that there is more stronger dot weapons and i dont completely understand why aureus lightning got nerfed that much. Before update i was allmost the only one who was using it so i dont understand how it could be considered op if evryone want to use strongest weapons to fight in pvp
#65053 by Bellatrix Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:18 am
mt10kardans wrote:
Bellatrix wrote:
mt10kardans wrote:

True but its just matter of tactics. After my q runs out jou can just teleport to me and kill me with 1 hit. Before update i went farming blobs with one friend who got blade and he sad that got 3-4 million dps on his blob settup. And its not about blade. What im trying to say that there is more stronger dot weapons and i dont completely understand why aureus lightning got nerfed that much. Before update i was allmost the only one who was using it so i dont understand how it could be considered op if evryone want to use strongest weapons to fight in pvp

So I went with your advice here and upgraded my pb with 400% burn... have you tried this weapon in pvp? Not, pve, but pvp? It has 0 damage, my flame trail does 20-30k dot after short contact, if I hit all of my pb shoots on someone they burn for 5k... You really need to test your theories out in pvp and not pve...

#65258 by mt10kardans Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:08 pm
Bellatrix wrote:
mt10kardans wrote:

Ofcorse i test my "theories" in pvp.In pve you cant shoot other players if you didnt know that...
#65263 by Bellatrix Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:27 pm
I mean against people and not spawners in pvp as you described your earlier tests...

#65264 by Jesright73 Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:32 pm
In response to mt10kardans; the terms pve and pvp are often misused in this game. The correct terms for instances are Friendly and Hostile. PVE means Player versus Environment, PvP Player versus Player. it's just easier to say pve or pvp.
Bellatrix's question isn't concerning the instance, but whether you are shooting other players to test, and not just a spawner or something with high hp.

Now, to get back on topic of the update; Would one of the devs be willing to post a list of ALL damage modifiers that affect pvp? i posted a request for this under Questions, but got no answer.

A list of what weapons get boosted damage and what weapons get reduced damage in pvp would be greatly appreciated. We could then make wiser choices of weapons for pvp.

:)
#65574 by Nightsky Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:42 pm
So, i want to add something to this, and this is a feedback to the devs.

I use the retro now, just to test, and i must say it's pretty obsolete, and for it's price it's easily outclassed by many 1500 Flux ships (Dmat, Prophecy, Spy). It's +20% Energy damage, -10% Cooldown and +45% Rate of fire just wont do it anymore. My suggestion/s:

Increase the shield regen by a quarter of what it has now. Additionally to that, add +10% Shield as well. Instead of +20% Energy damage, i would like to suggest +40% or +50%. Remove the cooldown or decrease it to -5%. Rate of fire can stay as it is and raise the speed bonus a bit to maybe +8% or +10%.

Thanks for reading!.