Official announcements for AstroFlux
#64661 by Ekat Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:15 am
The Lag is still way worse than it usually is .. could some 1 please address this as it is something that is important to the manner in which u play the game, IF NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT ..
#64662 by Humnahaah Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:21 am
I understand the need to introduce longer spawn times to cut down on refresh farming if this does indeed have an effect on the lag (although I've yet to see such a reduction in lag).

The problem is that the spawn times are far, far too long. They've now completely broken the flow of the game where I could jump to an empty system, do my mission, maybe kill something for a gold crate and get the hell out of there onto the next mission. Now, I jump to system and if it's empty I have to sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting and waiting for things to spawn...not really the recipe for a fast and fun game (which this is to me).

The spawn times really need a big nerf - surely even 1 minute is enough to cut down on the refresh farmers, while not punishing us that just play the game normally.
Last edited by Humnahaah on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#64668 by GrayBeard Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:41 am
Tef wrote:further more, most players don't refresh farm

Nice joke...Very nice...

#64675 by Asker Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:57 pm
You really should take a very hard look on how ahead some players have gone (steel and art wise) with exploit/exploit-ish (refresh) tactics and months/years on being able to farm with op weapons only available with flux or extreme luck.

Balance is paramount for pvp and nerfing/buffing weapons only improves pvp experience, but for pve/grind when you plug an exploit or op tactic you need to give a legit way back for players to be able to farm as effectively as exploiters did. Just nerfing obvious exploits or op weapons although necessary when its done in such a late fashion only creates a gap.

As far as pve is concerned I strongly urge to avoid nerfing weapons/ships and just buff the other that lag behind to reach the potential of the best ones.

Now for the resting instances i guess the reasoning behind it is to reduce lag/server strain so....yea whoever rode that train lucky you.

TL;DR: Update is probably legit and on point. Player strength gap widens further.
#64678 by Bellatrix Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:11 pm
Asker wrote:You really should take a very hard look on how ahead some players have gone (steel and art wise) with exploit/exploit-ish (refresh) tactics and months/years on being able to farm with op weapons only available with flux or extreme luck.

Balance is paramount for pvp and nerfing/buffing weapons only improves pvp experience, but for pve/grind when you plug an exploit or op tactic you need to give a legit way back for players to be able to farm as effectively as exploiters did. Just nerfing obvious exploits or op weapons although necessary when its done in such a late fashion only creates a gap.

As far as pve is concerned I strongly urge to avoid nerfing weapons/ships and just buff the other that lag behind to reach the potential of the best ones.

Now for the resting instances i guess the reasoning behind it is to reduce lag/server strain so....yea whoever rode that train lucky you.

TL;DR: Update is probably legit and on point. Player strength gap widens further.

Get blade, 3800 flux, and farm away, no other things needed...

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#64679 by Jpsi Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:14 pm
Asker wrote:You really should take a very hard look on how ahead some players have gone (steel and art wise) with exploit/exploit-ish (refresh) tactics and months/years on being able to farm with op weapons only available with flux or extreme luck.

As far as I know, no exploit (except some very few one which has been handled accordingly) created a gap such as what you said. The only exception being chest event, but now-a-day we have better arts quality available and powerfull way to far steel quickly. So this is not an issue anymore.

The best way to farm steel at the moment is to go exe farming. It can be done in clan instance. Provide more than 1M an hour, up to 1.5M an hour with proper setup, recycling arts and killing siduses while waiting.

Fortunately they didn't change anything about the level 145 boss and the strat to kill it are not nerfed (also a little bit more tricky because of decreased range). So farming the most powerfull arts is still possible. But you don't even need that : farming blobs arts is also quite powerfull.

The only thing I agree on is this: As far as pve is concerned I strongly urge to avoid nerfing weapons/ships and just buff the other that lag behind to reach the potential of the best ones.
Indeed. This is the best way.

#64681 by Puppy333 Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:20 pm
Tef wrote:
SpecialK wrote:
BrianN wrote:Hopefully they did mess with the cooldown on tanker...2nd fastest ship in the game.

Per respawn times, I think that consideration should be taken for people playing the game, not farming. You put a tiny respawn time and someone just getting to it can never be able to land on the planet.
Yeah, but tanker's cooldown was one of the things that distinguished it as a ship (apart from being, yknow, tanky). Now it's cooldown is equal to blade. Maybe 25% would be better?

You're right on the second point, in that playing through the game is important. But to progress, you kinda need to farm. I got to lvl100 without doing any serious farming, and you end up significantly underpowered compared to pretty much any enemy you come across in the later systems. Not to mention other players. We need a solution that allows both. Refresh farming managed this, but seemingly caused its own issues. (BTW, are we saying lag should be better now? Don't know if I can say that yet.)

Refresh farming was not only causing needless room creation on the server, it was also an abuse of the system and the game was never intended to be played like that. And further more, most players don't refresh farm and those players will benefit from this update. But we are not completely alienated to buff some loot if thats needed.

I agree refresh farming was causing problems and I'm glad it was fixed by the shields. But would you be opposed to basing respawn on how long it takes reasonably to get out of the line of fire if you no longer want to engage that mob instead of arbitrary respawn times that solely limit the ability to effectively farm a mob. don't limit how fast players can farm a mob if they are able too. balance the rewards for farming a mob based on the difficulty of the mob. Don't change the respawn time to artificially change the value of farming a mob. Do you agree with this or no?
#64682 by Bellatrix Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:22 pm
This was an issue when fulzar was released and astro lance had that 150 mil bug, some people used that bug to farm arts and became "OP". Most of those people dont play anymore and we now have access to arts far better then what was possible then.

I think what he was refering to is farming fulzar with ef and e.g. vindi, teleporting and 2 hit killing all of the system. But it is almost as fast using a blade farming the 3 places already described earlier. I have not tried it after the "faster" respawn patch but I would guess it should be even more steel now then before.

#64685 by SpecialK Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:31 pm
Jpsi wrote:The only thing I agree on is this: As far as pve is concerned I strongly urge to avoid nerfing weapons/ships and just buff the other that lag behind to reach the potential of the best ones.
Indeed. This is the best way.
Erm, a nerf to over-powered weapons is equivalent to a buff to under-powered, in terms of balance. The difference is in how this affects pve. A weapon being (unintentionally) over-powered makes pve easier, compared to how it was designed. Buffing the remaining weapons to match will ensure the game gradually gets easier over time. I think the term is power creep and it's generally a terrible idea.

Sucks when your main weapon receives a nerf but, really, it could have always been at that level if designed 'better' in the first place. Either you adapt with it to make it work, or make use of one of the free resets to try something new.
#64700 by BrianN Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:23 pm
Bellatrix wrote:There is a place to discuss moderation: viewforum.php?f=28

My point is that said forum is hidden and doesnt show up on some of the functions of the forum (not to mention the draconian rules that were set up for it).

It is sad that is is this way, but most "nerfs" were announced and discussed before hand, so people could prepare.

What percentage of players never see these announcements, not to mention that the announcements are vague to the point of useless ("reduced burn tech to 800%"...from what, 850% or 1900%?)

Refresh farming was not only causing needless room creation on the server, it was also an abuse of the system and the game was never intended to be played like that.

Your 'abuse of the system' proclamations seem weird to me considering that some of the more harmful examples of abuse are carried out by your moderators and their allies/alts.

So the solution is to always buff? Well, ill come back in a year and use a pixi to kill advec.
Player strength gap widens further.

People would argue that its closing because everything seems to be going against high lvl players (respawns, new weak minibosses that give lots of resources, pods that can give a new account an op ship, etc)...while (since the release of the great system Vorsran) giving nothing new of note to the high levels.

balance the rewards for farming a mob based on the difficulty of the mob. Don't change the respawn time to artificially change the value of farming a mob. Do you agree with this or no?

Very good point...just as an example, I get 1xp from a green BioMacro and 10xp from a BQ larvae...so now the piddly little new minibosses drop as much or more steel than the cleaner.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#64704 by Bellatrix Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:46 pm
BrianN wrote:My point is that said forum is hidden and doesnt show up on some of the functions of the forum (not to mention the draconian rules that were set up for it).

You are a player, a customer, my company does not discuss all our company details in public, why should we?

The way we run our business and the reasoning behind our decisions and products is nothing that we owe the customer. I dont see what it is that you want? That all information about everything should be 100% transparent? Current bugs that would allow exploit of arts/resources? What players have committed what violations and how they should be punished?

BrianN this is a game, most of those playing this game are young people, to treat everyone as an adult and expect the same responsibility form them as you would from a coworker in real life is not realistic or productive. Noone has achieved anything worth anything from abusing this game that is worth anything. They have more flux? Who cares? They have 1 month of farming more then you on zhersis? By this time it should be neglected, they have had more luck with pods, well life is unfair.

Accusing mods for harassing players is misleading and simply not true.

#64715 by GrayBeard Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:08 pm
Bellatrix wrote:Accusing mods for harassing players is misleading and simply not true.

Nah

#64722 by Monohelix Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:34 pm
First step on bringing content to the lower levels, good.
Now bring us maps for lower levels.
#64743 by BrianN Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:10 pm
Monohelix wrote:First step on bringing content to the lower levels, good.
Now bring us maps for lower levels.

You have Hyperion, Kapello, Durian, Venturi, Arrenius, Krit, Zerg, Hozar, Mit, Vib, Sark, Neurona and Cynapsian. As a high level we have Vorsran (and I cant play that because of the lag).

You are a player, a customer, my company does not discuss all our company details in public, why should we?

Thats what the mod forum is for...if someone dares to complain about the food, some of the mods go all Soup Nazi on us.

Accusing mods for harassing players is misleading and simply not true.

Well, I was going to link to you the thread about Scythe and the Regius, but its been mysteriously deleted (along with alot of other evidence I have posted)...how Orwellian.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#64748 by GrayBeard Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:25 pm
Was going to do the same Brian but i assumed Bella already knew about it so i didn't bother, good thing some one looked for it so check if it was still a thing or not.

(to people who said that all strike were anti mod because Will was a part of strike and he got demoded, here you see me and Bella standing on completely opposite views on mod stuff)