Official announcements for AstroFlux
#63502 by Draconis Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:23 pm
^
Exactly what I said, put the training button back and it sort of fixes the whole issue.

The 200 points was a safety net, it actually originated with my method that had nothing to do with dmats. My method was 200 points in all stats and then start exploring, this was for skipping the guide entirely. People just took it out of context and twisted it into some weird advice.

Even if we get the training button back, it doesn't fix the problem of accidentally dismissing crew members does it? Most people are going to explore almost all planets before ever getting the 4th or 5th, some might even skip the 3rd crew. Which leaves you at end game having to upgrade arts with crap crew members to make up for a simple mistake, one the devs clearly encourage us to make as if they were some kind of sick fluxxers who want us to make serious mistakes that should have been easily avoidable.

From what I gather, early crew(low level arts) take roughly 5x longer to get the same points we got from manual training. Late crew(high level arts) give roughly 3x more than we got from manual training. So basically we're still in the exact same boat, we just got different oars with funny shaped handles to row with. Now designed for extra newbie confusion, but still get us where we're going at a snails pace. Oh and the boat is terribly designed still, allowing us to tip over at a moments notice(waste months and months of time, years to some people).

Still nobody willing to fire a crew, or hire a new one, and figure out exactly how long it takes to get to 500 all stats by upgrading arts alone? No brave souls out there?
Last edited by Draconis on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

/ / /
#63508 by BrianN Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:09 am

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#63517 by da_wakka Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:45 am
I hope the change is reverted, or something else is implemented; I've seen a lot of great suggestions by the community. It seems the change was made to improve the game experience for high level players. As a new player (level 30), after logging into the game today to find out training was removed... I feel defeated. Sure, clicking a "train" button every 12 minutes was not the most fun thing to do, but at least I was seeing progress with my crew. I've now lost interest in exploring planets. Not only is it pointless to upgrade my art that is most likely going to be replaced tomorrow, but the rate of obtaining skill points, at least for new players, feels broken.

Edit: I also liked the ability to be able to train the crew from anywhere, whether I was out doing missions or between short breaks while attempting to clear a difficult planet. Now I have to abandon what I was doing to find a safe spot in order to upgrade a crappy art. It's much more tedious, which further makes the rate feel broken.
#63521 by King_Simon Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:22 am
The developers have done their best improving this game. Complaining after every update designed to help us is selfish. How do you think Tef is feeling right now? Working hard to fix problems, then blamed for making things worse. Personally, I love this change, it removes the dilemma of whether to upgrade artifacts or train crew. For the benefit of low level players however, I would suggest having crew training in addition to this new system.

Edits:
P.S. I noticed many like Draconis have the same idea
P.S.S. Still, we should not be blaming the devs for trying to solve problems.

If you are expecting something cool here, too bad.
#63539 by Jesright73 Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:44 am
i see that another change was instated along side the crew training change.

Chat is now only visible when you are in control of your ship. it disappears while any window or dialogue is open.

While i see the benefit of missions, arts, and ships stats not being obscured by chat, we can no longer communicate freely.

Would it be possible to place chat in a place where it can be displayed at all times, yet still be out of the way?
#63544 by traf Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:54 am

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#63582 by TheCen Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:55 pm

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#63596 by traf Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:43 pm
well, there is a pop up box that says "sending more crew members increases the odds for success" so I went for it.

with respect to the skills, I completely ignored them until I saw a planet that needed them. why upgrade something that I don't see a need for? This decision was as close as I could manage to what I would have decided 3 years ago.

and when I saw my first "cold" area, there were plenty of regular areas left for me to adapt to the need.

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#63599 by TheCen Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:31 pm

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#63601 by traf Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:25 pm
did you attempt the diplomacy area or move on to the other elite planet to get more points? I send my crew at zones that say "poor" chance of success. They may die twice going through a zone, but the points you get mid-explore are enough to carry you through.

and yeah, my crew is pretty even. it took them until like mid-durian to be actually even though. I don't bother with trying to clear all planets in a system before going to the next system. if I can't beat a zone, move to the next one and come back later.

― William Howard Taft