Official announcements for AstroFlux
#63450 by TheCen Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:03 pm
TheSupreme wrote:By the time a user is upgrading artifacts level 125+ they will be getting 40+ crew skills a day depending on how many crew they have.

We aren't talking about players at that level. The system works great for players already getting 5+ skill points. But, if you aren't getting 5+ skill points. It's taking LONGER. Please step out of your head for a few seconds and see that we are talking about players at levels 1 through 20 (possibly more). The old system guaranteed 5 skill points. The new system only gets you 1+ skill point. How are you not getting this?

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#63451 by Nightsky Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:08 pm
He's not understanding it because he only views one group of players, and these are the high-end players who have everything already. New players rather want to experience a fluid gameplay... and in games where upgrading needs nothing else but time you are a little bit better served... If exploring planets actually was good and rewarding too. Nevertheless... even this will take longer now at some point...

But now, i wouldn't be surprised if soon a player comes into the forums and says "i can't explore planet X in kritilian and i'm level 90". I am just saying.

#63453 by Draconis Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:11 pm
Prickles, do me a favor. Be brave and fire your crew, just one of them, without spending flux on them and having no planets to explore... tell me just how long it will take you to upgrade your way back to 500/500/500.

These are the issues the devs created with this ridiculously ill planned update, people sometimes accidentally dismiss crew thanks to crap button placement and no confirmation dialogue and on top of that they are encouraged to start exploring planets from day 1 which ruins your crew training. So how long does this new system take, it used to take over 5000 hours to get back to proper crew levels.

I don't know the times, and maybe I'm getting bad intel on these times... but from what I can see is it will take a lot longer. I hope I'm wrong.
Last edited by Draconis on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#63454 by TheCen Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:12 pm
TheSupreme wrote:
TheCen wrote:
TheSupreme wrote:By the time a user is upgrading artifacts level 125+ they will be getting 40+ crew skills a day depending on how many crew they have.

We aren't talking about players at that level. The system works great for players already getting 5+ skill points. But, if you aren't getting 5+ skill points. It's taking LONGER. Please step out of your head for a few seconds and see that we are talking about players at levels 1 through 20 (possibly more). The old system guaranteed 5 skill points. The new system only gets you 1+ skill point. How are you not getting this?

I don't see this as a problem, that's all.
A new player will simply see exploring as something they need a bit higher crew for.
Crew skills are much much faster now, whether you realize it or not.

There is no more getting stuck training for years like there was. Now anyone and everyone can do it in under 3 months! I would stop complaining. At least give it a chance. :)

I'm not complaining. I'm just pointing out that brand new players are going to get screwed in this. But, sure don't read what we are saying. Keep thinking we view this change as bad (which I don't.. but, only for BRAND NEW PLAYERS!!!).

[edit] It's not only for bad new players either. If you fired your crew. Oh boy. That would hurt big time. Old system of crew training at the start equaled less than 6 minutes to get 5 skill points. Under the new system. A strength of 50 to 60 is anywhere between 6 to 8 skill points.. in 4+ hours. :shock:

In four hours under the old system you could get close to 40+ skill points. Under the new system? Four hours equals 6 to 8 skill points? :o

40+ skill points... or 6 to 8 skill points. I'll take the Old system for 1,000.

Even at the highest amount. Only 20 skill points... And doesn't the time it takes to upgrade arts also increase with the level (strength) of the arts? So.. longer than 4 hours? How about 32 hours for 20 skill points? How many skill points could someone get in 32 hours of hiring a new crew in the old system?
Last edited by TheCen on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#63457 by TheCen Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:55 pm
@Supreme. What level art is that? I thinking it's way over level 50. Which just proves you aren't seeing what anyone is saying on this forum. This update is great for well established players. IF you aren't established or new... it's baaaad.
Last edited by TheCen on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WARNING:
#63459 by TheCen Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:00 pm
TheSupreme wrote:130(127)

Thought so.

Here ya go. Level 0 or level 1 art.

Still took 5 minutes to get 1 skill point.

WARNING:
#63460 by Nightsky Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:07 pm
Level 13 artifact, this is the upgrade time, and below the reward.
IMO... low.

#63461 by madman1506 Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:08 pm
The old system of crew training gave you a guaranteed 5 points when you trained the crew member. As long as you don't allocate a lot of points to the member the training always lasts between 5 and 7 minutes which is good for new players because they can give their crew members points very early in the game so they can get resources from planets they need. However, the new system provides quite the issue. Lower level players will now have to spend about twice as much the time upgrading artifacts to get the same amount of crew points. For example, my steam account is a level 16 player. Upgrading an artifact with him takes around 11 minutes and you generally get around 2 points with every artifact upgrade. If you compare this to waiting around 6 minutes to claim 5 points... you roughly get twice as many points in the same time with the old system. While it provides a great advantage for higher level players as it will level their crew faster it also provides a great disadvantage for all of the newer players as twice as much time will have to be put in for them to just get the points to upgrade their crew, yet alone leave them on planets for resources. Looking at this I'd say this update is pretty bad as newer players are going to become frustrated when they need resources but cannot get them anywhere near as quickly as they used to because they can't upgrade their crew quickly enough... :(
#63462 by traf Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:17 pm
Hey, how about we lower the artifact upgrade times to max out at 6 hours? That should fix the "it's slower now" problem.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#63463 by TheCen Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:18 pm
traf wrote:Hey, how about we lower the artifact upgrade times to max out at 6 hours? That should fix the "it's slower now" problem.

That's not even the issue. The issue is the 1 to 2 skill points players will get from art upgrades. It doesn't even come close to matching the old system.

WARNING:
#63466 by traf Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:23 pm
well if it took 45 seconds to upgrade an art, you'd get 10 points in 7.5 minutes or so. That would be a pretty sharp decrease in upgrade times though, not sure the devs would spring for it :/

I suppose I would want an auto upgrade option for that case, since clicking a button every 45 seconds might get annoying.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#63468 by TheCen Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:31 pm
traf wrote:well if it took 45 seconds to upgrade an art, you'd get 10 points in 7.5 minutes or so. That would be a pretty sharp decrease in upgrade times though, not sure the devs would spring for it :/

I suppose I would want an auto upgrade option for that case, since clicking a button every 45 seconds might get annoying.

If anything.. the skill points should start at 5 points per upgrade and scale up from there. At least that would be somewhat more accurate to what was in place before.

WARNING:
#63469 by TheScythe Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:39 pm
Math has been done.

Might post a few of the calculations later if I remember and am free and am not doing other stuff

TheDepraved
#63476 by DaGGerz Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:07 pm
People can explore low level zones first to get better trained members, no new player will instantly upgrade artifacts. You only need 500+ for the best artifacts so it's less of a problem than it's being perceived as.