Official announcements for AstroFlux
#63460 by Nightsky Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:07 pm
Level 13 artifact, this is the upgrade time, and below the reward.
IMO... low.

#63461 by madman1506 Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:08 pm
The old system of crew training gave you a guaranteed 5 points when you trained the crew member. As long as you don't allocate a lot of points to the member the training always lasts between 5 and 7 minutes which is good for new players because they can give their crew members points very early in the game so they can get resources from planets they need. However, the new system provides quite the issue. Lower level players will now have to spend about twice as much the time upgrading artifacts to get the same amount of crew points. For example, my steam account is a level 16 player. Upgrading an artifact with him takes around 11 minutes and you generally get around 2 points with every artifact upgrade. If you compare this to waiting around 6 minutes to claim 5 points... you roughly get twice as many points in the same time with the old system. While it provides a great advantage for higher level players as it will level their crew faster it also provides a great disadvantage for all of the newer players as twice as much time will have to be put in for them to just get the points to upgrade their crew, yet alone leave them on planets for resources. Looking at this I'd say this update is pretty bad as newer players are going to become frustrated when they need resources but cannot get them anywhere near as quickly as they used to because they can't upgrade their crew quickly enough... :(
#63462 by traf Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:17 pm
Hey, how about we lower the artifact upgrade times to max out at 6 hours? That should fix the "it's slower now" problem.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#63463 by TheCen Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:18 pm
traf wrote:Hey, how about we lower the artifact upgrade times to max out at 6 hours? That should fix the "it's slower now" problem.

That's not even the issue. The issue is the 1 to 2 skill points players will get from art upgrades. It doesn't even come close to matching the old system.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#63464 by TheSupreme Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:19 pm
traf wrote:Hey, how about we lower the artifact upgrade times to max out at 6 hours? That should fix the "it's slower now" problem.

Agreed!

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#63465 by TheSupreme Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:22 pm
TheCen wrote: It doesn't even come close to matching the old system.

Exactly!!! The old system!

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#63466 by traf Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:23 pm
well if it took 45 seconds to upgrade an art, you'd get 10 points in 7.5 minutes or so. That would be a pretty sharp decrease in upgrade times though, not sure the devs would spring for it :/

I suppose I would want an auto upgrade option for that case, since clicking a button every 45 seconds might get annoying.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#63468 by TheCen Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:31 pm
traf wrote:well if it took 45 seconds to upgrade an art, you'd get 10 points in 7.5 minutes or so. That would be a pretty sharp decrease in upgrade times though, not sure the devs would spring for it :/

I suppose I would want an auto upgrade option for that case, since clicking a button every 45 seconds might get annoying.

If anything.. the skill points should start at 5 points per upgrade and scale up from there. At least that would be somewhat more accurate to what was in place before.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#63469 by TheScythe Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:39 pm
Math has been done.

Might post a few of the calculations later if I remember and am free and am not doing other stuff

TheDepraved
#63476 by DaGGerz Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:07 pm
People can explore low level zones first to get better trained members, no new player will instantly upgrade artifacts. You only need 500+ for the best artifacts so it's less of a problem than it's being perceived as.

#63477 by TheScythe Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:13 pm
The order of stuff is reversed now - all this time emphasis was on exploring later and training crew first. Now, new players get easy quick crew trained as well as the exploration rewards. Artifact upgrading can come in later.

TheDepraved
#63478 by Draconis Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:14 pm
DaGGerz wrote:People can explore low level zones first to get better trained members, no new player will instantly upgrade artifacts. You only need 500+ for the best artifacts so it's less of a problem than it's being perceived as.

So then do it, take me up on the challenge. Fire a crew member and see just how long it takes to make it back to 500 all. Used to take somewhere between 5000 and 6000 hours. Get back with me in a few months to a year when you have the results.

The entire fluxxing point of changing the crew system was to remove that horrible punishment of accidentally exploring too early, this seems to have utterly failed in that regard. Or am I wrong, and it actually takes less time? Fire a crew member and find out.

#63479 by TheCen Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:25 pm
Draconis wrote:
DaGGerz wrote:People can explore low level zones first to get better trained members, no new player will instantly upgrade artifacts. You only need 500+ for the best artifacts so it's less of a problem than it's being perceived as.

So then do it, take me up on the challenge. Fire a crew member and see just how long it takes to make it back to 500 all. Used to take somewhere between 5000 and 6000 hours. Get back with me in a few months to a year when you have the results.

The entire fluxxing point of changing the crew system was to remove that horrible punishment of accidentally exploring too early, this seems to have utterly failed in that regard. Or am I wrong, and it actually takes less time? Fire a crew member and find out.

Not only fire a crew member to find out.. start a new account to find out. It's taking 5 times longer to achieve skill points in order to explore planets. How many does one need in order to unlock all the special skills? OR are you guys completely forgetting that most of the skill points players earn come from exploring planets? The front end is weighted against new players.

WARNING:
#63480 by TheCen Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:46 pm
Special Skills:
4 - Cold
5 - Heat
5 - Radiation
6 - First Contact
6 - Trade
7 - Collaboration
8 - Kinetic Weapons
10 - Energy Weapons
12 - Bio Weapons
==============
63 Skill points needed in order to unlock all the "Special Skills" for one crew member.
This doesn't include the points needed to unlock the specials skills (at least 20 in each Diplomacy, Combat, Survival).

As an example: Mandrom is level 18. Figure 3 skill points for upgrading Mandrom arts? Players would have to upgrade 21 arts or 21 times in order to reach 63 skill points. And that's 21 times at 15+/- minutes a piece.

So, basically this is forcing players to wait longer in order to explore planets? Cause at some point they are not going to be able to explore; based on the lack of skill points/special skills.
Last edited by TheCen on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WARNING:
#63482 by Inverse Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:53 pm
Funny how they implement things to make new players life worse, do you want them to runaway? this period in time "2016", where everything is kinda casual and less people can devote their full time to games, please make their life BETTER... i am not talking about arts restriction, i am talking about a downgrade in the max crew optimal art upgrading to 300/300/300 and make it easier to train your crew, not this!

This update rewards people that screwed their crew training, making their 400/400/400 receive 10+ points for level 100 crap arts (24hrs) and avoiding the 46hrs training for 5 points.

I still believe this is a multiplayer game and things shouldn't be easy, but i am an old player here... what you need is new blood and new blood needs incentive.

ps: just amazing how thesupreme literally ignores key parts in some posts and still talks about the same 100+ level player stuff...

Thank you, Devs!!!
Last edited by Inverse on Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.