Official announcements for AstroFlux
#63415 by Tef Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:15 am
Hi everyone,

We have some great news. For a long time crew training has been a pain for both new and old players, it was unforgiving and could easily make the player feel cheated, or give up on the entire crew. Therefore we have decided to remove crew training and replace it by giving out skill points during artefact upgrades instead.

The crew member will now gain 1-20 skill points depending on artefact strength.

This will hopefully speed up and make crew training more relevant.

Happy training!
#63416 by Nightsky Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:19 am
Relatively nice, must admit... i never really upgrade my artifacts but maybe i should do that now.

Though... you should give the crew more purposes and not just ways to train faster, such as mining capabilities on planets, strengthen your ship or something like that. Because crew is (until you explored all planets) only useful for upgrading artifacts, and this can't be the main "purpose" of a crew member...

Image
#63417 by BrianN Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:26 am
My lil harem has quite a few uses (end of 3rd shift zombie humor)

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#63418 by Tef Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:27 am
Nightsky wrote:Relatively nice, must admit... i never really upgrade my artifacts but maybe i should do that now.

Though... you should give the crew more purposes and not just ways to train faster, such as mining capabilities on planets, strengthen your ship or something like that. Because crew is (until you explored all planets) only useful for upgrading artifacts, and this can't be the main "purpose" of a crew member...


We solved the urgent problem, we would of course like crew members to play a more active role in the game.
#63421 by Grobson Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:10 pm
And what do all those points do? Any changes to that?

My best arts - probably already have better..but still fun,
#63422 by Tef Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:17 pm
Grobson wrote:And what do all those points do? Any changes to that?


No changes, they are useful for upgrades and exploring. As they were previously.
#63437 by TheCen Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:06 pm
Just a question:

Under the previous way; training guaranteed 5 crew points when you pressed the train button. I just reviewed some old footage of mine and the time on the training was 5 min and 33 seconds. With this new update crew members now have to upgrade arts. A strength 0 or 1 equals 1 skill point. AND it still takes at least 5 minutes to upgrade the art. As far as I can see.. this doesn't speed up anything for new players. If anything... it's A LOT slower.

My question is; at what point does updating garner 5 skill points in order to match the old system? And how many arts are new players going to have to upgrade in order to match the old system? At least until they reach the 5 skill point level.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#63439 by Nightsky Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:11 pm
TheCen makes a good point... just upgraded some of my level 50-80 artifacts because they were done quite quickly... it took me 1 - 4 hours to upgrade and all i got was 5 - 6 skill points :| training did take me 1 hour and i got 5 points.

Image
#63441 by Tef Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:25 pm
With highly trained crew the old training took much longer than 5 minutes, it took up to 48 hours to get 5 skill points.
#63443 by TheCen Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:33 pm
Tef wrote:With highly trained crew the old training took much longer than 5 minutes, it took up to 48 hours to get 5 skill points.


Yes. That's not the point of my question.

Brand new players are not going to have access to higher strength arts. I'm asking at what point (strength) does it overtake the old system?

Level 1 strength takes 5 min. Old system we were guaranteed 5 skill points in the same time. So new players will take them 25 minutes to get 5 skill points when the old system gave them 5 skill points in 5 minutes. What is the formula for the strength and skill points rewarded?

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#63444 by Nightsky Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:37 pm
Of course you say it's very balanced because you agree to every single update... As... every time usually.

The fact that the CREW LEVEL is important for a higher/maxed out chance for receiving multilevel upgrades ruins the concept again. all the 4 artifacts i just upgraded... i had one artifact with +2 level, all my crew members aren't even close to 300 skill points and just seeing that leveling up my highest artifact takes me 32 hours makes me thing about how much better the skill-point gaining really got. I can tell from so many games that upgrading in the most cases is instant or does have a fixed time... but in astroflux, your upgrading times can go to infinity if time wants so. If upgrading artifacts would take 1 hour then 2, then 3 and so on, it would be okay... but seriously, 32 hours for one artifact and at end getting maybe 15 skill points??? Mehh... i refuse.

I just started recently to train my crew near continuously and the first thing i realized is how fast it actually is compared to exploring planets... got 60 skill points within 3 days for my already high leveled up crew, wonderful! now i was in the market for 4 hours and get some stuff for the tonights party, and i came back and see i got 5 skill points (6 for the higher level artifact) for each of my crew, these artifacts received a rather low bonus and at end the only thing i can praise here is that you can now upgrade artifacts WHILE training your crew.

And wow, newbies now get 1 skill point by upgrading a level 10 artifact that takes maybe 20 minutes, great! :lol: such progress, much help.

We should receive skill points by doing a lot of stuff... Leveling up is a great way, maybe via pods (shared skillpoints) which would help too (could replace the trash stuff from pods), We could add skillpoint gain for killing stuff, we could receive skillpoints by adding more crew based features. So many possibilities... just noone really wants to add them.

In the end... i don't really care much... i never upgrade my artifacts, i never explore planets as both rarely are worth it... i explored the elite planets and that's it... wouldn't even wonder when my crew members are stuck on their seats already because they do nothing else but sitting in my ship with no task.

Image
#63446 by TheCen Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:51 pm
TheSupreme wrote:
A new player doesn't need 500,500,500 skills for their artifacts. Almost the moment they get that artifact they will get others, and this repeats until about level 100 - 120. This is where players will need higher trained crew and at this point players will have "keeper artifacts" that they will want upgraded with good quality crew.

The system put in place today pretty much scales with your level and allows users to upgrade their artifacts and gain points where as before they could not upgrade until they had a maxed crew. This allows new players to enjoy the game MORE because they can now use the upgrade feature instead of having to train their crews!


Again you are missing the point.

The problem is that in order to explore planets you need to at least get some skill points on your crew. (Will you at least admit to that?) So.. in order to get your crew all the required points to start exploring correctly you need close to 200 points (depending on how you go about exploring planets) . (Have I lost you yet?) Now.. take a brand new player. How are they going to reach 200 skill points on each crew? Under this new system... it's going to take a lot longer to get those skill points.

The skill points are based on the strength of arts. So, new players level 1-20 are going to have to get their hands on higher strength arts in order to get MORE skill points. (are you still following?). Level 1 strength art is 5 minutes to upgrade and equals 1 skill point. Hmmm.. this sounds like it's going to take longer for NEW players.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#63447 by Draconis Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:53 pm
In what game could they not upgrade arts? You didn't NEED 500 all stats to upgrade, it was recommended. Apparently still is, except now it takes a lot longer to get that far.

Devs didn't do crap with this update except make it harder on new players yet again. It'll take me a while to figure out exactly how much longer it's going to take for the players who screw up the planet exploring, remember my failure... took literally 7 months of 24/7 manual training because of that trap called planet exploring that the devs like to screw new players over with. 7 months for me is more like 3 years to the average though, not like everyone is capable of 24/7 training.

So how much longer will it take to do the same thing via upgrading just arts, which by the way would be a lot harder to write a script for vs manual training. Seems like they dropped the ball, then kicked it over a cliff and shot it with a rifle.

#63448 by Nightsky Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:54 pm
TheSupreme wrote:
Nightsky wrote:...


A new player doesn't need 500,500,500 skills for their artifacts. This is right. They won't get it that fast either... use your wonderful calculation skills and you will quickly realize how slow it actually became. I'm just doing some things again in the game and help some other friends who are level 40+ and said "we can't even explore planets in a level 10 system, how stupid is this?" I told them to use the train feature, they did it and now they can explore most planets up to zergilin... with this feature, they maybe get around 3 skill points for upgrading 30 minutes long. Wonderful, isn't it? Almost the moment they get that artifact they will get others, and this repeats until about level 100 - 120. So you see, upgrading them makes no sense at all... where exactly is the "better" part now? This is where players will need higher trained crew and at this point players will have "keeper artifacts" that they will want upgraded with good quality crew. Depends on how "high" they crew is skilled to that time they reach it.

The system put in place today pretty much scales with your level and allows users to upgrade their artifacts and gain points where as before they could not upgrade until they had a maxed crew. can it be you have no real idea what this update is about or what? Building up an alt now... no help from the outside, no power leveling, no begging... solo play, let's see how high the crew gets... i try to get to sarkinon in a slow pace... if i can't explore ANY planet in sarkinon, then the "fluid" argument here is invalid. This allows new players to enjoy the game MORE because they can now use the upgrade feature instead of having to train their crews!As my friend stated already, he would enjoy it more if he didn't had to rely on my power leveling and my farming for him. Compared to star sonata... you just sit here and level up days and weeks and farm an equivalent amount... just as a side note... i can't explore planets in sarkinon either :)

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

About

Welcome to the AstroFlux forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from experienced players. Please Join the discussions in the Astroflux forums. The game developers are active here and are happy to hear what you think!

AstroFlux is a MMO space shooter with numerous weapons, upgrades and abilities. Explore the galaxy and collect space junk to gain resources for new technologies.