Official announcements for AstroFlux
#62295 by Nightsky Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:43 am
I currently have 3 problems with PvP at the moment... i think mine differ a bit from the others.

Reason 1 - I know i can't win
With the current possible strength and the requirements it is simply put "impossible" for me to catch up this strength. I could join PvP right now and maybe get 2 or 3 kills from people who are nearly down, but this is about it. I mean i'm not even complaining about my lack of strength, being weak gives you more opportunities and places where you can find challenges at, plus, i'm mostly helping newer players since 2014. But this is not really the point, my point is i join PvP -> I get maybe 3 or 4 kills or if i'm lucky enough and i come together with players who suck as well some more -> I lose the match -> I get nothing but some artifacts and deducted points. I have nothing against a PvP-ranking system, i never cared about ranking in any game. But it's just sad to see that my efforts in a single PvP-match (yes, even though i'm weak i'm actually trying to get some kills) just come into the favor of the winners. And at end, i get nothing but several artifacts which don't help me. But this gets me to the next point.

Reason 2 - The rewards are far to low for me to participate
Let me point out one thing straight away, in several games where i can join PvP-Matches i get some rewards, regardless of win or lose. Sure, the winner is supposed to get more, obviously. But in other games (just like in darkorbit, a game that is called a greedy-P2W Game) i get several useful rewards in the Battle arena which actually helps me a bit. But in astroflux i get something i already have and i don't need: Artifacts. I got Vindicator artifacts which are kind of useful. Other than that, i get nothing, some EXP and minerals which give me after 20 loses the opportunity to upgrade another weapon of mine to level 1.

PvP should reward me significantly. And yeah, even losing should reward me, just lower than winning. As DaGGerz and I pointed out, a significant per-match reward like flux, minerals and EXP would be great. Especially minerals would help me as i have the most useful ships already and EXP would level me up (and i think we all know how slow i leveled up during these years). And yeah, even 2 or 3 Flux would satisfy me and give the winner 10 flux or something... then i would actively play PvP and know "within 2 or 3 weeks i might have 8 million steel more and i can level up my stuff more". I don't even want values of 100.000 steel, but i would be satisfied if i get like 7.500 - 12.500 XP, 20.000 - 40.000 Steel, 5.000 - 10.000 other minerals and maybe 2 or 3 Flux just for "losing". Of course, lower level matches should give a bit less then but still help them to build their account up.

Reason 3 - PvP is unfair as-it-is
To win in PvP, you have to be the top meta, you have to use the strongest and most broken weapons ingame, you have to find the most unfair tactics and of course: You need to have the strongest artifacts. PvP is supposed to be fair and not just pure strength based. I actually want to play with weapons i feel like i can work best with and not just suffering from an endless pain of not achieving any kill during the match... And i don't want to farm all the day long for good artifacts and steel just because PvP is forcing me to. I want to stand a chance regardless of ship, weapons and artifacts... But this is more of a wish that will never come true. Especially ranked matches should be skill based and not just strength based.

Image
#62296 by Jpsi Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:09 am
DaGGerz wrote:I think instead of this flux reward given out monthly, it should instead be given out ingame. You complete a PvP match and you gain 5-10 flux forexample. Play 20 games in a month and you'll get around 100 flux just from PvP. Best players in that month also get a flux bonus linked to their performance (5k is too much).


Just a small proposition about the per-match reward / per month reward.
- you gain per match: XP - ressources - flux - artifact
- at the end of each month, the top 10/20 get a troon reward for the next month, depending of their performance. This one could be significant but, as those are troons, it only gives an advantage for one month.
- a pvp title at any moment of the game: the players with the most troons get a title before their names, so that they could be recognized (and feared).
In practice, at the beginning of each month the pvp winners will own the first titles. But a good pve player can get first place during the month, if they plays a lot planet war.

The monthly reward should be symbolic, in order to avoid feeding the strongest. A title system could do the trick.

Other solution: give some pods to the winner. As pods are random stuff, it can be ok too. By the way, we should also give pods for the strongest clans, and strongest troons players.
Last edited by Jpsi on Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#62297 by BrianN Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:59 am
Back then.. no one cared about their rank or any rewards (except per match rewards). All they cared about was having fun.

Indeed...Make Astroflux Fun Again...{sarcasm on the slogan, not sarcasm on the spirit}

Also, why do we give out awards to the top pvp players, when it should be given to the top troon getters? Itll pump up PW and reward the people who play the game the most. Plus I dont know how it really can be abused.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#62310 by TheSupreme Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:13 pm
How about this:
Every 3 kills in DM gives you 1 flux.
If you win a DM you get an additional 5 flux.
So winning would be 10 flux.

Dom:
Every 5 zones captured is 2 flux.
Winning team gets an additional 5 flux bonus.

Change Monthly rewards to the following:
1st. 3.5K
2nd. 2.5K
3rd. 1.5K
4th. 700
5th. 600
6th. 500
7th. 400
8th. 300
9th. 200
10th. 100

Discord ID
TheSupreme#4703
#62311 by Nightsky Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:32 pm
Nope... First, these 3 kills you need in DM are impossible for some players because they literally get dominated by the others... 5 zones in Domination? Insane m8? I mean it's nice that you are able to do this but uhh... what about... US? How about a reward we all can be happy about regardless of work we've done? The participation only already is a challenge for a few of us.

Image
#62331 by BrianN Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:10 pm
TheSupreme wrote:How about this:
Every 3 kills in DM gives you 1 flux.
If you win a DM you get an additional 5 flux.
So winning would be 10 flux.

Dom:
Every 5 zones captured is 2 flux.
Winning team gets an additional 5 flux bonus.

Disgusting...like depraved wouldnt abuse the everloving flux out of this like they abuse everything else (TheSaint was a bad pvp'er until he joined depraved and now he's in the ponzi scheme that is PVP rewards.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#62347 by TheSorrow Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:07 am
BrianN wrote:(TheSaint was a bad pvp'er until he joined depraved and now he's in the ponzi scheme that is PVP rewards.


Actually Brian, you are wrong. I just never made an effort in pvp before, I never had a reason to, or had the time to. Now, I have a little more time on my hands, and I actually want to make an effort :)
#62361 by GrayBeard Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:11 pm
The Saint wrote:
BrianN wrote:(TheSaint was a bad pvp'er until he joined depraved and now he's in the ponzi scheme that is PVP rewards.


Actually Brian, you are wrong. I just never made an effort in pvp before, I never had a reason to, or had the time to. Now, I have a little more time on my hands, and I actually want to make an effort :)

Image

More like i found more friends to feed me with their deaths :) ;)

Image
#62364 by DevNull Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:23 pm
yeah thats not shady as hell..Oh its Depraved never mind its expected.

I dont have many friends, I just know alot of people
#62389 by AC-Archangel Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:23 pm
The Saint wrote:
BrianN wrote:(TheSaint was a bad pvp'er until he joined depraved and now he's in the ponzi scheme that is PVP rewards.


Actually Brian, you are wrong. I just never made an effort in pvp before, I never had a reason to, or had the time to. Now, I have a little more time on my hands, and I actually want to make an effort :)



As the guy who originally picked up both you and order im gonna say bulllllship, every dm your in order is in, and every time he does the exact same thing, flies to you, lets you kill him without fighting back.

When the game dies remember to say sorry you didnt listen to me magnus.

http://rainmercs.freeforums.org/index.php
#62391 by GrayBeard Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:27 pm
So it is confirmed that saint was manipulating pvp to win the 5k flux, Can the devs comment on this?

Image
#62416 by BrianN Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:46 pm
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10240&p=52711&hilit=investigate#p52711

AKA "We are investigating this! Now stop asking for answers!!"

In that same post, ozy says:


KaleSplat wrote:
You want to know what I really love about this topic? Everyone is throwing blatant accusations that don't hold up to anything against Supreme (And possibly VenomStorm as well).

Well, a lot of things told about him are facts, others still avaiting confirmation, some are false. Remember that saying "blatant accusations" will reflect poorly on you if it turns out at some point they were true.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#62423 by GrayBeard Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:23 pm
Oh i totally remember how Prickles was actually going to become a moderator at one point before he was caught (and when he switched to being Supreme as well) As well as how people thought Venom aka EnderStar was a legit player that was totally not a hacker!

Image
#62439 by DaGGerz Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:29 am
GrayBeard wrote:Oh i totally remember how Prickles was actually going to become a moderator at one point before he was caught (and when he switched to being Supreme as well) As well as how people thought Venom aka EnderStar was a legit player that was totally not a hacker!


How would you know if he was going to become a moderator or not? Stop spreading false information and stay on topic to the thread.

Anymore offtopic posts will be deleted

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

About

Welcome to the AstroFlux forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from experienced players. Please Join the discussions in the Astroflux forums. The game developers are active here and are happy to hear what you think!

AstroFlux is a MMO space shooter with numerous weapons, upgrades and abilities. Explore the galaxy and collect space junk to gain resources for new technologies.