Official announcements for AstroFlux
#62257 by Kumo Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:31 pm
Congratulations to TheSwole for claiming 1st place on the September PvP ladder!

Here's the top list for September! The top 3 players received a price of 5000, 2000, 1000 respectively. The rest received 250 Flux each.

#1 - TheSwole
#2 - TheSaint
#3 - Gjoken
#4 - dergrosseHeld
#5 - TheSupreme
#6 - Mini_Sme
#7 - TheScimitar
#8 - TheSpark
#9 - Jpsi
#10 - Miswakinator

On a side note, we are planing to expand the number of prizes in the future.
#62258 by Syst185X Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:46 pm
I see... the number of prices expanding

Rawr

AMAZING

The empire may have fell, but one day...it'll come back stronger then ever.

5/27/2017

Feel free to contact me via messages. I'm mostly inactive though, maybe I'll return one day.
#62261 by traf Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:38 pm
i would hope the prizes also get more meaningful in size. concentrating the value at the top three ranks is not very encouraging if you're not at the peak of astroflux strength

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#62264 by Nightsky Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:06 pm
We could give out very special PvP ships which combine the strength of Vindicator, blade and shadow in one ship to reward the first placed guy appropriately. [Sarcasm]

How about this: No rewards at all... Due to the PvP Rewards the game became unfair because everybody knew no intense farming = No win. We already complained about that, a big part of the community said it would be better with no rewards or at least no rewards which influence the strength, instead, you want to increase it, it's like you always do the opposite of that what the community wants. Great. How about improving Coop Survival instead of making PvP just more unfair as it already is? I wouldn't wonder if always the same players play PvP.

#62269 by TheCen Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:35 pm
Just wondering when you guys are going to remove the pvp awards? All the awards did was make a bunch of players quit the game because no one wants to pvp because the point system is so jacked up that being the best on your team doesn't mean anything if you lose.

I for one have been boycotting (with a few exceptions) dom/dm since the introduction of awards.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#62270 by Tef Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:58 pm
TheCen wrote:Just wondering when you guys are going to remove the pvp awards? All the awards did was make a bunch of players quit the game because no one wants to pvp because the point system is so jacked up that being the best on your team doesn't mean anything if you lose.

Not sure we understand to be honest. Can you explain why rewards prevent you from playing PvP because you lose? How can it be worse now than before the rewards?
#62272 by Nightsky Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:12 pm
The issue is that you make the top players even stronger for the actual not-so-hard work they've done... If you are strong and literally can disintegrate everything with ease, how does flux actually impact you? "Ohh, let's buy a new ship with another broken weapon and copy it on this ship so i can just kill stuff more efficient." And the worst part is the actual PvP-Rewards (even if you are losing) Are not even charming enough for players like me to actually participate... Some artifacts, wowie, i can do so much with crap artifacts. Back then the maybe 4k - 10k steel were okay, but we had to elite tech... the todays mineral requirements are endless high and i'm still running around with 50/100 Elite tech and i still stand no chance in PvP while i can master PvE quite well. Also, back then we were able to upgrade multiple ships, today i'm only running around with one ship because a second one would require me to farm twice as much minerals as i have now, and this wouldn't get me far at all.

But the continuous telling about "endlessly playing players need to get rewarded for their time spend on this game" just makes me sick thinking that spending hours and hours each day is the only way for players like me catching up with the good ones, and even worse than these just get stronger too... I mean i don't want to be the strongest, not at all, i'm playing this game because i have fun at it... but seriously... without being rude at this point but the elite -players in this game already get everything blown in their ass while we (the weaker players or those who are simply not willed spending their lifetime in a flashgame) still suffer from this.

Is it so hard just to remove this reward system completely and adding a "Good for everyone" Reward at the end of each PvP round we can actually work with? And no, i'm not talking about 1k EXP, 3k Steel and 500 other resources each round, i'm actually talking about values of 10k+ EXP, 30k Steel and upwards, maybe some flux so we can actually progress. PvP as it is now... just a load of bullcrap because you are nothing less but the cannon food for the players.

#62274 by GrayBeard Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:15 pm
The only ones that play PVP are the ones that are at the very top and will win the 1st 2nd and 3rd while everyone else does not want to join because they know they will lose points, No one wants to see their points dropping and i am one of many..MANY people that had WAY more fun playing PVP games pre the monthly rewards and the point system were added, These are my reasons at least and cen or some one else can explain it better than me.

#62276 by DaGGerz Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:46 pm
Tef wrote:
TheCen wrote:Just wondering when you guys are going to remove the pvp awards? All the awards did was make a bunch of players quit the game because no one wants to pvp because the point system is so jacked up that being the best on your team doesn't mean anything if you lose.

Not sure we understand to be honest. Can you explain why rewards prevent you from playing PvP because you lose? How can it be worse now than before the rewards?

I'll try explaining it to the best that I can. I think this is what Cen is talking about.

So the current PvP troons system is as follows;

You win points only for being on the winning team, you lose points from being on the losing team regardless of your performance. For DM it's a better deal but you can still lose a considerable amount of points just for having an off match.

This makes players from both spectrums of the PvP community at a disadvantage. Once the "top" players reach 1300+ points, they stop actively playing PvP because they can start losing their troons and thus losing out on the flux reward. Vice versa for lower players, they have no chacne to play PvP because the most active PvP'ers don't play after they gain some troons.

The flux reward was added to create an incentive to play PvP yes? Because at this moment, all it does is create an incentive to get around 1300 points and to then quit playing until the month is up.

So the problems are;
  • Points aren't given out fairly, you can be going 20-0 but since you're on the losing team, you'll lose your troons.
  • Teams created based on troon levels is bad because troon level isn't an accurate measure of skill, which is vastly outdated. It should be based on artifact level.
  • Flux reward actively causes top players to stop playing and sit on their gains for 2-3 weeks.
I think instead of this flux reward given out monthly, it should instead be given out ingame. You complete a PvP match and you gain 5-10 flux forexample. Play 20 games in a month and you'll get around 100 flux just from PvP. Best players in that month also get a flux bonus linked to their performance (5k is too much).

#62284 by Jpsi Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:19 am
Tef wrote:

Even if I still try to pvp to stay in top 10 each month (for flux reward), I also really preferred dom before this ranking stuff. And I absolutely agree with Dag about the reward per match.

Here is a small summary, if you want to understand what is bothering us (from a period last year when I was quite demotivated by the game - actually only your ship contest put me back in) :

viewtopic.php?p=38567#p38567
viewtopic.php?p=38785#p38785

And the reply of Cen at that time:
viewtopic.php?p=38614#p38614

#62285 by BrianN Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:38 am
Back in June you had to get in the 1300s to get in the top ten, now its in the 1100s. So there is obviously are problems with it. Listen to the bulk of your customers devs...not just TPTB. Noone plays dom/dm because of what was in those links...raising the rewards will just raise the levels of abuse of it. Having competition is great, but the PVP top list isnt a competition of skill in the game, its a competition of how you can manipulate the system.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#62292 by TheCen Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:55 am
Tef wrote:Not sure we understand to be honest. Can you explain why rewards prevent you from playing PvP because you lose? How can it be worse now than before the rewards?

The others have expressed pretty much everything.

Before the rewards; PVP was strong with a ton of players. Barely did anyone have to ask for a match on global. Back then.. no one cared about their rank or any rewards (except per match rewards). All they cared about was having fun. Once the rewards were introduced it caused players to do some shady things in order to win (see above replies ^). This caused a lot of players to literally quit the game. Because the last part of the game that was fun for them.. was now ruined.

Then the domination capture points were changed causing even more issues. Matches in pvp should last longer than 5 kills. At least Deathmatch has a goal in mind for how many kills need to be reached before the match ends. With Domination; it's all about capturing points on a map. Has nothing to do with PVP. Most of the time if you join a match all you see are people going from each capture point and not even trying to kill other players. Especially, if they are outmatched.

Which brings up the matching for teams (daggerz hits this point pretty good). Far too many times I've seen players matched and it is so one sided it's down right broken. Which causes one team to do nothing but run, while other team can just sit in the capture points and win. Those matches literally last about 45 seconds to 1 minute total.

The rewards in my opinion ruined the fun people had. Now, it's all about how they can win; and they'll do whatever it takes to win. The rewards are far too high. Which, encourages players to feed each other and/or not play when they reach a certain point standings (as mentioned above).

Daggerz, idea about rewards per match might be a better system. Players could still earn a lot of flux throughout the month and it gives everyone an equal opportunity to win flux (unlike the current system). I guarantee you that PVP would definitely pick up if people knew they could earn flux for each match. That's a pretty good incentive to play.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#62295 by Nightsky Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:43 am
I currently have 3 problems with PvP at the moment... i think mine differ a bit from the others.

Reason 1 - I know i can't win
With the current possible strength and the requirements it is simply put "impossible" for me to catch up this strength. I could join PvP right now and maybe get 2 or 3 kills from people who are nearly down, but this is about it. I mean i'm not even complaining about my lack of strength, being weak gives you more opportunities and places where you can find challenges at, plus, i'm mostly helping newer players since 2014. But this is not really the point, my point is i join PvP -> I get maybe 3 or 4 kills or if i'm lucky enough and i come together with players who suck as well some more -> I lose the match -> I get nothing but some artifacts and deducted points. I have nothing against a PvP-ranking system, i never cared about ranking in any game. But it's just sad to see that my efforts in a single PvP-match (yes, even though i'm weak i'm actually trying to get some kills) just come into the favor of the winners. And at end, i get nothing but several artifacts which don't help me. But this gets me to the next point.

Reason 2 - The rewards are far to low for me to participate
Let me point out one thing straight away, in several games where i can join PvP-Matches i get some rewards, regardless of win or lose. Sure, the winner is supposed to get more, obviously. But in other games (just like in darkorbit, a game that is called a greedy-P2W Game) i get several useful rewards in the Battle arena which actually helps me a bit. But in astroflux i get something i already have and i don't need: Artifacts. I got Vindicator artifacts which are kind of useful. Other than that, i get nothing, some EXP and minerals which give me after 20 loses the opportunity to upgrade another weapon of mine to level 1.

PvP should reward me significantly. And yeah, even losing should reward me, just lower than winning. As DaGGerz and I pointed out, a significant per-match reward like flux, minerals and EXP would be great. Especially minerals would help me as i have the most useful ships already and EXP would level me up (and i think we all know how slow i leveled up during these years). And yeah, even 2 or 3 Flux would satisfy me and give the winner 10 flux or something... then i would actively play PvP and know "within 2 or 3 weeks i might have 8 million steel more and i can level up my stuff more". I don't even want values of 100.000 steel, but i would be satisfied if i get like 7.500 - 12.500 XP, 20.000 - 40.000 Steel, 5.000 - 10.000 other minerals and maybe 2 or 3 Flux just for "losing". Of course, lower level matches should give a bit less then but still help them to build their account up.

Reason 3 - PvP is unfair as-it-is
To win in PvP, you have to be the top meta, you have to use the strongest and most broken weapons ingame, you have to find the most unfair tactics and of course: You need to have the strongest artifacts. PvP is supposed to be fair and not just pure strength based. I actually want to play with weapons i feel like i can work best with and not just suffering from an endless pain of not achieving any kill during the match... And i don't want to farm all the day long for good artifacts and steel just because PvP is forcing me to. I want to stand a chance regardless of ship, weapons and artifacts... But this is more of a wish that will never come true. Especially ranked matches should be skill based and not just strength based.

#62296 by Jpsi Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:09 am
DaGGerz wrote:I think instead of this flux reward given out monthly, it should instead be given out ingame. You complete a PvP match and you gain 5-10 flux forexample. Play 20 games in a month and you'll get around 100 flux just from PvP. Best players in that month also get a flux bonus linked to their performance (5k is too much).

Just a small proposition about the per-match reward / per month reward.
- you gain per match: XP - ressources - flux - artifact
- at the end of each month, the top 10/20 get a troon reward for the next month, depending of their performance. This one could be significant but, as those are troons, it only gives an advantage for one month.
- a pvp title at any moment of the game: the players with the most troons get a title before their names, so that they could be recognized (and feared).
In practice, at the beginning of each month the pvp winners will own the first titles. But a good pve player can get first place during the month, if they plays a lot planet war.

The monthly reward should be symbolic, in order to avoid feeding the strongest. A title system could do the trick.

Other solution: give some pods to the winner. As pods are random stuff, it can be ok too. By the way, we should also give pods for the strongest clans, and strongest troons players.
Last edited by Jpsi on Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.