Official announcements for AstroFlux
#62205 by Nightsky Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:51 pm
BrianN said it... And it's 100% true.

#62221 by MissWiggle Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:49 pm
so.. when will changes star happening???. you got the new players spending money....

I've been hearing how broke pvp is now by the new players too btw..

how lvl 22's are one shotting people...

it breaks my heart to tell them that pvp is broke... to not bother doing it...

but its true...
#62227 by BrianN Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:50 pm
Back in June your rating had to be in the 1300s to get into the pvp top ten. Now you can be in the 1100s and be in the top ten.

Participation at the top is nothing compared to what it used to be...obviously the path TPTB have chosen has not worked out well.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#62268 by MissWiggle Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:57 pm
another Dev failure.

the chat system!! all these fancy swanky user names coming into the game... and hell i cant even pm them by using the 'envelope' button!!!!

Come on Dev's you were in such a hurry to release the game on steam.. perhaps hurry up and fix the substandard chat/friends system??
#62280 by TheScythe Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:12 pm
She's referring to the chat symbols and spaces in names, that mean you can't send a private message

TheDepraved
#62299 by MissWiggle Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:29 pm
here is but one example
http://prntscr.com/covi6f

How can I /w that user?? I can not type the = sign in the game...

I wish you dev's gave this more work before releasing it on steam..

and there ARE TONS of users with names similar to that..

You SHOULD of made all new players in steam type in a name instead of using data from their steam account..

But no.. you had to rush them in for the money... fix the problems later right??
#62301 by traf Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:39 pm
there's also people with names like "John Smith APPlefarm.com"

yeah . . . there are plenty of problems to go around.

Were you guys under a hard deadline from steam or what? waiting even a week to fix some stuff (resources, ships, weapons, etc.) would have been very welcome.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#62302 by Fnord Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:26 pm
The real annoyance is that the Steam release is a great hope for the future of this game, because there weren't that many players left. Now, new ppl come in, see and leave after a few days of frustration.

Some frustration comes from the high learning curve and the nature of the game itself (it's a niche product) but a lot comes from bugs and imbalances and the pvp "system"..

If the Steam release crahes and burns, you need not be a prophet to foresee the future of the game as well :(
#62312 by MissWiggle Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:38 pm
http://prntscr.com/cozoz3

http://prntscr.com/cozppg

So I really need to ask the devs one question.... did you spend ANY time beta testing the steam release? i mean....

I am tired already of making excuses to the new players of why the game doesn't work right..

Just seen a level 23 with supporter package flying around in that 12k flux ship.. .so don't tell me you all don't have the imitative or funds to focus effort of the game...
#62313 by Nightsky Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:41 pm
Are you literally going to screenshot every player you see with a more or less inappropriate name now? There are other problems like the reload button not working, a desktop icon is not created during installation, you get many disconnects right now and it takes you forever to connect to the server...

#62330 by BrianN Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:07 pm
I think that every one who comes on from steam should get one free reset with the understanding that any name that does not meet our (relatively high in terms of on the internet) standards. The ONE reason I stuck with this game at all was because of how relatively civil the community was. And the mods cant be around all the time to deal with this crud, so why not have a filter on screennames, if its gonna get chat filtered, why is it allowable for a name.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#62338 by MissWiggle Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:31 pm
to support that idea...
http://prntscr.com/cp34im

dont blame the player....... the devs used his steam id.. or whatever...

and there is nowhere near enough mods to enforce this massive influx of players...

and even now.. you can't even private message the offending user 5 times out of 6!!!!

such a downward spiral of one hot mess

little beta testing...

little updating...

lets give the devs a month or so.. they got the noobs cash now... let's see what they do with it..