Official announcements for AstroFlux
#62124 by BrianN Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:18 pm
Well, they did a bang-up job with the promo vid...with the multiple gamebanned players, the swearing, the trashing of Obama, the ridiculous stats for everything, the cheat button for upgrading, the killing kittens, the hacking/exploiting/selling of arts for flux talk, the denigration of a lot of the community...awesome stuff

{that was sarcasm}

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#62126 by Nightsky Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:40 pm
Devs, a lot of players are currently experiencing a lot of crashes in the steam version... did you screw something up? Because nearly everyone is complaining about that.

#62128 by TheCen Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:06 pm

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#62129 by Nightsky Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:11 pm
Yeah, kinda making my guide a multi-parted guide, well designed and trying to put much information in some medium-sized text... kinda like this:
But that's the point... i'm working on it... not releasing it... will take a lot of time though as i try to put as much information into it as possible, linking tutorial videos and other tips from the forums and creating pictures... though, pictures will take some time.

But don't get me wrong, i'm not saying "Your guide is bad". It's yours so yeah :)

#62137 by GrayBeard Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:38 am
I can testify for the crew issue, I did exactly what drac said and did not realize i should have not explored planets and i should have bought another crew member until i was into my first year of playing...To say the least i never corrected my mistakes and ever since then i have been in damage control thanks to the GREAT tutorial the game has to offer...

#62143 by Draconis Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:09 am
It was even worse for the older players, before this system was implemented. They just threw points around because there was no real information on it, and then the devs changed it without even offering a fix to them at the time. They've been playing catch up ever since then, and that was years ago.

/ / /
#62190 by AC-Archangel Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:43 am
Who hasnr done this on their accounts, im STILL training my crew and ive been actively playing for 2 fluxing years now...

You guys had a november release scheduled i believe? THERE WAS A CRAPTON TO FIX BEFORE YOU UNLEASHED THIS BROKEN PILE ON THOSE POOR NEWBIES!

When this game tanks i hope you mention by name all of us who told you to get it right FIRST in your apology to the community.
#62193 by BrianN Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:14 am

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#62196 by SpecialK Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:00 am
Lol, BrianN. You should just put that '{that was sarcasm}' in your sig and have done with it...

Congrats Devs on the Steam release, have to say I wasn't expecting this to happen for a while yet. I hope everything's going well from your end on this.

On the new guy's impressions of the game, I don't think the PVP balance is the issue. If you look at comments from new players, the number one gripe is trolling from high levels. Is this the face of our community we want to show to new players? Don't we want a larger, more diverse player base? Get out there, help a few people through the start of the game and point them to the forum. We may collect some gems that will be around for years to come.

On the crew / exploration issue: this really needs fixing. 2-3 months down the line a LOT of these new players are going to be pissed about this and we will see dropouts. It's easy, just cut high level training times...
#62202 by Aurell Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:21 pm
Grats for steam version dev! is it possible to play with kong account on steam ?
#62204 by BrianN Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:35 pm