Official announcements for AstroFlux
#61011 by Toomas Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:00 am
Hi

new version released with following updates
- artifact use restricted according to formula: 120% of player level + 10
- reload button on disconnect
- weekend sale is back
#61012 by TheShredder Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:16 am
This limit should be applied for artifact's potential level...not actual level.
As many players said...1 high level upgrade can ruin your ability to use that artifact.

TheSurgeon
#61014 by Jpsi Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:49 am
It should definitely be on potential, it makes no sense to limit the actual level :shock:

You should limit the potential of the art when you pick them up, to avoid having player not being able to play normally with their account in the new situtation (cause they only have useable arts config). Capping the potential level to 120% + 10 of all arts above this limit would allow a smoother transition phase. See:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10950&start=105#p60728

(also, it will avoid filling your inventory with arts you can't use yet)
Last edited by Jpsi on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

#61015 by AnthonyC118 Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:50 am
Worst. Update. Ever. No update should take away stuff that a player has already earned, or arbitrarily prevent them from getting new stuff because their "level" isn't high enough.
#61026 by MissWiggle Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:05 am
Wonderful update... no more alts staying low levels in order to win at pvp.... now players will have to actually take the time to play the game!
#61027 by TheCen Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:13 am

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#61032 by boogerrito Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:54 am
When we were discussing this artifact change in the other thread, I was under the impression that it would restrict artifact use based on the potential level, not the actual level.

This is kind of odd. +1 to Shredder's suggestion.

#61033 by GrayBeard Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:59 am
So i cannot use a 141% ene dmg art but i can use a 152% one...lmao this update doesn't make sense.

#61034 by TheCen Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:59 am

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#61039 by TheScythe Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:26 pm
Thing is, if based on potential level the actual level could be substantially higher at times. For example, one of my rof arts at 92% could be used by a level 96 due to potential level, and actual is over 140

Though it does raise issue of upgrading an artifact that you must level up in order to continue using it. That's an incent8ve aswell as a drawback, depending on viewpoint

TheDepraved
#61043 by I_Am_Jarvis Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:59 pm
Oh, was this update not intended to fix potential level but actual level? I need to do some checking then... I probably still don't have anything to worry about, but I just wanna make sure...

Many a day, I go through mental debates:
Is there any exception to the 3-Ates?
"Tolerate, Compensate, Mediate."
Alas there is none, they are so great.
Perhaps you can try, but only your best.
For every time, these shall pass the test.
-E. Jarvis