Official announcements for AstroFlux
#60177 by Toomas Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:03 am
We’ve created a first version of a desktop version and would love to get your feedback! To use it you need to have an account created on astroflux.net.

Please note that we will not be able to transfer accounts from Kongregate, ArmorGames or Facebook to the desktop version.

We’d like to get feedback and bug reports when loading the game, exiting and anything that might be related to running on desktop instead of web. So please keep this thread clean from general bug reports :)

Windows: http://r.playerio.com/r/rymdenrunt-k9qm ... roflux.exe

Mac: http://r.playerio.com/r/rymdenrunt-k9qm ... roflux.dmg

On Mac if you get a warning for opening a file from an unidentified developer and can't install the app don't worry. Instead right click on the install icon and choose open. Like this
install mac.png
install mac.png (44.46 KiB) Viewed 4429 times

Have fun!
#60179 by WishingStar Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:34 am
Can you add a key (like F11) letting us enter/exit full screen? It's quite annoying to always have to play in full screen.
#60181 by WishingStar Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:43 am
CreatureFromTheDeep wrote:It has a bug where it crashes upon warping. Please fix this. :)

I can confirm this; it crashes right when it should switch to the spinning A screen every time you try to warp. You do enter the target system, but you still have to relaunch the program every time you want to warp.
#60182 by Toomas Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:58 am
Crash when warping fixed.

To exit fullscreen just press the fullscreen button.
#60189 by MissWiggle Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:01 am
need to make it so we can zoom in and out of the screen... like we can in browsers....

helps with FT and in vorsran...
#60190 by AnthonyC118 Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:11 am
Why does this not allow you to transfer accounts? Its unfair to people who aren't using astroflux.net.
#60191 by TheKrazyKangaroo Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:12 am
This is actually quite good. I noticed that there was a lot less lag and the graphics were better. I also noticed some new background sound that i'd never heard on the browser version, spooky. But yeah, thumbs up. I'm also guessing this is in preparation for steam?

#60192 by Hyperion Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:24 am
I have noticed that when the player is not landed and doing something (or nothing at all), the fps is capped at 60. However, the second one lands, it becomes capped at 30.

I would also like to be a way to refresh the game since this isn't the browser version. This would resolve the issue of having to relaunch the game each time after disconnecting/afk'ing too long (as opposed to simply refreshing the page on the browser).
#60197 by TheCen Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:29 am
Using windows 8.1

1. An issue I have with the desktop version is the resolution. I'm forced to be zoomed in closer to my ship. When landed at any of the safezones the resolution is fuzzy. Is there any way to allow us to change the resolution? (see images below)

[Edit 2]
2. When I'm not in fullscreen.. when I press the S button to stop flying I get an error sound. Then when I try to do anything else it's like I've click out of the screen/game. I'm getting the error only when I'm not in fullscreen.

[Edit 3]
3. Seems that if I'm not in fullscreen I get rather large desyncs. Just flying in a straight line (see video)...
https://youtu.be/Heb6NNVVLbg

[Edit 1]
Some images for you to see the differences ~ it's subtle but the screen is actually blurry in the desktop version.
First image is in the desktop version:
http://i.imgur.com/Nux4L0i.png
Second image is using Chrome ~ see how much further zoomed out it is... via recycle station:
http://i.imgur.com/JTRbtoG.png
Last edited by TheCen on Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#60200 by traf Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:47 am
too bad i'm on kong . . . at least I still have a happy projector :)

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#60203 by GrayBeard Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:58 am
Well can't you just transfer my resources,ships,flux and artifacts to my alt account on .net ? And denito got his account transferred just as supreme got his flux transferred to a different account.

I am happy with armorgames because i use the projector and i do not require the desktop version, But i am sure many people would like the desktop version for armorgames because it takes a long time for update the swf and the auth token to be able to play from a flash projector.

#60206 by TheCen Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:20 pm
GrayBeard wrote:And denito got his account transferred....

Denito got permission from Armor Games. This wasn't a breach in their contract with Armor Games. I'd imagine they [Fula Fiskan] would need to renegotiate their contract with Armor Games to allow players to just leave that platform. That's not an easy solution.

WARNING:
DON'T TRUST ANY MODERATOR. THEY DELETE YOUR COMMENTS. MODERATORS IN GENERAL HAVE RUINED THE GAME PLAY OF MANY INDIVIDUALS. AND THEY JUST KEEP DOING IT. NO REGARDS FOR RESPECT.
#60207 by GrayBeard Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:38 pm
Sure how about transferring the resources and such from one account to the other ? That does not seem to be a breach of contract to me.