For AstroFlux related discussion
#76728 by kidbanjobaby Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:49 am
So, i was just of course scrolling through the astroflux wiki, then i found this.
Nexar Carrier XD.jpg
Nexar Carrier XD.jpg (28.89 KiB) Viewed 500 times
The nexar carrier... I got interested and took a look inside. I saw this.
Nexar Carrier XD1.jpg
Nexar Carrier XD1.jpg (207.12 KiB) Viewed 500 times
What i find fishy is that right with its stats, it says "Enemy type unknown" and at the bottom, it says nexar!!?? Please comment to add your thoughts. Mine is that it is fake. You think too?
#76729 by traf Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:18 pm
Very fake. It’s not in the sprite sheet

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#76730 by Malfunction Junction Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:51 pm
It's obviously fake.
If you looked at the sprite sheets you'll see a whole bunch of stuff, this wouldn't be one of those.
There are even recolors of enemies, maybe the devs at one point were thinking of adding a little more diversity, or testing.

My account name is God, contact me via the game if you need to for some reason.
#76737 by kidbanjobaby Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:25 am
traf wrote:Very fake. It’s not in the sprite sheet

Traf, I'm pretty sure you are a developer or moderator, so can't you do something about spamming in the wiki maybe?
#76746 by traf Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:48 am
I don't know how to alter the wiki at all, not exactly my department

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#76747 by WishingStar Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:38 pm
As far as I can tell, the only wiki admins are AgentBunni, DaGGerz, NightRage, Peldor, Spy-1, and the devs, of which only DaGGerz and the devs are even semi-active. IMO, all mods should be wiki admins, but they'd have to arrange that with the devs.
#76749 by Malfunction Junction Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:54 pm
WishingStar wrote:As far as I can tell, the only wiki admins are AgentBunni, DaGGerz, NightRage, Peldor, Spy-1, and the devs, of which only DaGGerz and the devs are even semi-active. IMO, all mods should be wiki admins, but they'd have to arrange that with the devs.

One thing though, is that not all mods know how to set up HTML and various things that webpages use, it's really pointless. Also, all of those admins are inactive.

My account name is God, contact me via the game if you need to for some reason.
#76754 by WishingStar Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:12 pm
Malfunction Junction wrote:
WishingStar wrote:As far as I can tell, the only wiki admins are AgentBunni, DaGGerz, NightRage, Peldor, Spy-1, and the devs, of which only DaGGerz and the devs are even semi-active. IMO, all mods should be wiki admins, but they'd have to arrange that with the devs.

One thing though, is that not all mods know how to set up HTML and various things that webpages use, it's really pointless. Also, all of those admins are inactive.

Wiki pages use wiki markup, the basics of which are, for the most part, fairly easy to learn and use. They can use HTML, but most simple pages (which is most of the AF wiki) won't contain much of it, especially if the most common complicated uses of it for a specific wiki are wrapped in templates (which they should be, and are on the AF wiki). Also, deleting pages, reverting edits, and blocking users just takes a few clicks; it doesn't require you to learn any of that.

Like I said, they're only semi-active (though admittedly, even that's a stretch); DaGGerz did log on a little under a month ago, and from what I've heard, the devs have generally been at least semi-responsive to e-mails from moderators regarding major issues or moderation (though I could definitely be wrong about that). They'd probably be willing to make the mods wiki admins if they asked.
#76768 by BrianN Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:50 am
traf wrote:I don't know how to alter the wiki at all, not exactly my department

Go ask prickles, he loved to do that.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#76769 by traf Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:51 am
Good idea, thanks Brian!

― William Howard Taft
#76773 by BrianN Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:10 am
traf wrote:Good idea, thanks Brian!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#76776 by kidbanjobaby Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:01 am
Well, one suggestion about why the person who put this on the wiki is either spamming or making fan-made items, and forgetting to put something like "This is a fan-made enemy".
#76781 by traf Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:04 pm
No, i was serious. That is a good idea to some extent.

― William Howard Taft