For AstroFlux related discussion
#75761 by Nightsky Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:13 pm
So, I want to lose some more words. Actually it starts to become more of a waste to actually use the forums here or generally words to perhaps change the game to a more healthy direction but hey, hope dies last... So why the hell not.

Lack of communication
Just yesterday we had this issue again. I see something being posted in the News & Announcements forum and I was honestly quite exited to see if maybe any good news have been posted just to be greeted with a small bug fix... Again! Well, it's great that bugs and glitches are being taken care of and I appreciate this, but this is still not what the majority of the community wants. Hell, look at the community's requests over the past months. We want some clear communication, some statements or at least a few updates every once in a while. it doesn't have to be a full life story of every separate developer, but some informations would be great. Back then people believed that Fulzar is never going to be released until the developers started to tease the new system. They gave background informations about an upcoming system. Sure, the release still took a while but at least we knew something is being worked on.

Now it just feels like that the developers are abandoning their game and just don't want to communicate at all. Is it really so hard to just give a little bit of feedback? Some small informations? How far is the next update? What happened that made the development slow down for this long? Stuff like this is quite an important information for a game like this one, but none of this is being posted. Of course people start to get frustrated. What do you expect? That we all patiently sit on our chairs, drink some tea and wait for some proper news to appear? This is not going to happen and I think you guys should know this as well as I do.

So please: Give us informations, news, statements... Anything really that would show that you still care about your game.

The forced optimism of people
I think we all are aware of those few experts here in this forum that are attempting to support this game in full extend. And all I'm asking of you: Stop forcing this so much. None of this is going to help. What would help is if you would start giving the developers the impression that we are starting to get serious here. Look at this game, what did it turn into? The forum alone is lacking activity scaring new people away. All thanks to one discord server having to be advertised to take the last social part of the game away. Good job.

And to be a bit more constructive, I appreciate your optimism. We need people like you in games. But please: Don't avoid the obvious problems. It's almost like you are trying to repel all the negative aspects of this game, not even attempting to support a potential future. Optimism like this doesn't support this game at all. It just breaks it down more. Why? Because as long as the developers have the impression of people holding their backs they won't crawl out of their safety spot. We want informations but we will never get them, just because people think, but not far enough. It's great that you encourage a community to go to a different spot. But this makes more sense in a community where people are constantly active in the forums or the game. Right now this is literally just the death sentence. Believe me, seen things like that before, and Astroflux won't be an exception here.

Honestly, no one needs to be surprised if people are constantly negative. Positive things are rarely offered and it becomes frustrating if you play this game for over 4 years and the only major updates one has seen are Fulzar and Vorsran. Not really an encouraging sight.

Listen to your community!
Often enough I get the feeling that players - more specifically moderators - start to avoid and ignore players who complain. And the impression comes from unanswered PM's, false accusations, lack of informations and more importantly the lack of skill of community moderation. Because let me be fully open here now: Something like a proper community moderation does not exist anymore, this has faded away a long time ago, let's not deny it. The community has brought up a lot of ideas, suggestions and feedbacks. Yes, a lot of those were probably mostly ranting, but ranting is just a more frustrated way of sharing an opinion. And even in a rant lies feedback. Yet all I can see coming from certain persons here are dry responses which aren't even thought through.

I'm serious when I'm saying that soon we can say "You didn't listen" - And for a reason. Because no one is really listening. Just speaking.

So, I'm done with my rant. And before any expert comes on the idea to delete this, I made a screenshot and a video already. No need to attempt to remove it.

#75762 by traf Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:02 am
Why would your post be removed? I for one agree with pretty close to all of it.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75763 by Sinner Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:34 am
Except the discord part. We've been lucky and only got the good parts of af there, so I say it's actually broadening it

Regards,
Chaos
#75765 by Nightsky Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:57 pm
I have never said that I dislike the discord server or anything. But advertising another social platform in a forum that isn't being used much is not all that beneficial. I mean look at the activity of the forum. Ever since the server was posted the activity has been going down. Even you (Sinner) have become silent, same counts for a couple other people.

#75776 by McPwny Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:42 pm
thats quite the rant, but you can tell the game is doomed right? flash is going down in 2020 tons of mmo devs are abandoning ship in regards to flash, even kongregate has a plan to delete all the flash games and host mobile games instead. i dont know if you realize this but the game must be pretty much kept up just so the people that have played can enjoy it till it implodes, or does whatever it is obsolete mmo's do. so you should be more greatfull that they do fix bugs if for no other reason but to prolong your gaming experience in the first place.

now the 1 relatively easy thing to do would be to change a few integers and rebalance the game a little bit to keep gameplay interesting for the people that decide to stick around, but the so called update thread is a disgraceful mess of nothingness, makes me wonder why the devs would feel motivated to do that?

[PURPLE!]
#75782 by Smeagol Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:06 am
I see so many stars out there (supporter package), the game aint dead the ferrarri fund is still going strong.

Devs your doing great to make a profit, keep it open and they will spend is still working!!!!

Smart people won't spend unless you invest also (with new content etc), which camp do you fit in people!!!

They haven't seen a cent from me for years now, and i want to spend but i don't reward inactivity with profit!!!

Smeagol...
#75785 by Nightsky Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:52 pm
I used to be a paying player. But I see no reason to sustain this any longer. I personally won't spend any money anymore. However I will sure continue playing this game if there is a new update.

But yeah, I am aware that Flash support is going to cease in 2020.

#75898 by The_Grudge Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:41 am
This game is almost what I live for I’ve spent way over the 500$ mark. I’ve played since I was 11 I’m 16 now seeing this game go down is really painful years of friends leaving to play other games cause it’s dead. It brings tears to my eyes remembering the great times we had together I remember luring judis for supreme when he was pricks or capitan. It was great then we have the funny yet irritating times such as being banned for 123456 minutes on global for telling kale off cause I stole his Vt when it came out.xD i do miss the old days thanks for the great times guys

And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view.

Ships for you under general discussion will be added daily ;)!!!!