For AstroFlux related discussion
#75673 by BrianN Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:15 am
Best we can hope for is some company buying Fula Fisken out and putting some work into this game.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75676 by 3ace Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:43 am
BrianN wrote:Best we can hope for is some company buying Fula Fisken out and putting some work into this game.

And that's if a buyer can track these guys down. Zero posts on social media since late 2016. No changes to their website since 2016. The placeholder on LinkedIn shows three employees and not much else. One app is five years out of date and the other is over one year since an update. Fula Fisken gives the appearance of being defunct.

It's the circle of life. This game is limping along- a tiny neglect like the kong security issue will kill it. We will all find something else to do.
#75680 by Bellatrix Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:59 pm
3ace wrote:
BrianN wrote:Best we can hope for is some company buying Fula Fisken out and putting some work into this game.

And that's if a buyer can track these guys down. Zero posts on social media since late 2016. No changes to their website since 2016. The placeholder on LinkedIn shows three employees and not much else. One app is five years out of date and the other is over one year since an update. Fula Fisken gives the appearance of being defunct.

It's the circle of life. This game is limping along- a tiny neglect like the kong security issue will kill it. We will all find something else to do.

I can call the owner tomorrow, 2016 was all time high for the company:
https://www.allabolag.se/5568120884/akt ... ula-fisken

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#75682 by 3ace Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:36 am
Bellatrix wrote:
3ace wrote:

I can call the owner tomorrow, 2016 was all time high for the company:
https://www.allabolag.se/5568120884/akt ... ula-fisken

There's a number listed on your link, so I guess I can call as well.
Never mind, it's been disconnected.
#75683 by Bellatrix Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:55 am
3ace wrote:There's a number listed on your link, so I guess I can call as well.
Never mind, it's been disconnected.

Did you use the correct country code? and removed the first 0?

So it is should be +46 7 and so on. It is registered to Magnus Lind and his private cell phone...

Apart from that the Swedish society is very open and digital so it is very easy to find phone numbers and other contact information if needed.

On the link I provided you can also see the net income for "Fula Fisken AB" for the last years. 2017 is not up yet, will be after the summer since it is a 6 months delay due to the accounting is done in July the year after.

#75687 by 3ace Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:22 pm
I'm kidding.

Bellatrix I sincerely appreciate your commitment to the game and Fula Fisken.

However, there doesn't seem to be any reciprocation from Magnus and his partners.

Actions (i.e., updates, flux problems, general upkeep) speak louder than words.
#75689 by Bellatrix Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:41 pm
3ace wrote:I'm kidding.

Bellatrix I sincerely appreciate your commitment to the game and Fula Fisken.

However, there doesn't seem to be any reciprocation from Magnus and his partners.

Actions (i.e., updates, flux problems, general upkeep) speak louder than words.

I agree with you 100%, when I joined the mod team I was hoping I would get in on the behind the scenes of this game, sadly there is not as much behind the scenes as I would have wished for.

I like this game and I want it to prosper, but for that to happen we need a more active and involved development team. As it is now the game will continue to lure in new players but has nothing to offer them after a period of time.

#75693 by BrianN Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:10 pm
I saw this on another game's guiding principles, and I think its very true and relevant to AF:

It’s not how smart your technology is. It’s not how beautiful your graphics look. It’s not how many new spells you added. Sure, all these things are super-important and will help you get new and retain existing players... but the players themselves are far-and-away the greatest asset of an MMO game.
Players also often know better than the design and dev team when something should be changed, and player suggestions should be listened to and acted upon if the idea is sound; don’t be precious about where a good idea came from! Players also set the entire tone for the game, and disruptive trolls (apart from the NPC kind!) should be sent on their way as fast a humanly possible. If you let them thrive they will end up driving your core playerbase away, and putting your potential new players off.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke