For AstroFlux related discussion
#75366 by Sinner Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:21 pm
In light of the recent negativity and blatant flaming that has flooded this forum, I've decided to post something a little more positive.

For those of you who don't know, Discord is a multiplatform chatting client, made specifically for gamers. Basically a better version of Skype. I've recently helped Traf and Myorum revamp the Astroflux server, including new clan roles, a bot system, and giveaways! (Miswalkinator just won 300 advanced data chips, if there was ever a reason to join :lol: )

Joining discord is very easy, just go to discord.com, and create a free account. Once registered, join the Astroflux server using this link.
https://discord.gg/r6RuxCA

(link removed by Greg for advertising)

I hope to see you all on discord, so we can grow these communities, and hopefully help to get to know each other outside of the toxicity of Astroflux!

Regards,
Chaos
#75370 by Nightsky Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:35 pm
That is like how many servers for our Astroflux Community now? I think it was 4? Well, nonetheless it will most likely end up like the other servers that were created. So I don't really see the point of opening yet another one except for the reason of being the Admin of something. Also, helping with Discord Setup? No offense but Discord is such an easy App to set up, all it really requires is reading through the stuff and things like Bots, Roles, Anti-Spam protections, Auto-Assignment of roles, other automated systems will explain themselves. No idea why you would include that as Information other than "Look, I did something" but alright.

Well, anyways, good luck with this server.

PS: You can't prevent toxicity without banning 75% of the joining players, just saying.

We have such a beautiful community.
#75372 by Sinner Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:49 pm
Nightsky wrote:That is like how many servers for our Astroflux Community now? I think it was 4? Well, nonetheless it will most likely end up like the other servers that were created. So I don't really see the point of opening yet another one except for the reason of being the Admin of something. Also, helping with Discord Setup? No offense but Discord is such an easy App to set up, all it really requires is reading through the stuff and things like Bots, Roles, Anti-Spam protections, Auto-Assignment of roles, other automated systems will explain themselves. No idea why you would include that as Information other than "Look, I did something" but alright.

PS: You can't prevent toxicity without banning 75% of the joining players, just saying.

First of all, this is the original AF server, created over a year ago, it just hasn't been growing at all lately, stuck at around 60 members. My hope is to get more active members on, with the improvements an incentive to join. So please keep your negativity to yourself.

PS:The server is free of the gameplay, allowing everyone to chat with whomever they want.

Regards,
Chaos
#75373 by Nightsky Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:48 pm
It is funny how you people always assume that I'm spreading negativity intentionally. Truth be told if you suffer from depression there isn't much left to do really but that's aside the point. The point is that I assumed that there was yet another discord server, my mistake but that's what makes me a human, right? Unless you consider people who do mistakes as inhuman.

Then again, how many more people would join? The Forum consists out off 10%-20% of the game's community, the rest is in game and doesn't bother to look at this forum. If the Discord link would be shared in game by the developers you might reach out to way more people. But I doubt that any of the devs actually will do that mainly because it's our devs. Many games create official Discord Servers which I consider a good thing, our Dev-Team is still stuck in their private area. That sounds wrong...

Anyways, good luck.

We have such a beautiful community.
#75432 by TheSupreme Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:57 pm
Nightsky wrote:It is funny how you people always assume that I'm spreading negativity intentionally. Truth be told if you suffer from depression there isn't much left to do really but that's aside the point. The point is that I assumed that there was yet another discord server, my mistake but that's what makes me a human, right? Unless you consider people who do mistakes as inhuman.

Then again, how many more people would join? The Forum consists out off 10%-20% of the game's community, the rest is in game and doesn't bother to look at this forum. If the Discord link would be shared in game by the developers you might reach out to way more people. But I doubt that any of the devs actually will do that mainly because it's our devs. Many games create official Discord Servers which I consider a good thing, our Dev-Team is still stuck in their private area. That sounds wrong...

Anyways, good luck.

You're just a boat load of negativity aren't you?

#75433 by TheSupreme Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:01 pm
Nightsky wrote:That is like how many servers for our Astroflux Community now? I think it was 4? Well, nonetheless it will most likely end up like the other servers that were created. So I don't really see the point of opening yet another one except for the reason of being the Admin of something. Also, helping with Discord Setup? No offense but Discord is such an easy App to set up, all it really requires is reading through the stuff and things like Bots, Roles, Anti-Spam protections, Auto-Assignment of roles, other automated systems will explain themselves. No idea why you would include that as Information other than "Look, I did something" but alright.

Jeez nightsky he's saying the server improved, not saying "look at me". please with all due respect stop with the nonsense. It's childish and pathetic.

#75450 by Samuelf Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:27 am
Ignore the downplay.
That's an awesome thing to be promoting something positive. In general I highly recommend Discord (I use it for multiple games), and the AF server isn't bad at all.

I've always found the chitter chatter on there to be far more relaxed than on forums or such.

"Failure is the embers to success"

Defiance, is what defines us. How we strike at the walls of suffering