For AstroFlux related discussion
#75344 by McPwny Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:13 pm
is this normal?

dom.jpg
rip points :'(
dom.jpg (159.74 KiB) Viewed 1552 times

[PURPLE!]
#75346 by Bellatrix Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:52 pm
Never seen before, how long did you play? Did you play at all?

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#75349 by McPwny Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:08 pm
no we went from the waiting room to... whatever this was. after that we all disconected several times untill we refreshed and got booted from that match.

[PURPLE!]
#75350 by PurpleVind Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 am
Another reason I don't like the PvP system. The bugs in it cause you to lose even when you can't play because of those bugs.
#75351 by McPwny Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:29 am
yes ive gotten disconected and such before and lost points, but the total of the points lost by everyone in this weird match is enough to make a person laugh.

[PURPLE!]
#75354 by Bellatrix Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:46 am
McPwny wrote:no we went from the waiting room to... whatever this was. after that we all disconected several times untill we refreshed and got booted from that match.

That is strange, I think that has happened once to me, but I am not sure...

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#75356 by bolbi Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:53 am
were there any matches going on in the 50-99 bracket? It kinda sounds like something that happens when a high level gets put into the wrong bracket match, the system throws a fit and keeps relogging you. Other than that no idea, if you manage to replicate it, or suspect a way to replicate it, we can put it down as a bug to be fixed.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#75361 by Jpsi Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:47 pm
I would suggest to ask the dev to remove the lost in points. This in all situation.

95% of the times, I lost point because of bugs in the game itself, which is kind of really stupid.

The other 5% (happened like 2-3 times ?), you have a totally unfair dom match, when you get pinned down in less than 2 minutes without the possibility to get any base (thanks to vindi port), and somehow get unlucky and don't score a kill. Any ballanced match you will never be in that situation. So in a way, it's still kind of a bug in the system: it's a limitation/fail of the match-making algorithm.

Last point: if losing points is to avoid people logging in with alt or being afk, well, both are still happening, and in those cases losing points don't solve the issue (an alt can have a score of -500, no problem with that, and whether being afk is wanted or not, you can still actively destroy a dom whenever you want and managing not to lose points - so the punishment don't solve anything).

So all in all, I don't see any good reason to make us lose points.

#75379 by ingridcarley Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:49 pm
I have never seen before this, how did you manage to play this.
#75526 by McPwny Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:07 pm
heres another bogus match. i should make a collection.
Attachments
why does this happen.jpg
why does this happen.jpg (85.53 KiB) Viewed 1241 times

[PURPLE!]
#75564 by traf Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:46 am
What on earth . . . That’s not right ._.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft