For AstroFlux related discussion
#74879 by Shieldity Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:50 pm
I totally agree, I basically took part in an argument opposing Sinner to mt10kardans and since I threw waves and waves of arguments he couldn't even try to counter, (About artifacts and such... etc.) I ended up being his "favorite player to kill".

I'm always here for help if you need to nightsky, those fights against them was fun for me though, for a short time till things escalated.

(-GuestNinja)

The player above this signature first played in september 2014 and joined the following clans : NINJAS, United Nations, NINJAS III, NINJAS, Defiance (Kicked unfairly), and is now in Blue Hawks Elite!

Ask for help in game if you need !
#74883 by BrianN Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:26 am
If people didn't have grudges and people to dislike then what would everyone do with their fancy built up internet space ships?

That is the mindset that is the problem...people who cant even fathom respected rivalries and trying to do YOUR best irregardless of ticking someone ELSE off. The only path to fulfillment isnt making others feel like crap.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#74885 by mt10kardans Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:34 am
Shieldity wrote:I totally agree, I basically took part in an argument opposing Sinner to mt10kardans and since I threw waves and waves of arguments he couldn't even try to counter, (About artifacts and such... etc.) I ended up being his "favorite player to kill".

I'm always here for help if you need to nightsky, those fights against them was fun for me though, for a short time till things escalated.

(-GuestNinja)

What arguments? You had no arguments you just wanted to make dispute. Started with some ridiculous things about my ship and continue with even more nonsense. And i have nothing to argue with 010101 protectors except to kill them for good. You dont even know what you are talking about boi. You say its my fault that they sniff my arts like i have something to hide. From your logic its my fault that they sniff my arts. Do you know how stupid it even sounds?
#74887 by traf Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:56 am
Clearly there’s a conversation i’m missing . . .

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#74890 by Jpsi Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:00 pm
About the OP:

Doing Pvp and fighting is very different than what some (fortunatly very few players) are doing. I think for instance that the current attitude of Sinner is very toxic for the community.

For once I'll give some very concrete example:
- Making a kill from safe-zone after a 10 minute fight where he was contantly dying (so after dying like 8-10 times), and still taking cargo after coming from death (he also died during the sz kill) - even if cargo means nothing at high level, the fact that he uses cargo protect make the other player in the incapacity to get it back (remind me of astrolance -in the past- or alternate who were running to recycle station after scoring a kill)
- After 4-5 death during fight, making a kill, taking cargo and taunting for some time (and even after some new death) about how all mighty he is
- After a 3 v 2 in dom, taunting ('spammer noob'/'looser') on global (even if he actually still die more than kills during the dom) about his victory (he was in team from 3 of course)
- This other example from Astrolance act, in the past: Killing a boss in pvp from daily to avoid the other to complete their dailies.

I see since a couple of weeks some good friends getting completely frustrated (one smashed his keyboard at some point, :roll: ) by Sinner, mainly because of how he constantly taunts and almost insult his adversary.

This is actually very different from what most old Depraved were doing: attacking people in silence, but being very good in the game and with their ship, and, in most cases, still respectful for people that were doing other stuff.

Is this what we want to play the game ? I personnally think that this attitude is just lame, and it just don't encourage me to connect and play, I have better things to do than getting taunted when trying to have fun. I also realise that this post will make him probably what to taunt me even more, but well, I actually don't care that much and at least it will occupy him and some friends can be spared.

Last anecdotal point: I also believe that people like Sinner did/could shamelessly copied a setup, including looking at the art config of someone if he is able too: maybe it's a coincidence, but Sinner for instance is now-a-day using the config that was killing him in point one. I am for some reason convinced he won't see a problem in accessing other players art config to gain a small advantage in a fight.

Jpsi, feeding the troll for once, but hey, I see too many people that I like having issues with this.
Last edited by Jpsi on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

#74891 by TheStarved Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:17 pm
Jpsi wrote:About the OP:

This is actually very different from what most old Derpraved were doing: attacking people in silence, but being very good in the game and with their ship, and, in most cases, still respectfull for people that where doing other stuff.


What you describe was something we spoke at length about even after we stopped being silent. We considered the Depraved to be a collection of murderous gentlemen. I still am one to feel that talking smack is for the weak. The truly strong can let their ships do the talking. If you need to talk smack it's because you are lacking and in some ways pathetic.

I realize that this is often no longer the case with my clan. Since however I am a part time playing, 'has been', who spends most of their AF time with Mod stuff I don't have the same level of influence I once did. The clan, like all clans, is a reflection of it's current members. I am glad you could see the distinction we tried to make in the past.

The Starved
#74893 by Nightsky Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:06 pm
You guys seem to have missed some of the sentences that I wrote.

First of all I said "Some people simple exaggerate it." - PvP and fighting is cool... sometimes. I guess it depends when and how. Senseless killing is just a fun killer for me especially if it comes from definitely stronger people. And yes, I can differ between PvP and senseless killing. If I'm joining in with my level 90 alt or even my level 55 alt and people start to attack me like crazy... I mean one can slightly overdo it, right? If I want to 1 vs 1 with someone and people interrupt for the sake of scoring some kills. Not really the golden side either.

I personally wouldn't mind if people occasionally attack you to get some thrill out of it. But erm... I don't get a thrill from attacking a definitely weaker person. And to be honest I will never do so either. Thankfully I finally personalized my build and combine DoT, Long range, short range and debuffs in one simple build. Which gives me a significantly higher change in PvP with higher levels, self tested. But I don't want to talk about what my build is but about the principle.

Well, then there are people who just seek out for small targets to feel like a superior being. THOSE however I despise. And there needs to be something done about them, even if it is a penalty for killing someone who is like 80 levels below you.

Image
We have such a beautiful community.
#74894 by Jpsi Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:07 pm
Nightsky wrote:Well, then there are people who just seek out for small targets to feel like a superior being. THOSE however I despise. And there needs to be something done about them, even if it is a penalty for killing someone who is like 80 levels below you.


Well, yes, being farmed is not cool. But there is worse: taunting the poor guy, and/or lying about your actions to the rest of the community in order to hurt him. It's called bullying. Those I really despice most. The first can be avoided in pve instance, the second can cause continuous damage.

I am fortunate enough not to have too many problem with that kind of bullies, because of my experience in pvp (and I know when to flee), but even then it is happenning now and then, when I get caught of guard and/or make a mistake.

At least, if you really happen to be better than someone, have the dignity to stop bragging about it.
Not doing so is damaging the game, and will - make - people - leave.
Last edited by Jpsi on Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#74896 by mt10kardans Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:27 pm
Jpsi wrote:About the OP:

Doing Pvp and fighting is very different than what some (fortunatly very few players) are doing. I think for instance that Sinner is very toxic for the community.

For once I'll give some very concrete example:
- Making a kill from safe-zone after a 10 minute fight where he was contantly dying (so after dying like 8-10 times), and still taking cargo after coming from death (he also died during the sz kill) - even if cargo means nothing at high level, the fact that he uses cargo protect make the other player in the incapacity to get it back (remind me of astrolance -in the past- or alternate who were running to recycle station after scoring a kill)
- After 4-5 death during fight, making a kill, taking cargo and taunting for some time (and even after some new death) about how all mighty he is
- After a 3 v 2 in dom, taunting ('spammer noob'/'looser') on global (even if he actually still die more than kills during the dom) about his victory (he was in team from 3 of course)
- This other example from Astrolance act, in the past: Killing a boss in pvp from daily to avoid the other to complete their dailies.

I see since a couple of weeks some good friends getting completely frustrated (one smashed his keyboard at some point, :roll: ) by Sinner, mainly because of how he constantly taunts and almost insult his adversary.

This is actually very different from what most old Derpraved were doing: attacking people in silence, but being very good in the game and with their ship, and, in most cases, still respectfull for people that where doing other stuff.

Is this what we want to play the game ? I personnally think that this attitude is just lame, and it just don't encourage me to connect and play, I have better things to do than getting taunted when trying to have fun. I also realise that this post will make him probably what to taunt me even more, but well, I actually don't care that much and at least it will occupy him and some friends can be spared.

Last anecdotal point: I also believe that people like Sinner did/could shamelessly copied a setup, including looking at the art config of someone if he is able too: maybe it's a coincidence, but Sinner for instance is now-a-day using the config that was killing him in point one. I am for some reason convinced he won't see a problem in accessing other players art config to gain a small advantage in a fight.

Jpsi, feeding the troll for once, but hey, I see too many people that I like having issues with this.

Sinner is edited nothig less nothing more. Only option for him in game is death.

Edited by Bella, stay away from personal attacks.
#74898 by mt10kardans Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:33 pm
TheStarved wrote:
Jpsi wrote:About the OP:

This is actually very different from what most old Derpraved were doing: attacking people in silence, but being very good in the game and with their ship, and, in most cases, still respectfull for people that where doing other stuff.


What you describe was something we spoke at length about even after we stopped being silent. We considered the Depraved to be a collection of murderous gentlemen. I still am one to feel that talking smack is for the weak. The truly strong can let their ships do the talking. If you need to talk smack it's because you are lacking and in some ways pathetic.

I realize that this is often no longer the case with my clan. Since however I am a part time playing, 'has been', who spends most of their AF time with Mod stuff I don't have the same level of influence I once did. The clan, like all clans, is a reflection of it's current members. I am glad you could see the distinction we tried to make in the past.

The Starved

Mourderous gentlemen? :D Most funny sentence i ever heard from depraved. You shoud see panic attacks when some of your top players suddenly lose.
#74901 by Nightsky Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:06 pm
Let me put together what we have so far:

  • If someone doesn't like PvP, They should GTFO and just go into an empty PvE Instance.
  • If someone WANTS to have PvP, he has to live with the fact that in certain systems are some extremely powerful players he can't compete with.
  • Being a bandit is cool. Let's also make loot stealing more popular.
  • Generally do everything you can to frustrate other players for your own satisfaction.

Alright, got it!

But to talk seriously now, this game is currently sliding on thin ice. We have already lost a good amount of players and new players usually don't stay for too long. So basically all we have left to do is protect what we have. You know, talking about consideration again. I honestly wonder who did more... Me helping players in the past and still doing it occasionally or you killing players and make 'em quit or play less. I mean in the end I can't really decide over what you should do, neither I want to, I'm not your mom.

However, if you want to play the pirate in the game and amplify the progress, you sure are going to achieve something with that attitude. Because one like me sadly can't win an argument with a mod. Because top 1 rule is: The mod is always right. (Yes, this was sarcasm by the way)

Also, this was directed to TheStarved.

Image
We have such a beautiful community.
#74903 by declan_winter Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:19 pm
The game has come a long way in terms of K.O.S. A couple years ago it was nearly impossible to function under some circumstances as a low level. However, I agree with the overall sentiment- there was one player who won't be named that started attempting to K.O.S. my clan mate (that didn't continue). Said player stated, and I quote: "I just like making him my b*tch." This is unacceptable in both terms of game play and chat behavior, and is a fine demonstration of the issue.

Show respect even to people who don't deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but a reflection of yours :)
#74910 by TheStarved Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:47 pm
Nightsky wrote: You know, talking about consideration again. I honestly wonder who did more... Me helping players in the past and still doing it occasionally or you killing players and make 'em quit or play less. I mean in the end I can't really decide over what you should do, neither I want to, I'm not your mom.


Like most of us I interpret experience through my past experiences. My first time playing a big multi player game was a text base MUD. In that game there was a clan of killers who would take out anyone they could and overall terrorize the server. This was over 20 years ago and my experience railing against the dreaded Lanfear and his clan on this text based MUD are still some of my favorite memories in gaming. Almost all the memorable gaming experience for me has been overcoming the perceived, 'bad people', in a game. After I got developed in AF I decided to return the favor :)

While I am not strong enough any longer to be a proper adversary to all I know that in my time as such I did inspire many players to become strong themselves to stop me and my terrible Depraved. I know this because many people have told me so.

Did I encourage more people than you? Probably not but I think it takes a village.

Plus I would think you could win an argument with a Mod. I'm sure lots of people would at very least claim to have beaten me in argument (wrong as they may indeed be).

The Starved
#74912 by Sinner Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:03 am
Lol, one thing real quick for Jpsi. I'm using kinetic because recently I farmed blobs for a bit and got a good kinetic art. Seeing this art, I decided to try a kinetic build, as I have had Golden Heart for a while but it being useless. I found i really liked it, and stuck with it.

And I am more than capable of setting up my own arts, I don't need to look at other people's sets. Any edited can make a kinetic set as you've well proved :lol: :lol:

Oh, and the only reason I taunted you was because you kept ducking into the sz after spending 5 min spamming rams at me and still not killing me, and then spike stripping me when I go to enter the sz. But hey, I'm a Sinner, looks like you can just add that to my list of sins :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Bella, stay away from personal attacks.
#74917 by Shieldity Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:42 am
What arguments? You had no arguments you just wanted to make dispute. Started with some ridiculous things about my ship and continue with even more nonsense. And i have nothing to argue with 010101 protectors except to kill them for good. You dont even know what you are talking about boi. You say its my fault that they sniff my arts like i have something to hide. From your logic its my fault that they sniff my arts. Do you know how stupid it even sounds?


Of course you say that kind of useless talk when you don't actually care about what I say, that's what you told me in-game, didn't you? :D

You accuse Sinner of sniffing tour arts, without a real evidence of it..

You are so agressive when I talk about that with you, does that mean you have *something* to hide?

I literally became his "best player to kill" only saying these two sentences in-game, yet he hasn't answered me for unknown reasons!

The player above this signature first played in september 2014 and joined the following clans : NINJAS, United Nations, NINJAS III, NINJAS, Defiance (Kicked unfairly), and is now in Blue Hawks Elite!

Ask for help in game if you need !

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

About

Welcome to the AstroFlux forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from experienced players. Please Join the discussions in the Astroflux forums. The game developers are active here and are happy to hear what you think!

AstroFlux is a MMO space shooter with numerous weapons, upgrades and abilities. Explore the galaxy and collect space junk to gain resources for new technologies.