For AstroFlux related discussion
#75276 by BrianN Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
I should have typed "children"...the insinuation was to denigrate the behavior as CHILDISH, not FEMALE. While we should be more tolerant of different groups, we also need to not jump to the worst possible conclusion right away. A PM would have resulted in a PM apology and quiet edit by me.
Bella: Followup...again, I was referring to immaturity and not gender...a reasonable interpretation by you+bianca but not the intended case.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75279 by Sinner Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:24 pm
mt10kardans wrote:If anyone dont like something about forums then you have awailable ability not to read it. Otherwise leave it rest and move on. Insults is not the way to solve your own desires.


You say this, and I almost believe you.....and then I go look at your posts. Take your own advice bud.

For the mods, I'm wondering how this thread isn't locked yet? Every other post is having to have it edited for language, insults, or some other violation of the rules.

Regards,
Chaos
#75285 by traf Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:25 pm
How about both of you take both of your’s advice? That might help :P

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75297 by mt10kardans Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:28 pm
Sinner wrote:
mt10kardans wrote:If anyone dont like something about forums then you have awailable ability not to read it. Otherwise leave it rest and move on. Insults is not the way to solve your own desires.


You say this, and I almost believe you.....and then I go look at your posts. Take your own advice bud.

For the mods, I'm wondering how this thread isn't locked yet? Every other post is having to have it edited for language, insults, or some other violation of the rules.

What violation?! Do you have any proof of that? I think it would be much better if you let it go. Leave it a rest and move on.
#75299 by mt10kardans Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:08 pm
Bianca wrote:It would be sad if this thread that started so seriously has to be locked because of you both killing it through permanent trolling.

What else can do if there are only few mods and players who are not in derps pocket and actualy do something about their abuse in game. Idont know how much more evidence need to prove allready obvious picture...
#75301 by traf Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:10 pm
mt10kardans wrote:
Bianca wrote:It would be sad if this thread that started so seriously has to be locked because of you both killing it through permanent trolling.

What else can do if there are only few mods and players who are not in derps pocket and actualy do something about their abuse in game. Idont know how much more evidence need to prove allready obvious picture...


Since it’s so obvious, care to give a few examples? :)

Side note: please allow me to laugh hysterically at what basically amounts to this:

“you stop”
“No, you stop”
“No, *you* stop”
“No, YOU stop”
“No, YOU *stop*”

Who’s going to be the adult in the room and stop responding?

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75309 by hugojmaia Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:35 am
Thread has already derailed so much off track, but here's something that can solve the problem described on the original post. Which also may solve the current kerfufle that we saw derail the whole thread.
If you're hunted/hated by someone so much that it looks like they never lose a single opportunity you have 2 options:

1: Change name, ship and fighting style, stick to clan instance and turn off global chat, let it all rest for at least a month. This is basically taking advantage of the fact that the game doesn't have any record of who changed name to what.
2: Start a new game, fresh with a blank slate, make sure the new name has nothing to do with the previous account and then churn through the game once more.

And with any of those, in case you also want to continue being active in the forums I suggest making a new account, as asking for a name change will leave a record of who you were on this thread.

It's probably way more than anyone who fought in this thread might be willing to do, but it is the only thing I can think of that will settle some of this bitter hate for sure.
#75313 by Sinner Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:24 pm
traf wrote:
mt10kardans wrote:
Bianca wrote:It would be sad if this thread that started so seriously has to be locked because of you both killing it through permanent trolling.

What else can do if there are only few mods and players who are not in derps pocket and actualy do something about their abuse in game. Idont know how much more evidence need to prove allready obvious picture...


Since it’s so obvious, care to give a few examples? :)

Side note: please allow me to laugh hysterically at what basically amounts to this:

“you stop”
“No, you stop”
“No, *you* stop”
“No, YOU stop”
“No, YOU *stop*”

Who’s going to be the adult in the room and stop responding?


:lol:

Regards,
Chaos
#75567 by CreatureFromTheDeep Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:33 pm
Nightsky wrote:I'm sorry but this is something I really need to vent about now. And it may not directly apply to me, but various other players and clans that are affected. And this could potentially mean the doom for Astroflux in the future. I am talking about War, Toxicity and Kos'ing in the game. So, why exactly do I feel like this is a bad thing?

Now War can happen in every game, and in many games it's a fixed part. And it's nothing bad, war is something that is just part of games. In Astroflux it can escalate though as I have witnessed quite a few times now. And this also counts for Kos'ing people. Things like these just tend to become too extreme in Astroflux to a point where people take a quit and just leave the game. And this is negatively impacting the game, especially the user count. We all are complaining about a low player count and how several systems are just empty most of the time. And I mean it's true, the amount of players that play this game daily is very low. But stuff like that is not really helping the game, it actually does the exact opposite and it makes it worse and bring the game faster to the point of where the servers are better left shut down.

Today I could experience a good example. Actually two at the same time. While playing this game and doing my dailies I decided to fight a player in a PvP instance. Even though he was higher level he decided to die and left. Soon a higher level came and hunted me down. Through so many systems he followed me and tried to make it impossible to complete my dailies, in PvP systems he killed me continuously. So I switched to my main and killed him instead which resulted that he called for backup. Well... This just proves the toxicity in this game. Even a kill can put you on a Kos list and literally mean that in the future you can't play this game properly anymore. The continuation of this story is that another player helped me. We both were more or less victorious. Another player joined the fight while we said that he shouldn't interrupt. The result of that single sentence was a lifetime KoS... Now, let me ask this question: Seriously? This just proves that Kos'ing is being abused in this game and well - right now it tends to make people quit which is contra productive to what we have to achieve now.

And this is what I really want to point out now. People, you should be more considerate of others. Keep in mind that on the other side sits another human who also just wants to have fun. So don't ruin their enjoyment for the game, unless you want this game to be empty in the not-so-distant future. Because due to all of this war, this toxicity and of course the Kos'ing as a result of toxicity. If you have a problem with someone, solve it with words. If it doesn't work out, geez, be enemies for a day or two. But don't make this person's life a hell by just constantly killing him whenever you see them. Because this is what makes players quit this game or makes them play it less.

We also have certain players who are flying around in the low level PvP systems and kill everyone who is unfortunate enough to be in that system in that very moment and potentially is getting camped for actually no reason. Yes, this is a PvP instance, but it is a game nonetheless, so it should be enjoyable for everyone, not frustrating. And the developers should start to support this thought if they want to keep their game alive for longer, otherwise this game is soon going to be a desert with only a very few end-game players playing. And I don't think anyone wants that to happen, right?

As I said, I currently don't have any experiences with being hunted really except for that one exception now. But I can imagine how frustrating it must be for some players to be constantly hunted for minor reasons. Even loot stealing is something minor as someone can easily kill another enemy. So there is no need to make a big deal out of it. A war can be good, heck, if you want to clash your heads together, do it... If you want to have revenge, go ahead. But don't exaggerate. I personally want this game to be a place everyone can enjoy, not just a few players.

Thanks for reading.

Regards ~ Nightsky aka Pericles_Corde




Ok, so after reading this, I couldn't help but reply.

Firstly, a PvP system is a PvP system, players can kill whoever they want with no restriction. Restricting PvP is a bad idea as it is literally one of the main things that keeps astroflux alive. If you don't want to be killed goto PvE. It's as simple as that. PvE can get boring after you become super strong (killing regius in .5 sec, killing exe in 20 sec, etc.) and you will want to eventually start fighting other players, you would quit if PvP did not exist once you are that strong. (The game ends in 2020, don't ride a sinking ship to the bottom.)

Toxicity is definitely a problem, many high levels are very toxic and don't even realize it. (I used to be.)
Every MMO ever, will and have had very toxic players, there isn't really a way around this.

KoSing is not even a problem anymore, you have clan instances (which should be removed because they ruined KoSing) which are clan exclusive, no one can disturb you there!

If you have any problems with what is said above, feel free to reply! (I will probably not see your message! :D)

Those who think only about life and death, they are dead, for they have no dreams. ~Auther unknown
#75568 by Nightsky Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:12 pm
Just because something is enjoyable for you it doesn't have to mean it's equally enjoyable for others. And if you keep killing the same person - even preventing them from going into another system, do you think it's enjoyable for this person to constantly see their ship go boom? Before you type up any stereotypical answer, think about it, think about other people doing the same to you. Who said I don't want to PvP? Perhaps I do want to PvP but I simply cannot enjoy it because I know I won't stand a chance. Perhaps the person who just got put on a KoS list wants to PvP but can't do that because this person is being hunted down and being left with no enjoyment. As I said in my start post: On the other side just sits another human who wants to enjoy the game just like you, just like everyone else, perhaps with a difference of preferences. But a human nonetheless.

Sure, we could all just go into the clan instance if we are bothered by what's going on. But then you sit there alone in an MMO game. You can barely call this game an MMO if you constantly hide in your clan instance. And as mentioned earlier in this thread, trolling even goes over to the normal sectors. Stuff like killing enemies before you are able to. And this is what makes the game frustrating for other players.

No one ever said that PvP should be changed, at least I can't remember saying this. All I'm saying and asking of this community is to be more considerate towards others. Being nice to each other and to reduce the hatred and war in this game. No one ever lost a word about changing any PvP-Mechanic. I really don't know where you got this information from.

Image
#75569 by CreatureFromTheDeep Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:03 pm
You don't get it at all. "Goto PvE if you don't want to die." People are just so stubborn these days.
You can't just waltz into astroflux and tell everyone to chill, it won't happen. This forum thread was a waste of your time to make, simply because the devs won't *ever* do anything about their sinking ship game.

Those who think only about life and death, they are dead, for they have no dreams. ~Auther unknown
#75570 by Nightsky Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:49 pm
I mean if this game is a sinking ship - or in other words it's dying out - Why do you still play it or waste your time answering stupid threads like these in the forums? :lol:

Also, I give you a very nice recommendation: Learn reading, perhaps visit a school to improve your reading capabilities. Because comments like "Go to PvE if you don't want to die" wouldn't be necessary if you had the ability to read posts from other players properly. Perhaps it won't be useful for this thread anymore or generally this game, but you could use acquired skills in future games. :) And no, don't say you did read, because you didn't. Most of your arguments already contradict with my previous post. Saying "Don't go to PvP if you don't like to die" isn't really necessary if the previous post said something completely different. Or perhaps you did read and you just kinda want to screw around a little without any kind of useful input. Then again, I understand you. This game is dying out and the Forums are the true endgame. :mrgreen: And I mean losing a comment here and there sure is a nice piece of time to spend.

And on a serious note now: I do enjoy PvP. Here, I shortened this for you. Perhaps short sentences arrive faster in your neural system. And I mean I can't go shorter than that.

Anyways, I'm done arguing with you. :)

Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

About

Welcome to the AstroFlux forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from experienced players. Please Join the discussions in the Astroflux forums. The game developers are active here and are happy to hear what you think!

AstroFlux is a MMO space shooter with numerous weapons, upgrades and abilities. Explore the galaxy and collect space junk to gain resources for new technologies.