For AstroFlux related discussion
#75261 by traf Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:10 am
Since we have:
BrianN wrote:(And yeah...save your "but you dont HAVE to" baloney arguments)

I now present to you:
mt10kardans wrote:If anyone dont like something about forums then you have awailable ability not to read it. Otherwise leave it rest and move on. Insults is not the way to solve your own desires.

Yay! I’m helpful! :)

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75271 by BrianN Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:46 am
I honestly don't remember what I said, but I do know that I wouldn't denigrate women or females in some way. Im awaiting word as to what I said to comment further.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75273 by Bianca Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:55 am
BrianN wrote:I honestly don't remember what I said, but I do know that I wouldn't denigrate women or females in some way. Im awaiting word as to what I said to comment further.

maybe I should have pmed you first ...

anyway you said something like "where they can act like girls and can slap ..."
In the context of being angry about two silly male (though we dont know right)it is unkind to women.

Might be a bit nitpicking but I think in public we have to watch our words carefully.

On the other side, to me, editing the word "girls" would have been enough.

Time runs its own way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trhh6BJuBqI

With a wasp at your side you never fight alone
#75275 by Bellatrix Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:17 am
In general it is the same as saying you throw as a girl, in a context where the "throw" was "bad". The person writing that way applys a negative definition of girl/women/female.

So when writing "stop arguing like two small girls" you imply it is wrong because they argue like two girls and not because the argue in the way they do.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#75276 by BrianN Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:21 am
I should have typed "children"...the insinuation was to denigrate the behavior as CHILDISH, not FEMALE. While we should be more tolerant of different groups, we also need to not jump to the worst possible conclusion right away. A PM would have resulted in a PM apology and quiet edit by me.
Bella: Followup...again, I was referring to immaturity and not gender...a reasonable interpretation by you+bianca but not the intended case.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75279 by Sinner Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:24 pm
mt10kardans wrote:If anyone dont like something about forums then you have awailable ability not to read it. Otherwise leave it rest and move on. Insults is not the way to solve your own desires.

You say this, and I almost believe you.....and then I go look at your posts. Take your own advice bud.

For the mods, I'm wondering how this thread isn't locked yet? Every other post is having to have it edited for language, insults, or some other violation of the rules.

Regards,
Chaos
#75285 by traf Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:25 pm
How about both of you take both of your’s advice? That might help :P

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75297 by mt10kardans Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:28 pm
Sinner wrote:

You say this, and I almost believe you.....and then I go look at your posts. Take your own advice bud.

For the mods, I'm wondering how this thread isn't locked yet? Every other post is having to have it edited for language, insults, or some other violation of the rules.

What violation?! Do you have any proof of that? I think it would be much better if you let it go. Leave it a rest and move on.
#75299 by mt10kardans Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:08 pm
Bianca wrote:It would be sad if this thread that started so seriously has to be locked because of you both killing it through permanent trolling.

What else can do if there are only few mods and players who are not in derps pocket and actualy do something about their abuse in game. Idont know how much more evidence need to prove allready obvious picture...
#75301 by traf Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:10 pm
mt10kardans wrote:
Bianca wrote:It would be sad if this thread that started so seriously has to be locked because of you both killing it through permanent trolling.

What else can do if there are only few mods and players who are not in derps pocket and actualy do something about their abuse in game. Idont know how much more evidence need to prove allready obvious picture...

Since it’s so obvious, care to give a few examples? :)

Side note: please allow me to laugh hysterically at what basically amounts to this:

“you stop”
“No, you stop”
“No, *you* stop”
“No, YOU stop”
“No, YOU *stop*”

Who’s going to be the adult in the room and stop responding?

― William Howard Taft
#75309 by hugojmaia Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:35 am
Thread has already derailed so much off track, but here's something that can solve the problem described on the original post. Which also may solve the current kerfufle that we saw derail the whole thread.
If you're hunted/hated by someone so much that it looks like they never lose a single opportunity you have 2 options:

1: Change name, ship and fighting style, stick to clan instance and turn off global chat, let it all rest for at least a month. This is basically taking advantage of the fact that the game doesn't have any record of who changed name to what.
2: Start a new game, fresh with a blank slate, make sure the new name has nothing to do with the previous account and then churn through the game once more.

And with any of those, in case you also want to continue being active in the forums I suggest making a new account, as asking for a name change will leave a record of who you were on this thread.

It's probably way more than anyone who fought in this thread might be willing to do, but it is the only thing I can think of that will settle some of this bitter hate for sure.
#75313 by Sinner Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:24 pm
traf wrote:
mt10kardans wrote:

Since it’s so obvious, care to give a few examples? :)

Side note: please allow me to laugh hysterically at what basically amounts to this:

“you stop”
“No, you stop”
“No, *you* stop”
“No, YOU stop”
“No, YOU *stop*”

Who’s going to be the adult in the room and stop responding?

:lol:

Regards,
Chaos