For AstroFlux related discussion
#74920 by Bellatrix Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:46 am
Ok people, lets avoid personal attacks in this thread.

I see the only problem with current community is a few players who do not just kill, they taunt and they continue to kill repeatedly. In my eyes those players have no new content to play or nothing else and they decide to meaningless kill people until they found someone who will complain then they can taunt them even more, similar to what JPSI explained. Those players today are a few.

Then we have what we call "wars" in this game, totally pointless, you cant win, you cant lose, but you cant write several hundreds of thread in the forum about it...

I also want to add that PVE is at times more populated than PVP, I will try to take a screen shoot of the ingame stastics to show PVE vs PVP. In my eyes there are two types of players, those who will only join PVE and those will join PVP. In my youth, I never dared to come to pvp, what changed was that some people told me to come to pvp when I asked for help with missions and learned that most players in pvp are not going to randomly attack you, and some will. I also got some higher level friends and got into a clan, so that helped and shielded me.

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux
#74921 by Bianca Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:26 am
Nightsky wrote:Let me put together what we have so far:

• If someone doesn't like PvP, They should GTFO and just go into an empty PvE Instance.
  • If someone WANTS to have PvP, he has to live with the fact that in certain systems are some extremely powerful players he can't compete with.
  • Being a bandit is cool. Let's also make loot stealing more popular.
  • Generally do everything you can to frustrate other players for your own satisfaction.

1. I do not like pvp and I love to stay in pve, its no punishment to me. Pve is not empty, actually I do hop into pvp when my preffered farming place is too full. Both instances are not that crowded as they were years ago, thats right, but they are not empty. If you want pve more crowded you should give a good example and go to pve yourself, dont ask others to do.

2. Sure, pvp is meant for fighting, if you go there you take a risk (to me +5 arts is no reward, so I rarely take this risk) . But most of the times I come to pvp there is no fight, ppl play peacefully. The bullying ones are only few, but they are loud and annoying. Treat them like you treat trolls - DONT FEED THEM. Its easier ingame than at the schoolyard so take your chance.

3 und 4 No, no and nobody said so.

Time runs its own way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trhh6BJuBqI

With a wasp at your side you never fight alone
#74922 by Bianca Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:04 am
TheStarved wrote:I feel like I've already written volumes on this topic.

Doesnt matter, seems there is a need for more writing. If you dont want to leave it.

TheStarved wrote:It's really easy to avoid someone who wants to hunt you. You are immune in 2/3rds of all instances (clan and PvE) and in 1/3 of instances they are unable to even reach you (clan).

But the 1/3 chance of fighting against other players is no free travel ticket for bullying.

TheStarved wrote:If people didn't have grudges and people to dislike then what would everyone do with their fancy built up internet space ships? Your strength is worthless if you have no reason to use it.

Brian mentions that he and his type will come to your aid. They like being the hero types. Know what they are without the occasional villain? They are nothing. You can't have heroes without villains.

Uhh uhh this sllghtly arrogant attitude is a fine dress for the longing for just being nasty.

TheStarved wrote:What you describe, by demanding everyone's freedom be restricted, is the removal of the motivation to play for much of the player base.

TheStarved

I doubt, that the first motivation to play this game is being the axe in the wood and kill whoever player is in sight. Oh well, for a very small minority it might be so. As I said before there are allways people who want to be rude.

Time runs its own way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trhh6BJuBqI

With a wasp at your side you never fight alone
#74923 by Jpsi Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:24 am
Sinner wrote:Oh, and the only reason I taunted you was because you kept ducking into the sz after spending 5 min spamming rams at me and still not killing me, and then spike stripping me when I go to enter the sz.

As I said, lying about your actions/the actions of the guy you fight is a form of bullying.

You are hurting the community because the way you are taunting and don't respect your adversary.

You would actually become respected if you let your ship do the talking (whether you choose to be a good or a bad guy, I'm ok with both).

(and also, you will see that more players will want to play (=fight) with you in the long term / and-or more players will simply stay playing the game instead of leaving because of the wrong attitude of a few).

#74927 by Sinner Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:55 am
Jpsi, are you really so ignorant? My previous name had respect and a reputation, I didn't want it. Hence I changed my name. And if you want my respect, kill me other than using the sz. Anytime you kill me with your blade, all I say is gg, cuz it was gg.

Also, plenty of people wanna fight me, I use an uncommon set and am actually good with it, so people want to test themselves against me.

Oh, btw. Taunting isn't against ToS, and neither is loot stealing (which I rarely do).
#74942 by bolbi Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:18 pm
Draconis wrote:All of you are now kos for life. The Judge is coming, make your peace...

Oh you're playing on your alt again? :P

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#74948 by Shieldity Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:39 pm
Draconis wrote:All of you are now kos for life. The Judge is coming, make your peace...

HA ! hi drac

The player above this signature first played in september 2014 and joined the following clans : NINJAS, United Nations, NINJAS III, NINJAS, Defiance (Kicked unfairly), and is now in Blue Hawks Elite!

Ask for help in game if you need !
#74957 by TheShredder Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:05 am
This game got ruined since devs became inactive.
no devs,no ways to fix anything...

About this thread...War implies hate.Most players are offended when they're getting killed in PvP which is obviously natural.
What i really don't understand about this community is this:
-they want game balances to be made in their favor
-they want easier ways to gain steel,better arts,etc(and it's getting worse)
-players complain about irrelevant stuff like.."too many bugs" "player x is hacking" etc

War is a game feature...this is all what PvP means.
Toxicity,it's all about the community...which i have no words for it. :roll:

TheSurgeon
#74966 by Chris22 Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:39 pm
TheShredder wrote:This game got ruined since devs became inactive.

About this thread...War implies hate.Most players are offended when they're getting killed in PvP which is obviously natural.
-players complain about irrelevant stuff like.."too many bugs" "player x is hacking" etc

War is a game feature...this is all what PvP means.
Toxicity,it's all about the community...which i have no words for it. :roll:

I agree with you on this 100%, this is why the balances are a joke. If people cant counter something on their setup they want it nerfed. There's only a couple weapons that can do crazy damage right now with basic arts and those are the only ones that need a little nerf.
#74978 by McPwny Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:30 am
bolbi wrote:I agree with Starved in a way, in that a great part of this game is being able to choose the villian or hero kind of role, and it's upto you how much of that you want to embrace..

the game has gotten stagnant to the point where people have to assign themselves "roles" to give one another a reason and opportunity to open fire

TheShredder wrote:This game got ruined since devs became inactive.

you dont think that the majority of people using the same one ship, with the same 2 or 3 loadouts, for the same "overly-effective results" is an indication that some balances are called for?

you dont think that some basic quality of gameplay fixes on even minor bugs, or that people in the astroflux community are hacking are relevant to player retention and community toxicity?

cmon m8

[PURPLE!]
#74981 by Nightsky Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:21 pm
To put this role system in a more hyperbolic perspective, basically what you want to tell me is that if I chose to be "the villain" in a school and just randomly attack other people on the school grounds, it is justified because I gave myself that role? Yes, this is a very exaggerated example, but it comes down to the same concept, unfortunately it doesn't come down to the same sort of punishment. Just because you pick your role it doesn't mean one has to be a jerk in the game and attack everyone and everything that they see. I really don't want to put that in the category of trolling, but if people want to farm in the PvP zones for artifacts (Like I tend to do with my alt) and certain players come at me just to ruin that plan, it is kinda trolling. Even if I put the emphasis on "I'm just here for farming" it comes down to the same scenario most of the time.

Yes, I have started to go more into PvE zones and I'm semi satisfied with the outcome of that decision. The only thing that is still bothering me is that the +5 Artifact level on PvP system is still very tempting to go there or that you can get trolled in PvE zones in an even more frustrating way. (Stealing of kills since the group that deals the most damage gets the loot) which is sort of frustrating as well.

I think you should slowly understand in what twilight I'm standing. Both sides are tempting, both have their advantages and disadvantages while one could get fixed in some way. The PvE zone doesn't look all that tempting, especially with all the systems that have ruined it for most of the players. The group-reward stuff as example, I have criticized it once or twice in the past, I have stated that this kind of system will lead to frustration especially when trolls have their hands in the game. I have also stated that PvE isn't appealing enough anymore like it used to be. People obviously move to PvP because it gives you so much rewards (+5 Artifact level does make a difference). I don't know, give PvE zones the old +25% loot while PvP systems will keep their Artifact level increase or something like that. This would make PvE zones perfect for those who want to get more stuff for their upgrades while PvP zones would make for good artifacts.

Thoughts?

We have such a beautiful community.
#74984 by traf Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 pm
I don’t have thoughts for nightsky, but for mcpwny.

Every instance of abuse that we are aware of results in a permaban. Note: actual abuse, provable abuse, not “I think he hacks”. If you’ve got information I don’t have i’d love to hear it!

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft