For AstroFlux related discussion
#74759 by seargantkailone Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:45 am
Guys, I have a confession: Astroflux is one of my top 5 favorite games of all time, and might even rank among my top 3.

However, the game's servers seem to be very empty (which might be why i haven't played in a while...). Where there was constant global chatter, there is silence, and where the system player list was full, it is empty. I'm afraid that at this pace, Astroflux will be taken offline sooner rather than later.

To anybody who sees this post, I ask the simple question: Is there any way (via advertisements, friend invitations, etc.) that we could repopulate the servers to help prevent the possibility of the game being taken down?

seargantkailone (a.k.a. Bob Loblaw)
#74760 by BrianN Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:53 am
New content...simply that. We got a little bit of a boost after steam coming in, but having no new content for almost 20 months is devestating. There's simply nothing for alot of us vets to do anymore...we've killed everything, farmed thousands of high level arts so far past diminishing returns.
The devs have lives, I dont expect them to stick with AF for forever, but if we could somehow have a majority of the heavy lifting done by player volunteers, with oversight by the devs, we could have a new system.
The game itself is genius, immersive, and eminently replayable...it EASILY does more with less than any other game Ive played. The community was mismanaged to toxicity and the communication of the devs has always been terrible.

All in all, its survived better and longer than what I would have thought...and thats a tribute to just how good the game is.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#74762 by hugojmaia Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:37 am
Getting a badge of the day on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday on Kongregate.
I estimate at least 30k people will try the game during the week following to the badge, with a huge influx of players on the day of the daily badge, with possibly 5% of the people who try it sticking around.
Of course, that also means noobs ahoy, so if such a thing does happen we'd need everyone to cooperate on not getting mad at noob questions in global chat and actually be ready to handle some of those people with handy advice so they have a higher chance of sticking to the game.
#74767 by traf Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:51 pm
Well the introduction needs work, the resource bottleneck needs a bit of repair, etc etc. It's all in the suggestions section . . . lol

Yeah, there's not much to keep the elders occupied. A fidget spinner in a box does not a fun new system make :|

However, there's still people here. A typical daily schedule is about 30 people at night, and approaching 100 people during the day. Granted, old people are going and new people are coming. I'm not seeing a massive dropoff anywhere though, thankfully.

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#74769 by JudgeJudi Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:50 pm
traf wrote:A fidget spinner in a box does not a fun new system make :|

Heh, this might be one of the best things I've read all week. (Though in all honesty, I've enjoyed our "fidget spinners in a box".)