For AstroFlux related discussion
#75054 by Sinner Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:49 pm
Lol, apparently you don't understand English very well. What I meant by that was to copy other people's arts, you would need player.io access. And with player.io access, why would I bother copying marginal arts when I'm sure I could imagine some verrrrrry interesting arts. So by posting that screenie you just look like a fool.

And the second one was before I was told to keep my mouth shut and stop instigating fights by a mod. So yes, I apologize for that one.

Regards,
Chaos
#75055 by Bellatrix Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:56 pm
Ok, for the sake of anyone who actually wants to post anything of value for this thread, stop this bickering.

You have anything to report you send us a PM.

We will be forced to clean this up.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#75056 by mt10kardans Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:01 am
Flandre Scarlet wrote:have you noticed how big the % of posts by mt10 are equal to a 4 year old whining about an older sibling staring into the blank

Have you noticed that you have been baned for hacking?
#75057 by mt10kardans Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:09 am
Sinner wrote:Lol, apparently you don't understand English very well. What I meant by that was to copy other people's arts, you would need player.io access. And with player.io access, why would I bother copying marginal arts when I'm sure I could imagine some verrrrrry interesting arts. So by posting that screenie you just look like a fool.

And the second one was before I was told to keep my mouth shut and stop instigating fights by a mod. So yes, I apologize for that one.

Didnt you just told that all i say is fake news when the truth is that all that crap comes from you and your associates?
#75058 by Sinner Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:17 am
Well, I can't attest to what my so called associates say, but I know for a fact that 3/4 of the stuff you say is nothing that I've heard from anyone before, and by trafs post I can see that I'm not alone.


On a side note, could someone tell me what the point of this threat is anymore?

Regards,
Chaos
#75060 by mt10kardans Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 am
Sinner wrote:Well, I can't attest to what my so called associates say, but I know for a fact that 3/4 of the stuff you say is nothing that I've heard from anyone before, and by trafs post I can see that I'm not alone.


On a side note, could someone tell me what the point of this threat is anymore?

oh you mean stuff like this?:
Image
On this one it actually looks like you know very well whats going on:
Image
#75061 by BrianN Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:23 am
I think what we've got here is a case of lost in translation. mt is obviously misinterpreting what is being said...best if everyone chill out.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75062 by Sinner Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:50 pm
mt10kardans wrote:
Sinner wrote:Well, I can't attest to what my so called associates say, but I know for a fact that 3/4 of the stuff you say is nothing that I've heard from anyone before, and by trafs post I can see that I'm not alone.


On a side note, could someone tell me what the point of this threat is anymore?

oh you mean stuff like this?:
Image
On this one it actually looks like you know very well whats going on:
Image


Wow, you really like screenshots. And again, that is all from a while ago, before I was told to keep my mouth shut by a mod. So, I apologize for the way I acted, but you should know that two wrongs doesn't make a right.

And I agree with Brian, people are taking this way too far, and even I realize that.

Regards,
Chaos
#75063 by traf Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:53 pm
BrianN wrote:I think what we've got here is a case of lost in translation. mt is obviously misinterpreting what is being said...best if everyone chill out.


I too agree with BrianN . . . not something that happens every day mind you!

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75066 by BrianN Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:50 pm
You're growing wiser in your old age traf.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75067 by Myorum Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:57 pm
Ok. just read all the things I apparently missed here.
I thought this thread has ended, was busy in real life, see this few days later and u guys filled 3 more pages xd.
Now, to add some of my own thoughts to this:

@Nightsky
I take it serious, if someone believes that another person is hacking or breaking the rules.
But before I act upon something like this, I need a screenshot of the rule break or an explanation as to what the person has done. If someone believes another person is hacking, he should be able to tell me why he believes that. Meaning he saw soemthing strange about this person. Then I can look further into it and hopefully prove whether its true or not. But what doesnt help, is just saying a person hacks, without any details.

Also, accusing people openly isnt good. We dont prejudge people in real life either. Innocent until proven guilty. Also, slandering someone IS a bad thing, as well as instigating others. I have often enough seen people believing someone is hacking just because they heard it from others, but without any reason to why. That way, more and more people act upon a rumor, which may or may not is wrong. If its right and we prove it, ok. But if its not right and we prove it, we have someone who either hates a lot of people or even leaves the game.

Thats why I say: Report it to a mod, but dont accuse people openly.
Ofc, if u have an undeniable proof of a hack that u are able to show, the case would be different.
But thats not the case most times.
Also, those who distrust some mods, there are enough to find one you DO trust.

I can understand, that us investigating something isnt visible from the outside, but I for my part inform people about the result of the investigation, or update them if it takes longer. And please keep in mind, that we do this in our free time and sometimes have to wait for someone to be on to continue. And this obviously can result in things taking longer sometimes. Also, its not a wise idea to spread around we are investigatiing something, because that could let some culprits escape. Something no one of us wants.

So you have to differentiate stopping accusations and investigating.
Doing the first doesnt mean we arent doing the second one!

@mt10kardans
Sorry to say that, but believing someone wouldnt falsely accuse another person to get rid of them is just naive.
There will always be people who are willing to do such things. Unfortunately.
And clan punishments are a bad idea, because that would punish all innocent people in that clan too.
And that is an absolute no go.

But how many players are actualy left game or lost interest in pvp because of same hacker who camped them over and over again for like no real reason other than just to get his satisfaction.
Regarding this I can just say, that camping itself IS allowed by the devs.
If the person hacks and its proven, it will get banned.
Otherwise nothing will happen. We have PvE for a reason.

Regarding Cupa:
The statement here in the thread that she wants to get u banned, is no proof that she really did it in the game.
Its like claiming to hack. Anyone can claim anything, but that doesnt mean its true. We can only do something about it if there is either proof the claim is right, or that the person is trying to instigate people against someone. For which also proof would be required.

i get mutted immediately when i do even one slight swear to you and i have real reason to do that not like you who just enjoy doing that. But you get away all the time for calling me inappropriate names and what else not.
This here is just wrong. Another person breaking the rules gives u NO right to break them urself.
And ofc, if you dont report it to the mods, but the other person does, you have the mentioned result.

Side note: I removed the insult. That has no place here.

All i know player who snifs arts for fact later tells that he not only snifs but also copy or try to delete them. So i take seriously what these hackers say even if it could be just troll. And why not dealing with them in first place? If you so sure that its imposible to do what they saying and its just troll then why not mute them in first place and not players who later accuse them for hacking? Accusation is consequence not cause. Even some mod trying to make it look like some joke now.
This here too. Openly accusing someone if you already considered the possibility its just trolling, isnt right.
Report it to a mod. (As u, in case of the Art Viewing, did to me. And I looked into it and proved it with trafs help true.) Moreover, if u believe it could be trolling, then instead of accusing the person u should report it. That way the person gets punished for trolling and not u for public accusing.

And about the screens u posted:
1. Sinner reasons about the art viewing/copying. Which isnt the same as claiming to do it.
2. Obviously sinner trolling you.
3. Iirc, I acted upon the insult after u told me about it.
4. Its not that obvious, but him using the blink smile indicates, that its trolling too.
(And we have good reasons, as explained in this thread, to believe that u cant copy arts)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I hope we can close this discsussion and continue with the thread, if someone else has to say anything.

That which we call a rose would smell as sweet by any other name.
Best Arts-Thread
#75068 by Nightsky Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:19 pm
The thing is I don't even say that accusing people is a right thing to do. And as mentioned so often I don't even claim that people should do that. But considering how much would be required to actually proof something, players have nothing left but having suspicious/accusations. Imagine following scenario now:

I hold and intense grudge against someone who has prevented me from leveling for a long time. Now I decide to create a fake video. Using video editing software and quite a bit of skill I try to "expose" the guy as a hacker. Obviously it's not true but my true goal is to get him banned anyways. So now I have done this video where I "proof" that someone uses a rate of fire hack as example. It looks real and overall: Believable.


Afterall this would be a valid proof, right? I mean it is on a video. Now the thing is: What to do? Ask this person? A real hacker would decline that he hacks and obviously not hack within the vicinity of a moderator. A non-hacker would also decline not hacking.

Proof is not always proof, especially when it's chat logs. A person could easily troll someone and this someone would take it seriously. Someone could easily edit screenshots and videos to make it look like they got proof. Which makes it hard to actually proof something. Ban someone because it looks real on the video and you basically did something wrong. Don't ban them and run into the danger that they really hack. It is an endless circle of the devil.

So if we want to be really fair the only proof we can provide is the suspicion/accusation. Everything else might make the suspicion look more realistic, but it's theoretically an accusation nonetheless. And if you think this is taken from the top shelf, it's not. In several games I have seem people creating fake videos just to get someone banned which is why those games can only rely on automated systems/accusations.

Well, with that, TL:DR: Accusations aren't good. Public accusations aren't good either. I'm not saying that. But providing proof is hard seeing that every kind of evidence could be faked.

Regards~

Image
#75069 by mt10kardans Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:56 pm
I know that he is trolling. I posted these screens because he told that no one knows what im even talking about and all this are fake. When screens clearly shows that he exactly knows what im talking about because all that crap comes from him. Troll or not you decide but dont tell me all i write are fake like im making something up. As for me i know enaugh about him and i will never feel like fool because i know what i know and all this is just high end talk. And if we are now in trolling busyness it start to look like that many of these acusations could be also just trolling. So dont call accusations bad thing if it could be just trolling like players like to troll about hacking. If player likes to troll me a lot about my arts then i can troll him a lot with accusations right? But in that case who will get muted first that one who start to troll about hacking or that one who later start to troll with accusations. In any case i will just take them screens as suggested and lets find out.
#75070 by Bellatrix Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:29 am
Nightsky wrote:Well, with that, TL:DR: Accusations aren't good. Public accusations aren't good either. I'm not saying that. But providing proof is hard seeing that every kind of evidence could be faked.

Regards~


It is the same in real life, but as in real life we (and devs) have some tools at our disposal that will hell us to figure out what is truth and what is BS.

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#75073 by DevNull Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:02 pm
The Sheep flock and wolves howl..

Real eyes
Realize
Real Lies.

I dont have many friends, I just know alot of people

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests

About

Welcome to the AstroFlux forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can ask questions and receive helpful information from experienced players. Please Join the discussions in the Astroflux forums. The game developers are active here and are happy to hear what you think!

AstroFlux is a MMO space shooter with numerous weapons, upgrades and abilities. Explore the galaxy and collect space junk to gain resources for new technologies.