For AstroFlux related discussion
#75017 by Jpsi Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:35 am
It's completely beyond me how accussing people of hacking is now-a-day such a thing. I mean, seriously:
- best scenario, the allegations are true, mod/dev can prove it, and the player gets life-banned. Seeing a high level getting banned is very sad to me. It will be one less active player who will stop the game. The fewer we are, the fewer we will be, the sooner the game will definitely die (= server off line).
- most probable scenario: the allegations are not true, and accussing him will mostly result in a form of harassment, and the player will be even more a pain than before (because being wrongly accussed), thereby doing so you will turn him in an even more vilain than he was (and he was, otherwise you will never have accussed him of hacking).

I don't mean to say that hacking in plain sight should go unpunished, but accusing someone should be seen as very sad and quite extreme thing to do. And the report should only go to the mod/dev, not to the guy who cheats.

Of course it's also completly beyond me too why anyone would want to hack. And I know that there was case of hacking before (even from nice pvp player that I liked to fight a couple of years ago), so somehow I am missing something. We are just a bunch of random players doing pew-pew in spare time in order to kill other random players in virtual spaceships flying in a virtual univers. Pressing button with good timing and choosing a nice setup is bassically the only exciting thing there (this and trying to stay alive - even when the other guy has a better setup/arts). Remove this by any form of cheating/hacking, and there's nothing left to keep playing really. Removing this and there is no point to come playing and connect. Not being able to die, via hack and just via much better arts, will be really fast quite boring - it's the fear of dying that creates the excitment and joy of staying alive.

#75018 by mt10kardans Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:23 pm
Jpsi wrote:It's completely beyond me how accussing people of hacking is now-a-day such a thing. I mean, seriously:
- best scenario, the allegations are true, mod/dev can prove it, and the player gets life-banned. Seeing a high level getting banned is very sad to me. It will be one less active player who will stop the game. The fewer we are, the fewer we will be, the sooner the game will definitely die (= server off line).
- most probable scenario: the allegations are not true, and accussing him will mostly result in a form of harassment, and the player will be even more a pain than before (because being wrongly accussed), thereby doing so you will turn him in an even more vilain than he was (and he was, otherwise you will never have accussed him of hacking).

I don't mean to say that hacking in plain sight should go unpunished, but accusing someone should be seen as very sad and quite extreme thing to do. And the report should only go to the mod/dev, not to the guy who cheats.

Of course it's also completly beyond me too why anyone would want to hack. And I know that there was case of hacking before (even from nice pvp player that I liked to fight a couple of years ago), so somehow I am missing something. We are just a bunch of random players doing pew-pew in spare time in order to kill other random players in virtual spaceships flying in a virtual univers. Pressing button with good timing and choosing a nice setup is bassically the only exciting thing there (this and trying to stay alive - even when the other guy has a better setup/arts). Remove this by any form of cheating/hacking, and there's nothing left to keep playing really. Removing this and there is no point to come playing and connect. Not being able to die, via hack and just via much better arts, will be really fast quite boring - it's the fear of dying that creates the excitment and joy of staying alive.

I dont buy that hackers have feelings and they should treat something speacial. Last time i checked hacker was trying do everything posible to make me baned from game and that consisted from hacking, insulting, spreading lies and creating drama to make as many players posible to turn against me. That hacker was Cupa. Extreme was that what she did and not that she got banned because of that. All these players who do hack in order to pvp are no angels. They are doing that to destroy players mentaly and fhysically. Ok there 1 player who get baned in like half year period of time. But how many players are actualy left game or lost interest in pvp because of same hacker who camped them over and over again for like no real reason other than just to get his satisfaction.
#75019 by Sinner Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:57 pm
Wow, I'm surprised this thread is still alive...

As much as I hate to admit it, Jpsi is right about the accusing of people. I realize I'm an asshole to certain people, but if you think about it, the only people I disrespect are people who accuse me of hacking, especially without proof and after the devs have looked through my account. Even after there is concrete proof I don't hack, people continue with the baseless allegations. I think that there needs to be a punishment for continued accusing, after it has been proved, but then rises the issue of what constitutes as accusing.

Regards,
Chaos
#75021 by traf Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:01 pm
mt10, why did you never tell any of us (to my knowledge) that Cupa was trying to get you banned? This is the first i’m hearing of it. According to what you just said she was doing a lot of things to try to turn people against you. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time this thread where you have mentioned something as fact that should have been reported to us, but wasn’t for whatever reason. Don’t harbor bitterness against people, just share it and let us handle it.

This goes for everyone: please actually tell the moderators what is going on. We can’t stop abuse if you decline to inform us (with screenshots please :) )!

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75022 by mt10kardans Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:41 pm
traf wrote:mt10, why did you never tell any of us (to my knowledge) that Cupa was trying to get you banned? This is the first i’m hearing of it. According to what you just said she was doing a lot of things to try to turn people against you. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time this thread where you have mentioned something as fact that should have been reported to us, but wasn’t for whatever reason. Don’t harbor bitterness against people, just share it and let us handle it.

This goes for everyone: please actually tell the moderators what is going on. We can’t stop abuse if you decline to inform us (with screenshots please :) )!

Because she wrote it in this same thread on first page.
#75023 by traf Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:35 pm
Flandre Scarlet wrote:@nightsky i kinda just want to see mt10 banned, so i'm doing my best to trigger the person that keeps accusing my friends of things that were already proven wrong

You mean this?

If that’s the case, why haven’t we been shown any screenshots from you indicating said “triggering”?

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75025 by BrianN Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:45 pm
How dare he take what cupa said literally! Keep in mind the language barrier...

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75029 by Bellatrix Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:54 am
BrianN wrote:How dare he take what cupa said literally! Keep in mind the language barrier...

Well this right here is what we are having issues with.

Player A says something, Player B hears it, reacts on it. We then get a report with nothing more than just a quote from maybe even Player C about what happened asking us to Ban or Mute someone.

And now we get accused for not acting about what Player C told us.

Not all cases are like this but many are,

Bellatrix, the shining star of Astroflux
#75030 by traf Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:38 pm
Especially since sarcasm is hard to notice, apparently.

― William Howard Taft
#75031 by hugojmaia Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:29 pm
traf wrote:Especially since sarcasm is hard to notice, apparently.

It's not that it's hard to notice, it just doesn't work over plain text.
#75032 by mt10kardans Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:04 pm
Flandre Scarlet wrote:prolly something to do with the fact that i never did anything past saying that
e: i still hate him for being a thick idiot

Im a nice guy. Look at my pic do i look like someone who could do any harm to anyone?
#75033 by mt10kardans Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:31 pm
Are we talking sensitive now? Like some high school literature teachers? I dont care if its joke, sarcasm, metaphor, troll or whatever. All i know player who snifs arts for fact later tells that he not only snifs but also copy or try to delete them. So i take seriously what these hackers say even if it could be just troll. And why not dealing with them in first place? If you so sure that its imposible to do what they saying and its just troll then why not mute them in first place and not players who later accuse them for hacking? Accusation is consequence not cause. Even some mod trying to make it look like some joke now.
#75047 by Sinner Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:11 am
This thread reminds me of a large turd swirling around when you flush the toilet...getting closer and closer to the hole in the bottom.

Bets on how long before it's locked?

Regards,
Chaos
#75048 by traf Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:23 am
mt10, when did anyone say they were going to try to delete your arts? If it’s not in this thread, why was this never reported?

― William Howard Taft