For AstroFlux related discussion
#74541 by Draconis Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:42 am

Venom has 10 in health, but gets less than half of tankers hp... and tanker costs half as much as venom... hmmm
Also, Venom is the only ship with sane values. You would think a ship designer understands artifacts and how a ship will be used, and build it according to the needs of the customer. Yeah, Venom was custom designed by a customer, and it is the only one with stats that make sense. Any ship with a high shield and high shield regen stat, or armor and health stats, make absolutely no sense at all because we've had access to converters for a very long time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Here's a chart I made with accurate 10 point values listed to the right of the actual base stats. Base on dividing the highest known values in each stat by 10, and giving a 1-10 rating based on how many times that number goes into a ships base value.

#74543 by Jpsi Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:12 am
Yeap, the cost doesn't represent how good a ship is.

Even the number (1-10) doesn't represent the actual value.

One question: how did you get the values ? Are they up to date ? Can I use them for one post I want to do ?

#74544 by Draconis Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:16 am
I used the =importhtml("http://www.astroflux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5649%22,%22table%22,1) function and copied the values from the forum post, most of it is your work anyways :) feel free to use it.

I just added an arbitrary set of values to the side, you can ignore those. Just me using =SUM to rate the ships ability for shield/health builds. By doubling the shield rating and adding the armor rating I get the value for a health build, double the health rating and add the regen rating and that's the value for a shield build. Was just a curiosity.

#74545 by Jpsi Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:47 am
Alas then the data are from the last update spreadsheet I posted, and it didn't take into account the last update, here :
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11368

Mainly, there was an update of regen calculation (I don't see it here in the list), which made the spreadsheet not working for regen calculation.
But also, all the changes of the individual ships were not taken into account.

So the data will be off for the current meta.

#74546 by hugojmaia Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:52 am
Do us a favor and take the full screenshot of things before you try to make a point about them:

Sure the tanker is cheaper, but it has bad speed and no offensive stats to speak of, other than that 10% max power.
In contrast the Viper has a solid set of offensive stats plus 2 unique weapons that combo together.
#74558 by Draconis Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:56 am
That tanker speed is completely irrelevant to the point, thank you kindly for offering your opinions.
I will note your bull opinion tho, if that speed was an issue you wouldn't be getting your ass handed to you so badly in deathmatch by every tanker out there.

In case you missed it, the point of my observation was that a 10 means nothing and those stats are woefully inaccurate, so do us a favor and learn to read before you pop in with condescending tripe.

[edited by Drac to remove inappropriate editing] - 11/24/17
Last edited by Draconis on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#74739 by Chris22 Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:40 am
Draconis wrote:That tanker speed is completely irrelevant to the point, thank you kindly for offering your opinions.
I will note your bull opinion tho, if that speed was an issue you wouldn't be getting your donkey handed to you so badly in deathmatch by every tanker out there.

In case you missed it, the point of my observation was that a 10 means nothing and those stats are woefully inaccurate, so do us a favor and learn to read before you pop in with condescending tripe.

[edited by Greg to remove inappropriate language] - 11/13/17

There are only a few very strong tankers out there and those people had to farm many many Vors arts to make them a pvp option just saying....

In case you didn't notice I haven't learned to read before I posted. Good point on 10 meaning nothing though.