For AstroFlux related discussion
#74438 by GoatusMax Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:54 pm
I'm sure you've all seen it, some of you have probably done it, or still do... The lone moron or the small group of idiots that camp around the dead spawners, particularly the elite area on the right side of Mittrilian, waiting for them to appear and destroying them as soon as they show up... like idiots.
Kids, and I use that term blatantly, you're messing it up for yourself and everyone else.
Q: What's the goal? A: To get maximum loot in the least amount of time.
Q: How do we do that? A: By killing more enemies in less time.
Q: How do we do that? A: By letting the enemies actually spawn, rather than killing the spawner as soon as it shows up.
Q: Why does that work better? A: By allowing the enemies to spawn and spread out, you get more targets over time and thus more loot for EVERYONE.
Q: Why would you spawn camp? A: Probably because you're greedy and not economically minded enough to realize that you're harvesting the public garden before it has a chance to grow any vegetables.
Q: How do we solve this problem? A: Easy... BACK OFF! Stay away from the spawner until it, and here's the hard part that requires a little patience, stops spawning enemies! Then kill it... and wait... patiently.

I swear, some people get so focused on having all the loot to themselves that they fail to see that they're robbing themselves and everyone else. Be patient. Impulse will get you killed in this game.
#74450 by BrianN Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:25 am
Mit RIGHT? Well, on mit left 2 of the spawners dont give gold crates so u might as well blast them right away...on the right side all i can see someone farming is the repair drone then yeah, its dumb.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#74462 by GoatusMax Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:19 pm
BrianN wrote:Mit RIGHT? Well, on mit left 2 of the spawners dont give gold crates so u might as well blast them right away...on the right side all i can see someone farming is the repair drone then yeah, its dumb.

I've seen the black moths drop gold crates before and they still give plenty of plasma and iridium to make it worth waiting for them. There's also such an influx of enemies being spawned when you actually let them spawn that there's only a few seconds of game play when I'm not racking up loot and EXP just by flying in circles far enough away that I don't hit the spawners but close enough that I get their agro. Also, the spawners drop so little loot in comparison to how long they take to respawn themselves that killing them to reset the cycle is the only viable reason to kill them in first place. I totally agree with you about the repair drones, though. Pointless except for completing quests.
#74463 by Draconis Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:35 pm
I noticed that about the algae spawners, seemed to be that only the brown one gave gold bearing mobs. However once, out of like 50 times, I did see the brown spawner not give and instead it was the flower spawner that did. Also, yeah that moth spawner is the one that gives the iri/plasma crates.

#74473 by Jpsi Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:00 pm
Draconis wrote:I noticed that about the algae spawners, seemed to be that only the brown one gave gold bearing mobs. However once, out of like 50 times, I did see the brown spawner not give and instead it was the flower spawner that did. Also, yeah that moth spawner is the one that gives the iri/plasma crates.

Did you drink, again :mrgreen: ?

Well, at least I never saw something else than the big brown one providing mobs with golden crates (since the upgrade of gold crate and spam time, something like last year) :P But then again, alcool can open a whole new world of strange possibilities, so why not...

#74564 by GoatusMax Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:20 pm
Point being, you get more loot in the long run if you wait to kill the spawners until after they're done spawning. By spawn camping and killing the spawner, you limit what you have access to and what everyone else has access to. I can fly around in circles for 15 minutes or more and get a CONSTANT flow of resources before I need to kill reset the spawners, where as if one just kills the spawners as soon as they show up, like a farknarkled idiot, you're waiting multiple minutes for the next spawners to develop and you get barely anything for it that makes it worth camping on. I see people in the high 120's and 130's doing this and I'm thinking to myself, my gads, it must take you forever to get anywhere in this game!
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a back seat player, but people leave me little to no choice when their methods make the game more daunting and difficult than it needs to be for everyone else. I cannot stress this enough, it is economically stupid to harvest the garden before it grows the same as it is economically stupid to kill the spawners before they spawn. Greed will screw you in this game unless you're really smart about it... which spawn camping is the opposite of.
#74565 by Nightsky Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:37 pm
Everyone has their way of playing this game. There are multiple distinctive ways of playing this game. There is nothing wrong with that. Everyone plays the way they want to play. Sure, I also don't like the way some people play this game and especially those people who literally go berserk in PvP-Instances. This also takes away the fun for me. But I can't really complain about it since everyone plays the game their way. I can complain about it, but nothing will change. Most likely not.

If you don't like the way people farm things, then suggest something that counters this. We have a suggestions forum. Go there, suggest something, maybe people will like it.

We have such a beautiful community.
#74568 by Jpsi Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 am
GoatusMax wrote:(...)where as if one just kills the spawners as soon as they show up, like a farknarkled idiot, you're waiting multiple minutes for the next spawners to develop and you get barely anything for it that makes it worth camping on. I see people in the high 120's and 130's doing this and I'm thinking to myself, my gads, it must take you forever to get anywhere in this game!
(...) as it is economically stupid to kill the spawners before they spawn. Greed will screw you in this game unless you're really smart about it... which spawn camping is the opposite of.

Well, GoatusMax, I didn't really react untill now to what you were saying, but: don't call people idiots without proving they are wrong. And, if you can take the time to prove they are wrong, then you are intelligent enough not to call them idiots.

At the moment, I personnaly kill the spawner (the one that is interesting for gold crate) within 1-2 minutes. They are 3-4 waves of enemy spawning quickly, after that (something like 1-2 minutes), it's slow, so I kill the spawner and wait it to repop. The other spawners are killed right away, cause they spam mobs that distract me, and killing them regularly seems to give more gold crates than the 1-2% chance of drop from the mobs they creates. Same for the queen, I kill spawner + queen as soon as possible.

Is it better than just letting the spawner lives and waiting for the mobs ? I honestly don't know. I think my way is an optimized way to do it, but it's just my guts feeling. I never tested this since the dev changed the way the mobs pop/refresh rules. I did tested the best way to farm in the past (mitr/exe...), Drac also did it and posted the results somewhere on this forum. But I am not up to date anymore, as I don't really need serious farming.

So actually I would be very much interested to see which method provides the best results: to do that, you have to take the average of steel per, let say, 10 min, for both methods, and provide some advice here about the best farm spot and the best farm method. With some real measured numbers.
- Farm 1 hour (or more) with your method (not killing the spawners), take the total steel gain divided by 6 (gives you the average per 10 min)
- then farm 1 hour (or more) with spawner killing when the mobs generation starts to become slow (the method I am using and that I described above), do the same analysis to get the average per 10 min,
- and you can also try other methods if you want (killing spawner right away for instance, without waiting for the 3-4 enemy waves ?), and/or other farm method like exe farming.
- while you are at it, you could also test the best method in pvp / pve or clan instance, to see if the average steel will increase/decrease. I am not excepting differences though, maybe a very small amount because of artifact recycling (in pvp, the artifact have a little higher level, so they will provide more steel while recycled, but I think this is negligeable)

If you need to farm anyway, you might want to test this and optimise your farming method as much as possible :)
And I would be very glad to be proven that my farming method can be improved.

#74581 by GoatusMax Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:35 pm
That's just it though, I have experimented with all of this multiple times and every single time I have found that I get more by being patient. I get a constant flow of all four types of materials and I get so many artifacts and gold crates dropping that I have a hard time collecting them all before some of them disappear, where as I find I spend more time waiting and waiting and waiting for the spawners to come back when I kill them right off.

I wouldn't say these things if I couldn't back it up or if I hadn't done the time trying out multiple methods. Maybe the fast kill method works for some people, but I've never seen it happen in all my attempts to understand the tactic and I'd been forced to sit back and watch total morons waste everyone else's time because they think they can get more by being greedy little gluttonous pigs.

Additionally, I'm a highly intelligent person with a creative and scientific mind, but I'm also rude, crass, blunt and have no problem telling someone that I think they have mental deficiencies when I see that they are acting like an idiot. I've conversely found that people that try to water things down to placate to people's fragile little feelings are in fact a great source of those mental deficiencies because more oft than naught, they're usually the ones I'm pointing things out to or what I'm saying applies to them and it hurts their feelings but they don't want to say so.

However, you are correct in that you get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar and I've found that if I let go of my abject frustration and tell people politely that there's a more efficient way to farm resources, they are more open to try the thing I suggest and often times I come back and find them teaching others the methods I showed them... so in that I must be doing something right.
#74585 by Jpsi Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:47 am
GoatusMax wrote:That's just it though, I have experimented with all of this multiple times and every single time I have found that I get more by being patient.

Ok, then I believe you. I'll apply this if I even need to farm more.

NB; it would have been nice to see some numbers though: I decided to start refresh farming mitr when drac showed me the steel per hour of his method (killing all mobs + qeen + spawner, then landing planet and refresh the system) in comparison to my method (which was waiting and killing the mobs and felt more effective to me) - I was doing 400k an hour, he was at 600k or more at the time, so I changed my method. Then we swiched to exe farming which gave something like 1.2 m per hour (up to 1.5m by including the siduses). Note that this was quite some time ago, so all this is not valid anymore. Mitr gives much more now.

#74599 by 3ace Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:11 am
In August I farmed 1 million or more steel per day in Mit. September 1st I was up 42 million steel, not including other resources that accumulated at the same time. I did this as a personal goal, and usually in the course of my normal game play, so I wasn't really spending extra time farming.

I go to clan instance and wait for the spawn. I let everything spread out in the elite zone. I farm my way to the center, taking out the queen and the flower spawners. Then I camp the pod spawner until the algae stop spawning. When the flowers or queen spawn I kill them instantly. Eventually I will be left with nothing but the pod spawner and it's algae, because I will have caught up with everything flying around from the first spawn.

I never refreshed, but I did fly to the recycle station when cargo filled up. (I pick up everything that drops) This time is enough for a fresh spawn of all of the spawners, effectively resetting the process.

The only gold from the flower spawners (dread moths and algae) that I noticed is one moth from the very first spawn will drop one gold crate that averaged 9K steel. I haven't figured out how to tell which moth though- no aura, nothing special. I even suspected that it is number based, i.e., after so many kills it drops.

I used vindi, blade, shadow, golden heart, pumpkin, noxium and rapture. I prefer noxium and it's nova, then shadow, and vindi. Golden heart breaks the monotony. The others are boring imo.

Just thought I would share my method. The key is being in clan instance. No distractions.
#74602 by Jpsi Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:45 am
3ace wrote:In August I farmed 1 million or more steel per day in Mit. September 1st I was up 42 million steel, not including other resources that accumulated at the same time. I did this as a personal goal, and usually in the course of my normal game play, so I wasn't really spending extra time farming.

I go to clan instance and wait for the spawn. I let everything spread out in the elite zone. I farm my way to the center, taking out the queen and the flower spawners. Then I camp the pod spawner until the algae stop spawning. When the flowers or queen spawn I kill them instantly. Eventually I will be left with nothing but the pod spawner and it's algae, because I will have caught up with everything flying around from the first spawn.

I never refreshed, but I did fly to the recycle station when cargo filled up. (I pick up everything that drops) This time is enough for a fresh spawn of all of the spawners, effectively resetting the process.

The only gold from the flower spawners (dread moths and algae) that I noticed is one moth from the very first spawn will drop one gold crate that averaged 9K steel. I haven't figured out how to tell which moth though- no aura, nothing special. I even suspected that it is number based, i.e., after so many kills it drops.

I used vindi, blade, shadow, golden heart, pumpkin, noxium and rapture. I prefer noxium and it's nova, then shadow, and vindi. Golden heart breaks the monotony. The others are boring imo.

Just thought I would share my method. The key is being in clan instance. No distractions.

This sounds very much like what I do. From what I am used to, the spawning occurs during the first 1 or 2 minutes, then it's too slow to be usefull.

I also suspect that clan instance gives same average steel than pvp, but with the very big advantage that you can farm alone.