For AstroFlux related discussion
#74373 by 3ace Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:32 pm
This is the banner at the top of the Kongregate page today:

In order to improve security standards Kongregate will begin serving all games securely beginning on November 13th. Unfortunately, this game will no longer function correctly due to those changes. We have reached out to the developers and hope that they will update the game before Nov. 13.

We have turned off purchasing since it is not yet clear whether it will continue functioning. If the game does have to shut down we will return kreds spent back to Oct. 13 to honor our 30 day guarantee on kreds purchases.

Please read our forum post for more information.
#74376 by McPwny Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:35 am
i saw this too. RIP D':

[PURPLE!]
#74379 by bolbi Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:48 am
Well from the Kong Forums post http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/933819-ssl-upgrade-games-that-will-stop-working

[quote=Phoenix00017][quote=4bassdude]
Will Kongregate allow devs to migrate accounts if they're unable to comply?[/quote]

We'll have to handle that on an individual basis. In general we strongly prefer not having our players leave us, but we also try to be reasonable and fair.[/quote]

Phoenix00017 is one of the Kong Admins, so it sounds like if worst comes to worst, yes you'd be able to transfer your accounts over to the main site.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#74384 by BrianN Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:58 pm
Well, as someone who started in Yahoo games and had to migrate, its not just a simple switch. I know that there were several problems with my account when I moved...Im guessing it would be easier for the devs to simply update the game.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#74385 by hattemandendk Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:01 pm
Could the lazy a** devs get their fingers out of their butth*les and please start commenting on this?!

Some of us have spent money via Kongregate.com within the last couple of months!

What will happen to the game on Kongregate.com?

If the game doesn't work on that site anymore, can we then transfer our accounts to Astroflux.net?

What will be the future of the game, if it shuts down on Kongregate.com(Kongregate.com is the main focus site, I've been told, after the "failed" Steam launch, that you guys so elegantly messed up)

Why is there still a Sale via the Kongregate.com site when there is soo much uncertainty regarding its future on that site?

Sorry about the negative tone in this post/comment, but you guys have got the communication skills of drugged out baboons.

Nothing gets addressed whilst people are emptying their pockets supporting the game!

At least have the decency to say to people that the game is not worth fixing/upgrading on anymore, so people don't spend their hard earned money on it!(If that is the case?) :?

http://i.epvpimg.com/39nOg.png
#74387 by traf Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:14 pm
I sent the devs a link to this thread, now we just wait and see :)

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#74388 by maximus4 Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:30 pm
Just putting it out there that I'd also like to see the Dev team update the game to keep it on Kongregate. I find this preferable to having to migrate my account.
#74389 by 3ace Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:50 pm
I don't have a problem with migrating accounts, but I do see a time issue for that change to happen. Also, I'd guess that Kongregate may officially have an issue with lost revenue through the kred program.

Interesting that it took a public post on the top of the game page to get attention to this issue. I wonder how long Kong has been sending notices about this update?

Money issues aside, personally I would hate to lose my main account because of an unanswered email. Hatte is right, there needs to be some communication from AF devs directly to Kong users- you know who we are.
#74391 by BrianN Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:27 pm
3ace wrote:Money issues aside, personally I would hate to lose my main account because of an unanswered email. Hatte is right, there needs to be some communication from AF devs directly to Kong users- you know who we are.

There also needs to be some communication from AF devs directly to the rest of us as well. IMO, putting your money into this game at this point is foolish.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#74393 by hattemandendk Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:03 pm
3ace wrote:I don't have a problem with migrating accounts, but I do see a time issue for that change to happen. Also, I'd guess that Kongregate may officially have an issue with lost revenue through the kred program.

Interesting that it took a public post on the top of the game page to get attention to this issue. I wonder how long Kong has been sending notices about this update?

Money issues aside, personally I would hate to lose my main account because of an unanswered email. Hatte is right, there needs to be some communication from AF devs directly to Kong users- you know who we are.

Thats the damn problem, its one let down after another and the devs remain silent. No communication, just silence. It's like having a conversation with a goddamn door. and yes 3Ace i doubt that the people at kongregate.com didnt reach out to all devs before written this on their forum, it would be bad for business otherwise.(customer service have always been great on Kong btw) You devs are pissing potential revenue away, and don't start with all that "i'm having a kid" that doesnt exclude people from doing the right thing or at least communicating their issues! Get your act together and write a goddamn status announcement once a month! We dont ask for much!

#74394 by hattemandendk Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:09 pm
maximus4 wrote:Just putting it out there that I'd also like to see the Dev team update the game to keep it on Kongregate. I find this preferable to having to migrate my account.

Seeing that Kongregate is their main focus site they have too, otherwise the game is dead. Astroflux.net or Armorgames.com doesn't yield enough money or players to keep it alive. This issue is a massive attack on the game itself, and they need to address it ASAP! :x

#74395 by hattemandendk Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:00 pm
BrianN wrote:
3ace wrote:Money issues aside, personally I would hate to lose my main account because of an unanswered email. Hatte is right, there needs to be some communication from AF devs directly to Kong users- you know who we are.

There also needs to be some communication from AF devs directly to the rest of us as well. IMO, putting your money into this game at this point is foolish.

100 % yes! Communication is needed and its been missing the 2 years give or take i've been playing this game.

#74396 by Gamber0x Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:41 pm
I'm playing from kongregate too, see the dev Fula in the game chat of kong, hope they should be fix that... for the moment what's the point to play more the game?
#74398 by thisguy27 Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:51 pm
Devs can't even get it together to say that they're done with the game. Rip my main.

-Probably Waste

Current Location: Luring thingies