For AstroFlux related discussion
#73900 by McPwny Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:49 am
Shadow Projector:
Increase AOE by 200%
Make it the special condition for shadowblaster

can somone clarify this? does it mean make it a special condition or "the only" special condition for shadowblaster?

[PURPLE!]
#73907 by bolbi Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:16 pm
@McPwny, As I read it, that means move the special condition bonus for shadow blaster, from shadow bombs to shadow projector.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#73939 by Myorum Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:58 pm
Well, as far as I see it, Projector would have the advantage of applying the bonus effect without having to hope that people dont avoid ur bombs. Also u could apply the damage on a target u are moving to. And lets not forget the range. Maybe u could apply the effect from distance and then cloak and assault, if it lasts long enough.

Regarding Deathcloud:
If the high amount of projectiles is the main problem, maybe u could exchange the projectiles to some sort of area damage that affects everyone within its range while moving?
But since the burn stacks over time it has to either hit the target repeatedly in a way that has the same result as now (what would also cause lag i guess, albeit maybe still less), or u could increase the burn after calculating whats the average bonus damage through the additional hits.

That which we call a rose would smell as sweet by any other name.
Best Arts-Thread
#73940 by McPwny Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:47 pm
whats wrong with the bomb mechanic as is? bombs are needed for taking out say, a group of bionic microphages, or a bionic queen as the shadowblaster isnt all that powerull on its own.
as is right now with a completely energy set and ET's the same shadowblaster with debuff does slightly less DPS than lwg raw dps (not including 30% energy debuff), so it is in a sense, already inferior for PVE. changing it and making projector the mechanic of debuff would just butcher it and kill it for PVE use altogether.

as for PVP use, it seems pretty common sense that projector is used on players you dont want to get close to. firing you very long range weapon in tandem with your short range weapon seems silly! would you say using Aureus Beam and LWG in tandem is a reliable strategy?

bombs make for a beautiful mechanic because when you are being chased you can drop a bomb, cloak, and turn around and hopefully turn the tables. switching it would just butcher the shadows special weapon sets practicality.

[PURPLE!]
#73944 by PurpleVind Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:49 am
I think the issue is other weapon buff combos are based off long range weapon/short range combo like hell fire/hell flame or vind cluster missles/advanced blaster. The change is to follow that pattern for shadow.
#73945 by Myorum Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:46 pm
Hmm. Good arguments Pawny.
In that case, I guess I would agree that it can stay on bombs.
Its not necessary that everything follows the same patterns.

Best Arts-Thread
#74041 by Myorum Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:46 pm
Just remembered, that at least 10% cooldown on Tanker may be wise, no?
Cooldown has a huge influence after all and dropping all at once might be too much.
And it could be adjusted in the second update, if its still too much.

Best Arts-Thread
#74078 by hugojmaia Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:34 am
PurpleVind wrote:I think the issue is other weapon buff combos are based off long range weapon/short range combo like hell fire/hell flame or vind cluster missles/advanced blaster. The change is to follow that pattern for shadow.

There are several things wrong with this, just by looking at the weapons required for the buffing of another:
Hell Fire: Mid range (It's less than half of what a projector can reach), high rate of fire and has aim assist. It's really easy to land hits with this thing. The main use is to fire a couple rounds of this while closing in on your target. Though it can be really effective on its own.
Vindicator Cluster Missiles: Long range, great tracking, several projectiles per shot, debuffs damage. This one can be fired with little care as to where the target is and will most likely hit unless the target has a nova ready or cloaks.
Shadow Bomb: High area of effect, good damage, can lay up to 3 of them. Great for groups of enemies and for dealing with people chasing you. As explained by mcPwny the point of this is to fire the bombs, cloak and then finish the target off with the blaster.

And now let's look at the projector and why it is bad for a combo like that
Shadow Projector: Long range, chargeable, high damage, no aim assist, low fire rate. The projector requires a considerable higher skill to be used effectively when compared to the other 3, it's simply not going to hit anything without some charging up front making misses very expensive, not to mention you can't charge while cloaked.

It's basically making it the same as the Venom combo, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people would hate it. We don't need 2 weapon combos to be carbon copies of each other with the only difference being damage type.
I haven't read much of what's been going on lately, but that should be enough to leave the combo as it is.
#74079 by PurpleVind Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:00 pm
All I was saying was I understood why making bombs not part of the combo was on the table, due to the difference in use. Since you brought it up, venom has a similar combo, and no one is complaining about that.
I agree keeping bombs/blaster a combo is good, as it give a different combo version, but I get the update trying to make a consistent pattern in all versions of combos.