For AstroFlux related discussion
#73768 by WishingStar Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:35 pm
McPwny wrote:Nexar vindicator 71321

If that's supposed to be its health with level 6 armor, that's completely incorrect. At level 127 (with level 6 armor), its health is 16847. Maybe you meant 17321?
#73769 by McPwny Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:32 pm
WishingStar wrote:
McPwny wrote:Nexar vindicator 71321

If that's supposed to be its health with level 6 armor, that's completely incorrect. At level 127 (with level 6 armor), its health is 16847. Maybe you meant 17321?

indeed i did.

[PURPLE!]
#73776 by Flandre Scarlet Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:33 am
Rework the Antor Federation NPC's in Fulzar and Vorsran
give them at least a 1500% damage increase. they barely are comparable to a level 10 player compared to the enemies they have.

Give the player ships more angles
more easely noticeable with mouse aim... more angles could help alot.
#73777 by hugojmaia Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:03 am
Flandre Scarlet wrote:Give the player ships more angles
more easely noticeable with mouse aim... more angles could help alot.

You can achieve more angles by lowering your turn speed.
I suggested this a while ago and it never got traction: Change how mouse steering works.
I still believe it'd be the best possible cenario for mouse steering. (Yes, I call it steering instead of aim because of how the input is designed)
Even this one "A minor way to improve accuracy" would already help a lot.
Though I think this point is a bit offtopic when it comes to this update.
#73784 by declan_winter Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:22 am
Hey all! Just a quick balance note that doesn't seem to have been addressed, the burn techs for Blaster seem awfully popular at the moment, just something to look into though :)

Show respect even to people who don't deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but a reflection of yours :)
#73785 by bolbi Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:58 am
I brought that up like a few hundred posts back :lol: and after playing with it a bit more since then I'd say the techs should be adjusted to stay at approximately the same as they are now.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#73787 by Myorum Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:26 pm
@Scythe

Ok, I still believe Nexar Projector belongs in the first part considering the gap its closing.
And pls consider switching Speed ET for a Damage ET and adjusting the base values too.
Then u have the same speed and damage with the Damage ET as now with the Speed ET but u can also use the other ET's with a good base speed. Otherwise it will still fall behind other projectors regarding versatility i fear.

And i also discovered that flat shield arts add less shield than the value on the art says.
To be precise, its only Art value * 0.857 what gets added. Havent checked if this applies to health too yet.

Ok, on a first glimpse flat health arts seem to work as intended.

Almost forgot. Id say u have to increase Burn on Teeth if u reduce base damage.

That which we call a rose would smell as sweet by any other name.
Best Arts-Thread
#73872 by McPwny Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:25 am
also i was wrong about the shadow, the survivability is tolerable and the damage is good, if anything needs to get fixed on it at all, it could use a bit more shield regen.

the only player ships that are very difficult to combat in pvp with it would be the tanky tankers, and the evasive shield-teleport-teleport right back-shield again vindi's. adding damage to it could get... rediculous in PVP

so now that ive gotten one and tested it out i can say: regen or speed. or both.
also fix the stupid auto-aim exploit!

[PURPLE!]
#73881 by Drl Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:48 pm
boogerrito wrote:I'm a big fan of the increase to shadow's speed.

a nice increase to the Shadow's speed is very nice, since its a stealth ship.

speaking of speed, the D-mat is a fighter right? it should have at least 10% increase speed so it can compare with other faster ships with in its price range of 700-1700 flux.

Currently unavailable due to internet problems and broken screen

V The link to the Xaliuris Universe V
http://xaliuris.wikia.com/wiki/Xaliuris_Wikia
#73885 by TheScythe Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:18 pm
Ok shadow speed increase got it

Other stuff - i need a list of weapons that cause you lag - it could be different for different players/specs so tell me what lags you and when/how. Might aswell reduce lag while balancing if possible

TheDepraved
#73887 by bolbi Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:14 pm
Okay I have a pretty old computer so I kinda just take lag for granted most of the time, but here are the ones that hurt me the most when it comes to lag. I'm putting a simpler discrption in the list for reasons for lag, I'll explain those meaning after the list. List is, for the most part, from most laggy to least laggy.

Cluster missiles - guidance. With projectiles ET, guidance and entity spam
     Piraya - damaging, guidance, and sometimes entity spam
     Locust hatchery - damaging, guidance, and sometimes entity spam
     Gattling Laser - damaging, occasionally entity spam
     Death cloud - I believe this one is because of rendering the projectiles and because they're so big
     Acid spray - damaging and entity spam with high rof
     Heal spray - damaging and entity spam with high rof

Gattling gun - damaging, occasionally entity spam
     Nox spray - damaging
     Scattershell - damaging only with high rof
     Sticky bombs - when it explodes if using a high rof build, I assume cause of damage calculation
     Razors - entity spam
     Boomerangs - entity spam
     Hunter Killer Launcher - guidance
     Plankton siphon gland - lock on
     Beamer - lock on
     KPB - lock on
     CL - lock on coupled with the chain lightning effect lock on
     Lightning Gun - lock on coupled with chain lighning effect lock on
     Energy Nova - entity spam only with high rof
     Nukes, Bombs, and ANG - damaging only when on large groups
     Teleport - teleporting?

Guidance - applies to most of the, spamable, guided weapons. Means that it only starts causing lag when it has a target to aim towards, thus coupled with many projectiles is what I believe strains the cpu

Entity Spam - most of the missiles have this just cause they are coupled with other problems. Mainly means the cpu has a hard time keeping up with all the projectiles, or rendering all the entities.

Damaging - some of the ones with this label only make difference cause they also have the two problems mentioned above at the same time (i.e. locusts.) Otherwise meaning lags only when they start inflicting damage, (i.e. gattling laser is normally fine until it starts dealing damage at which point it can cause many people to start jumping around.) and is pretty much exclusively when the weapon is being used with attack speed arts. Basically anything where the cpu is calculating a ton of damages, to one or more enemies at once, or in quick succession.

Lock On - this one doesn't happen to me very often but when it does, if I use any weapon that is a lock on type of targeting, every time I turn my ship I start wiggling all over the place, and can't move straight.

Teleporting - I think it's just the fact that it'll be rendering in a new area every time these are used. Makes effect similar to the lock on weapons.

I hope that was understandable.

Edits in blue, cause I forgot a few
Last edited by bolbi on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#73897 by McPwny Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:06 pm
Weapons that make one lag huh?

Deathcoud obviously
Healing spray
Algea nova
Regular nova

all with obscene RoF, mind you

big stacks of mines
also, people somtimes complain that my shadowbombs lag them

[PURPLE!]