For AstroFlux related discussion
#75320 by mufenz_ Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:09 pm
Nightsky wrote:What would I change on this weapon/buff?
The first change I would think about is giving this weapon a spread.

This was an interesting thought. Weather it would be good or bad change, I do not know.
As a result, I tried making a simulation for it. the sim is not exactly accurate so I can't tell how it will be for sure. Anyone can test it out at http://astroflux-test.000webhostapp.com

Note:
* it is likely that I will delete this website after several months, so don't bother if you can't access it.
* the red circle will simulate a player. press space to fire cluster missiles and press alt to change the spread
* I am not sure if this works on all browsers, It for sure works on chrome
* This simulation is not accurate
* depending on your screen dimensions, a few things might be off.
* you can edit the missile statistics where there is an Object list that it says "Missiles.push({..."
#75323 by Nightsky Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:06 pm
The spread type 2 is the one I had in mind, and looking at the simulation (Thank you very much for that by the way) it would work out very well. With a normal fire rate it would already be hard to dodge the missiles. And since the other missiles would also be there - circling you - there is an additional danger factor. So all I can say here is giving all the missiles a slight spread would most definitely help them to become more viable in the game. I thought about a similar spread like shown in the simulation. Of course it would need some more practical and accurate tests. But I'm pretty sure that giving those missiles a bit of spread would greatly help them.

Also, something that wasn't shown in the simulation is that it would need a change in the launch speed.

Again, thank you for this simulation, mufenz_

We have such a beautiful community.
#75403 by McPwny Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:38 pm
ive been doing some maffs on my shadowcraft since people now say its got too mutch firepower. tell me if this is wrong please.

226k shield is 625% hp converted to shield @ lvl 100 on shadowcraft
227k shield is 425% hp converted to shield @ lvl 100 on vindicraft

if this is right it means the shadow experiences such a loss of hp gain that by the time it gains a respectable amount of shield a vindi user can get equivelant shield and still have art strength to spare 100% damage putting it over the 150% inherent gain.

this being said
why does shadow have -20% Power regen
while vindicator has +30% Attack Speed

Add this: Increase speed from 6% to 20%
Add 15% shield regeneration
Remove this: -20% Power regen

EDIT:
Cloaking Device:
Increase base power use 30%
Increase attack speed tech from 25% to 35%

whatever this is, its going to have an impact on new shadows and assasins attempting to farm blobs. is there a way to increase the power use 30% only within pvp matches instead?

[PURPLE!]