For AstroFlux related discussion
#71746 by TheSorrow Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:13 pm
declan_winter wrote: 6: They can't be turned off.

False.

The devs actually have a hotkey to remove deathlines in a system :D

Shade
#71817 by Spy-1 Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:22 am
TheSorrow wrote:
declan_winter wrote: 6: They can't be turned off.

False.

The devs actually have a hotkey to remove deathlines in a system :D

Objection!
Devs are gods. Anything is possible with gods!
#71819 by TheScythe Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:43 am
Anyone remember the time TheSupplicant deleted the deathlines in Vorsran and a bunch of other systems for a day?

TheDepraved
#72339 by WishingStar Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:47 am
Actually, motherbrain is explicitly stated to be a failure of the Nezerians'. From The Infestation: Part 7:
Finally, we are close enough to read out the bio energy signature. Ono calls it the Motherbrain and it seem to be partially biological and part Nezerian technology. This might be one of their sick experiments and maybe the cause of the chaos in the sector.

(emphasis mine)
And from Part 8:
We successfully destroyed the Motherbrain but there is no indication of any change on infestation. It's apparent from the remnants that the Motherbrain indeed was created by the Nezerians, however it must have been a failure as it was completely out of control.

(again, emphasis mine)
#73331 by Syst185X Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:36 pm
The Renegades.

They're only really said to be AF pilots who went, well, Renegade. But if you look at their ships, you can tell about how long ago they were formed. The Medic was said to be used during a war, the Nezerian War, to be specific. Which could potentially be about 3-5 years before the story, due to Hyperion being gone for that time in the game. The Renegades are last seen as far as Vibrillian, in the form of the Rengade Inquisitor, and the Rengade Tank, which looks pretty old, or has atleast given that feel.

Mutated creatures also begin to appear here, and make a bigger appearance in Sarkinon. They're most likely the outcome of Nezerian experiments, which the Nezerians themselves make an appearance, starting in Sarkinon. I'm excluding Rotator and Dominator, as they're most likely left over from the war, and Advectorian has segments which bear great resemblance towards the two bosses, indicating that Rotator is most likely a failed piece of Advectorian, a prototype, or maybe even a broken off segment. The Advectorian could be recently constructed in the game's timeline, or has somehow reached Kapello and attacked, and then was somehow defeated and then it retreated, while a piece of it was left over, perhaps that was Advectorian in the past.

Back to the Renegades, they just stop showing up after Vibrillian, or more notably, Zergilin. It could be 1 of two things. 1-They didn't have the Tech to reach Fulzar or Sarkinon, and the Fanatic tank is the only thing left, and was likely used in the Nezarian wars but got stuck at Vibrillian, and is most likely a computer designed to attack any enemy, as it normally doesn't attack unless attacked, while all the Renegades would attack on sight, further supported the robot theory, designed to only attack offenders, so that it wouldn't attack their own units, which have human riders, as they attack on sight. They also copied AF ships, it could be that Fanatic Tank was an upgraded version of Tanker, or perhaps a ship once upon a time. The second reason is that they just can't, they're overpowered by their enemies and can't even reach Sarkinon without the failed, mutated experiments eating or melting their ships, and thus killing the pilot.

The Mother Brain was certainly designed to control the bugs and mutations in the Gellan system, as they are said to have modifications, or atleast the moth queens, with a chip. But the Mother Brain went crazy, or became self aware, and fled to the other Neo system, forgot the name, in a (successful) attempt to escape the Nezerians, which probably wanted it gone as to not lose control of the mutants. While there, it infected the Fanatic fighters who were there, and had them infected/brought to Sarkinon. Meanwhile, the Nezerians were bored and made the Cleaner, designed to take out the trash, but could've been made to take out the Mother Brain, it has piercing blades, corrosive lightning, a bug spawner with bugs under it's control, and plasma torpedoes, which are pretty much signature Nezerian weapons, and with the blades from what could've been Mandrom, or a past Mandrom battleship, and the Experimental Macrophages, designed to defend a research station, it was the ultimate weapon.

...Unfortunately, they most likely made a miscalculation and thought the Mother Brain was in Cynapsian, where they proceeded to lead the Cleaner over to Cynapsian, where they discovered no Mother Brain, and the Cleaner most likely ended up also going out to search, and was never recovered, due to the place being a vast maze, the Mother Brain outsmarted them. Meanwhile, the Nezerians gain the technology to go into Fulzar, where they discover a golden species known as the Aureus, or the "Golden Ones". They most likely knew of their existence, or were fighting them for a while, and feared them. They later found Xhargreg, or he found them, and they teamed up to fight the Aureus. Xhargreg then found a more reliable way to control the mutants, and a way to improve them-Bionic Technology. This made the mutants half mutated, have metallic, and they each had a chip which would allow control of them, a control center was likely in the planets or the spawners, the first being more likely, and used that method to control them, as to not let another Mother Brain occur. The Nezerian Regius Exterminatore was likely an outcome of adding some bionic tech, or some radiation, and made a Nezerian superweapon.

Later on, the AF came in and ended up messing up the both of them, due to players and such. This was not our fight though, we just barged in and fought them both. Neither side liked it, but they never came to a peace negotiation, otherwise we'd probably be decimated, or have a really, really hard time fighting them. We eventually ended up being able to subdue both sides, and discovered black holes on both sides of the enemy solar systems. They both also constantly made the Nether blobs, or the ???. The Renegade later discovered them and most likely knew of what damage interdimensional damage they could cause, the Fanatics also discovered this and tried to take advantage of this, and got Abraham to trick the player into destroying a restraining capsule to unleash the blobs. But in the end, Abraham died and the Renegades continued to send out restraining capsules, which players continue to destroy to this day, maybe one day just a load of blobs will come and destroy Durian, killing everything, leaving nothing, just like Mandrom and his star exploding thing, like, how did he even do that?!?

Later, a black hole was formed near the Antor Fedoration's little star system and the Nexar (which sounds an awful like Nether, in a way), came out, scouting. However, some people killed them, and they weren't happy about this, so in the end, they declared war on us, bringing in more units to kill us, so that we wouldn't be able to....interfere later, for whatever they had planned. It is possible they caused the other black holes in the game, as they all have planets near them, excluding the Durian one, which could be a real one. The black holes could be a high speed transporter which moves us so fast, that our ships get decimated by the sheer pressure, or to much speed. Either way, they could've been to Durian once before, maybe Kritillian, and most likely Fulzar, and came due to the new and sudden appearance of the AF, the other species, Aureus and Nezerians, also likely encountered them and befriended them, and they left peacefully, but us? We attack anything, so we killed a lot of them, and ended up causing a war. We later go on to take the attack to them, and we end up inflitrating their solar system fortress, made to be unpassable, but we used cloaking tech, which they couldn't detect, but had. They also had teleportation, which leads me to believe they're the most advanced species, having phase blades, shields, teleportation, the ability to go through black holes, making death lines, wave generators, invisibility, and probably intimidated the other opposition, that could be why they weren't attacked. But we stood a chance, and we didn't really relent. All that's left is the emperors at this point. And who could they be...?

Why, TheLegend27, Scrooge Mcduck, and Spongebob, obviously!

Rawr

AMAZING

The empire may have fell, but one day...it'll come back stronger then ever.

5/27/2017

Feel free to contact me via messages. I'm mostly inactive though, maybe I'll return one day.
#73761 by declan_winter Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:26 am
Syst185X wrote:The Renegades.
...Rotator is most likely a failed piece of Advectorian, a prototype, or maybe even a broken off segment. The Advectorian could be recently constructed in the game's timeline, or has somehow reached Kapello and attacked, and then was somehow defeated and then it retreated, while a piece of it was left over, perhaps that was Advectorian in the past.

Just a note, Rotator is stated to be a failed Advectorian prototype. Other than that, excellent multi-theory, loved the ending!

Show respect even to people who don't deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but a reflection of yours :)
#73765 by Syst185X Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:29 pm
Thanks! I just started typing...and...there was no stop...until there was a stop.

After re-reading it, I have a bit more stuff to offer.

The Nexar use tech that is seen in the Aureus, meaning that they may have teamed up and given them the knowledge needed to utilize teleporation.

The Fanatics (Not the Renegades) DID have the technology to access Sarkinon, but were most likely not strong enough and the pilot was taken over. A similar situation is seen in a certain Star Fox game. *cough* *cough*

And the reason the Mother Brain was able to trick the Nezarians is that it could've hacked into their location systems, as I'd bet they have a way to track it, and made it so that they'd think it's in Cynapsian and not Neo.

Rawr

AMAZING

5/27/2017

Feel free to contact me via messages. I'm mostly inactive though, maybe I'll return one day.
#73782 by declan_winter Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:12 am
Syst185X wrote:Thanks! I just started typing...and...there was no stop...until there was a stop.

The Nexar use tech that is seen in the Aureus, meaning that they may have teamed up and given them the knowledge needed to utilize teleporation.

The Fanatics (Not the Renegades) DID have the technology to access Sarkinon, but were most likely not strong enough and the pilot was taken over. A similar situation is seen in a certain Star Fox game. *cough* *cough*

And the reason the Mother Brain was able to trick the Nezarians is that it could've hacked into their location systems, as I'd bet they have a way to track it, and made it so that they'd think it's in Cynapsian and not Neo.

1: As mentioned in my ??? theory, Nexar and Aureus technology similarities are superficial.

2: Hmm... superb point.

3: As Wishingstar pointed out, the Mother Brain was in Cynapsian for a time.

Show respect even to people who don't deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but a reflection of yours :)
#73794 by Syst185X Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:34 pm
declan_winter wrote:
Syst185X wrote:Thanks! I just started typing...and...there was no stop...until there was a stop.

1: As mentioned in my ??? theory, Nexar and Aureus technology similarities are superficial.

2: Hmm... superb point.

3: As Wishingstar pointed out, the Mother Brain was in Cynapsian for a time.

Now that I think about it...how advanced are the Fanatics?

Rawr

AMAZING

5/27/2017

#74179 by declan_winter Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:00 am
Their best tech is the Fanatic Tank. They can use multiple weapons, routinely suicide themselves and get themselves infested (willingly?). The second best tech they have, the Fanatic Abraham, wasn't even theirs, they had to steal it from the AF. They seem... not particularly advanced.

#74783 by Nightsky Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:03 pm
Well, I feel like the old home system of the Aureus was Ulgor. Why? It is the closest to Fulzar. Vorsran is already the outpost/home sector of the Nexar. The Aureus are in a conflict with the Nezerians in Fulzar. Then there are Nether blobs. And then there is this interesting sprite on the sprite table which resembles a corrupted/infested planet of the Aureus. So it may be possible that Ulgor was taken over by the Nether faction.

Can I advertise my game in this forum? Others are allowed as well!