For AstroFlux related discussion
#71608 by declan_winter Tue May 30, 2017 4:20 am
Hello all, this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, and my recent theory about the ???'s and how they are connected with the Aureus made me want to start a thread, as I have a few more of these up my sleeve. To be clear, a theory can be:

1: The analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another

2: The general or abstract principles of a body of fact or science. A: an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances — often used in the phrase in theory.

3: A plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena.

4: a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation. A: a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject.

So, this thread is for all theories about Astroflux, or just hidden lore, secrets, implied existences, ect, and it's the job of those who post here to find them! Excessive correction and help with other people's theories is encouraged!

Now, of course to make a theory on something you must know what that something is. Here's a list of important unanswered questions in Astroflux:

How did the mechanical defenders of Antor Malfunction?

Why are the Nezerian's conquerors, why did they attack Azuron?

Why did the Aureus call the Antor Federation, and us, a statistical anomaly that needs correction?

Where do Hattur, Sax, and the Ant fit in? They aren't mentioned as pure mechanical defenders, unlike the rest of the Antor droids, but they're not confirmed to be with any other faction.

What are Death Lines?

What's the whole deal with the ???'s? (Answered by declan_winter!)

How does the Motherbrain affect all other purely biological life forms in Astroflux space?

How do the biological life forms fly in space? (Answered by PurpleVind, Titir, and declan_winter!)

Those are some of the big ones, although there's an immense collection of scientific explanations that could be made on why Astroflux physics is different, and how certain weapons function in space, or function at all, so theorize away!

Other mysteries solved:
What was the Cleaner created to deal with? (Answered by POTLKING, PurpleVind and WishingStar!)
Last edited by declan_winter on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
#71609 by declan_winter Tue May 30, 2017 4:21 am
Aureus and ??? Connections/Origins:

The Aureus seem to be from some form of a quantum dimension, and the ???'s are also from another dimension, through which black holes are the portal, it seems logical that not only are the ???'s from some form of quantum, or 4D dimension, but also that they are either like animals to, or enemies of the Aureus, depending on their intelligence.

The ??? only appear around the black holes in Durian and Fulzar. There are also black holes in in Krittilian and Vorsran, however no ???'s appear around them. The only reason the ???'s spawn in Durian, as stated in the mission chain Another Dimension, is that the Fanatics, and (unknowingly) the Antor Federation tampered with the black hole, causing a rift to appear which either summoned the ??? or drew them to defend it. Notice anything yet? The ONLY black holes that the ??? appear naturally in, are the twin Fulzar black holes. Yes, Fulzar, the only place that we've seen the Aureus so far. Coincidence? I. THINK. NOT.

Since the ???'s come out of black holes, they are rounded, because a perfectly spherical shape is the only way to logically resist infinite pressure; providing, of course, the pressure is even distributed all around the outside of the object. I suspect that if there is an ???/Aureus home world, the ???'s would be entropy based, the opposite of the Aureus, who take very geometric forms, E.G. the Aureus rectangle, circle, and triangle projections, which all have perfect bilateral (or in the case of the circle, quadrilateral) symmetry. In other words, before the ???'s cross systems through black holes, I suspect they are highly un-stable creatures, evidenced by both the facts that the Renegades, who try to contain the event horizon of the Durian black hole to to trying to stop the ???'s from entering, and to quote the Another Dimension mission chain "Cause chaos...", and the fact that theoretically the other side of a black hole is a white hole, (which is like a reverse entropy hole) and yet the ???'s come out of it in a de-entropied form, which should indicate that they go into it in an entropied form, kind of like how -2 x -1 = 2.

Also, is it any coincidence that the Aureus fleet as a whole is perfectly set up to take down ???'s? The Shadowflames and the Aureus Drone Controller, not to mention the Aureus Warriors all have leeching de-buffs, the Judicator and Energy Orbs have energy de-buff, and the Sidus, Sidus Shards, Judicator, and Executor all have armor de-buffs. Considering the Aureus utilize almost exclusively energy damage, look at it this way; they have armor de-buffs, leeching de-buffs, and energy resistance de-buffs. Exactly what you need to take down ???'s with an energy setup. No other faction in the game has all of these things combined. The Nezerians lack the resistance de-buffs, the Nexars and Renegades lack the leeching de-buffs. Other than that, no factions even come close.

Another interesting connection is the fact that the only enemies that can teleport in the game are the Aureus, the ???'s and the Nexars. The Nexars, as we have seen from the Vindicator Teleportation, seem to charge a small wormhole with energy, expanding it and traveling through it. Notice that none of the Nexars can teleport rapidly, however they can all teleport long distance. Take, on the other hand the ???'s and Aureus who teleport shorter distances, much more rapidly. Almost like they're just casually waltzing into their natural dimension, walking a few steps, and appearing back in ours to attack.

In other words, the Aureus, beings of symmetry and convservation of formed states of matter and energy are the enemies of the ???'s, creatures who's goal is to make the entire universe homogenous, which is why the attack you in the first place, as your ship is an outpost of form and rigidity in the vast evenness of SPAAACCCEEE!

Show respect even to people who don't deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but a reflection of yours :)
#71642 by PurpleVind Wed May 31, 2017 9:18 pm
How do creatures fly in space?

One must first remember that all creatures in Astroflux seem to attack ships and try to eat them. This may be due to these space creatures consuming plasma or energy to survive. Since we are moving plasma/energy things (shields to creatures probably seem like chocolate coating to a fat kid), the creatures eat us, and keep in their stomachs what they can't eat. Their waste is in the form of gases, which they control the release of to propel thems themselves. Gases forced on one direction provides thrust. This explains where the junk and arts come from when you kill one. Those are undigested ship parts.

Add-on to Aureus-???blob theory.
I suspect that the Nexar control the ??? Blobs as they both use black holes for spawners, both tend to use energy debuff weapons, and there are no blobs in vorsan. I believe the Nexar use the blobs to weaken the nezerians and aureus so stop them from going to vorsan. The Nexar made a black hole near the AF to attack us for advancing on them. Fulzar is the battleground which prevents the aureus and nezerians from going to vorsan.

The nezerians seem to be mad scientists, so conquering new species is part of that. That is why nezerian tech is present in Antor system, and their influence may be why the Antor mechanical defense got messed up. Motherbrain and cleaner are just nezerian experiments that they left in those systems.
#71643 by declan_winter Wed May 31, 2017 10:50 pm
Great bug theory, more waterproof than the one I was working on, for sure!

As to the Nexar controlling the ???'s, well, in the mission chain "Counter Attack", the Nexars use the black holes as a portal, however in "Another Dimension" it's stated that the black hole was creating a rift to another dimension entirely. If you add in the fact that there is a blank black hole in Kritillian, that brings it down to raw odds for that theory being correct. And, given the earlier statement about the ???'s in Durian being an accident, those odds are simply how many system's black holes contain ???'s divided by how many systems contain black holes OR: 25% chance.

Cleaner was stated to be made to clean up past accidents:
"...Have you heard of “The Cleaner”? The Nezerians created that bio-engineering marvel to deal with their previous failed experiment… which I totally did not have anything to do with at all… erhhm yes, anyway there is a secret Nezerian research facility at x: -318, y: 752 in Sarkinon, where they are experimenting on Macrophages similar to the ones attached to the Cleaner..." -The Ultimate Poison, part 13

Motherbrain has no known Nezerian connections. Proof, there?

On another note... In that mission text, I just noticed, it says they created the Cleaner to deal with a failed experiment. Any idea as to what that might be? Rotator? I mean, in the Weapons Cartel mission chain it says the Rotator was a Nezerian prototype for the Advectorian... still, that doesn't really mean it was a failure.
Last edited by declan_winter on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Show respect even to people who don't deserve it, not as a reflection of their character, but a reflection of yours :)
#71650 by PurpleVind Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:54 am
Death Lines = plasma fields

While I am on a roll, I think death lines represent energy waves or fields that can be made of plasma that most creatures are unaffected by, but ships have issues with due to our shields.
The Nexar get past it due to their control of black holes allowing them not only to pass through death line unaffected, but to form them into barriers like in vorsan.

This control of energy allows them the ability to make gates of death lines, as well as making dimension breaking black holes where they want.

Why can the Nexar possibly be controlling the ???, because then can manipulate energy to make black holes conveniently behind the enemies defenses and let loose creatures from another dimension. Notice that the black holes always spawning ??? Are on the weak (back) side of the aureus and nezerians. ??? Only spawn regularly from two black holes mysteriously behind the factions fighting each other. When the AF showed up, the Nexar made a black hole behind them to spawn from. A race with stealth bombers and tech who also shoot from far away have a attack from behind MO to them.

On another note, I think motherbrain is nezerian as the nezerian tend to mix biological with tech, and mother brain is razor spawned a with razors mixed with brain matter. Notice fanatics (flying nezerian fighters) and macrophages (creatures experimented on by nezerian) come out of the razor spawners. I suspect cleaner is in cyspain to clean the demons and moths that the nezerian experiment there.

I think the renegade messed up some of the AF tech, as the right side miltrion has the broken repair probes and renegade fighters. The renegade also seem to be trying to stop the black holes from opening to try to stop the Nexar advance as well as the ???, since they have an outpost at the krilltian black hole and a vessel at the durian black hole.

Note that out of 6 total black holes, two always have ??? spawniing, two always have nexar spawning, and of the remaining two, only one can spawn ??? By accident. So it seems fair to think 2/3 of the total number of black holes have spawning ablility, which is mostly near the Nexar home system. Coincidence, I think not!
#71651 by declan_winter Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:22 am
That death line theory doesn't hold up under scrutiny, sorry. They don't affect all sorts of ships, Nexar Ships, Antor Droids, whatever Sax is, Nezerian Fighters, etc. Also, you said the Nexar get through due to their control of black holes... what do black holes have to do with death lines? No sense, there.

Also, how long have you been playing? I presume, not for too long, no offense, it totally makes sense you wouldn't have known, but the Nexar black hole showed up way after the rest of Fulzar. They were added in a patch near Christmas a couple years ago. They were also stated to be scouts, so yeah...

Also, Fanatics aren't Nezerian Fighters... they're an entire faction unto themselves.

In the mission chain "Another Dimension" it's stated that we, under the Fanatic's influence, messed with their tech, not visa versa. The Broken Repair Probes are in Arrenius, and the Renegade Fighters are in Durian. The ones in Mitrillion are Elite Repair Probes and Elite Flamers. However, it IS a compelling theory that the reason they made an outpost at Mikus was actually to guard/research the black hole, kudos there!

Please note, I used systems with black holes in them for my calculations, not total black holes. Also, it would seem all the black holes HAVE a spawning ability, the Durian one didn't until it was tampered with though... maybe they just don't all have the spawning ability unlocked?

All in all, interesting theories, though.

On to some more theorizing about death lines myself, though:
They're technological, because in the Counter Attack mission it's stated that the Nexar built "a multi-layered fortress" in Vorsran.

It's not much of a stretch to assume that the Nezerians, possibly with Xhargreg's help (since he was a Nexar scientist before defecting to the Nezerians, then freelancing.) built the Death Lines in Cynapsian.

It's stated in the mission "A New Beginning" part 11 that the Antor Federation was only capable of creating functioning warp gates in their golden age, 500 years ago, so it's possible that they built the Death Lines in Venturi before the collapse and the drone defenses going rogue.

All this raises yet another query... what ARE Death Lines? What are they made of?!
Last edited by declan_winter on Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#71655 by POTLKING Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:39 am
declan_winter wrote:Great bug theory, more waterproof than the one I was working on, for sure!

As to the Nexar controlling the ???'s, well, in the mission chain "Counter Attack", the Nexars use the black holes as a portal, however in "Another Dimension" it's stated that the black hole was creating a rift to another dimension entirely. If you add in the fact that there is a blank black hole in Kritillian, that brings it down to raw odds for that theory being correct. And, given the earlier statement about the ???'s in Durian being an accident, those odds are simply how many system's black holes contain ???'s divided by how many systems contain black holes OR: 25% chance.

Cleaner was stated to be made to clean up past accidents:
"...Have you heard of “The Cleaner”? The Nezerians created that bio-engineering marvel to deal with their previous failed experiment… which I totally did not have anything to do with at all… erhhm yes, anyway there is a secret Nezerian research facility at x: -318, y: 752 in Sarkinon, where they are experimenting on Macrophages similar to the ones attached to the Cleaner..." -The Ultimate Poison, part 13

Motherbrain has no known Nezerian connections. Proof, there?

On another note... In that mission text, I just noticed, it says they created the Cleaner to deal with a failed experiment. Any idea as to what that might be? Rotator? I mean, in the Weapons Cartel mission chain it says the Rotator was a Nezerian prototype for the Advectorian... still, that doesn't really mean it was a failure.

declan winter in the mission "bug legs" xhargreg mentions a failure in neurona. the mission was to collect 8 brain tissues, so i believe mother brain is the failure of the nezerians
#71664 by WishingStar Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:21 pm
POTLKING wrote:declan winter in the mission "bug legs" xhargreg mentions a failure in neurona. the mission was to collect 8 brain tissues, so i believe mother brain is the failure of the nezerians

Actually, this does make sense, given that Mother Brain was in Cynapsian for a time.
#71665 by PurpleVind Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:05 pm
Actually, I have been playing for years and am "Joseph" in game. I was there when they added the black hole in fulzar below the warp gate. That was help because you would warp in, and get sucked into the black hole if you did not land or fly up to upgrade hanger.
My point was the Nexar ability to make a black hole show up behind us seems like maybe they did it before with the blobs and the factions in fulzar.

I think death line are a energy cloud or wave that damaged things not able to pass through. My thought on enemies passing through and not having shields was me trying to explain a game mechanic with theory.

I could not remember if the enemies on the right side miltrion were renegade or not. I know there are other renegade than just the ones in durian and krilltian. It seems the fanatic raiders have ships shaped like nezerian fighters, so it seemed like a connection. I do remember the fanatics tend to worship the creatures of astroflux, so they could be nezerians who left the nezerians like the big doctor left the Nexar (I am on my phone and can't remember how to spell his name).
#71666 by declan_winter Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:18 pm
Naw, in "An Unknown Threat" it's explained that the Fanatics are specifically worshiping the Aureus and, in "Another Dimension" the ???'s. The Nezerian's are just their enemies, plain and simple.

#71669 by bolbi Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:18 am
:shock: My head hurts now. I think you guys are reading to much into this. If the devs read this they'd probably be going, "did we actually put that unto the story?" :lol:

If it wasn't clear I'm kidding mainly I find it quite interesting to see all these story lines being linked together, also pretty sure I read somewhere that Motherbrain was in cynaspian mitrillion hozar sarkinon, vibrillion (?) before it got to neurona.

" 'Whatever you want people to do for you, do the same for them.'
(International Standard Version, Luke 6.31)"
#71670 by declan_winter Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:57 am
Motherbrain was in Mitrillion and Vibrillian? I never heard that... I can confirm it was in Hozar for a brief period though. Also, yeah, if tht devs read this they'd think we were insane. Someone make that happen, I love to be considered insane! :D

Back to death line theorizing... what really are they? None of the current theories fit what we know, speaking of what we know, however:

Hmm- perhaps if this is correct...

declan_winter wrote:...Well, they're technological, because in the Counter Attack mission it's stated that the Nexar built "a multi-layered fortress" in Vorsran.

It's not much of a stretch to assume that the Nezerians, possibly with Xhargreg's help (since he was a Nexar scientist before defecting to the Nezerians, then freelancing.) built the Death Lines in Cynapsian.

It's stated in the mission "A New Beginning" part 11 that the Antor Federation was only capable of creating functioning warp gates in their golden age, 500 years ago, so it's safe to say that they built the Death Lines in Venturi before the collapse and the drones all going rogue.

...Then it's safe to extrapolate it into saying that we used to have the technology to go through them like the enemies, but lost it?

As to figuring out what they are, I'll list what we know.

1: They don't affect biology.
2: They're constructed as a defense.
3: They're red.
4: They deal energy damage. (Definition of energy- power derived from the use of chemical and physical forces.)
5: They don't affect what makes them.
6: They can't be turned off.

So, to re-cap we're looking for something (possibly red or pink) that doesn't affect biotic entities, but harms mechanical ones with energy and is able to be avoided- although not turned off.

#71701 by declan_winter Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:53 pm
On another note, I want to add a new bug theory. One of the main puzzlers that PurpleVinds theory couldn't answer (no offense) is why do they have wings?! My clan mate Titir and I puzzled over this, and came up with a decent theory:

By Titir:

This may be the answer to how biological animals fly in space.

All the eggs are tightly incubated in a flower.

When the eggs hatch, larvae come out.

The community of animals feed it lots of food to make it grow into a nice, healthy, monstrosity.

While it eats, it stores the unused parts of food. They do not have waste release mechanisms then.

When it grows up, the highly compressed gas/waste is let out of the wings or whatever else it uses to fly around.

Remember space is not a perfect vacuum.

*They have a VERY strong body to not get crushed by the difference in pressure in and outside the body.

By declan_winter:
I rather enjoyed your theory, Titir, I also agree with it, and you gave me an idea to add to it!

Maybe the "wings" are not wings but rather solar panels. The reason they move is to compress and decompress gas, (Keep in mind, certain spider species already use hydralics exactly like this to move their legs, so just replace that with pneumatics and BOOM!) and the heat generated from collected solar energy heats the gas Titir mentioned, making it shoot out when the wings are forward, allowing the much more vigorous movement seen in the game. This also explains why the bugs are only ever found in sunny zones, being separated from all black holes by at the very least, an Elite Zone.

Now, this may seem far fetched, but solar powered animals, both invertebrates and vertebrates already exist! Take, for instance, the Spotted Salamander (Ambystoma maculatum) which, as a tiny embryo absorbs minuscule photosynthetic algae (Oophila amblystomatis) into it's body, the Algae actually become part of it, allowing it to fuel itself directly with photosynthesis, A.K.A. biological solar power!

But that's not all, solar powered animals aren't limited to the reptile family- another place they're found is with the mollusks, more specifically, the Eastern Emerald Elysia sea slug (Elysia chlorotica). It eats algae (Vaucheria litorea), but instead of digesting them normally like it's mother told it to, it played with it's food, or rather, hijacked the specific proteins of of the algae genes that photosynthesize, then passing that trait on to it's children, allowing them to live almost exclusively on solar energy.

Now, we've got mollusks and reptiles, but what about the real meat here, insects? Well, take the Pea Aphid (Acyrthosiphon pisum) as a proper example. It manufactures chloroplasts from what it eats, allowing it to absorb solar energy! Bazam, there we go, a solar-powered insect.

Oh, but it gets better; behold the Oriental Hornet- (Vespa orientalis). In contrast to the sea slug and spotted salamander, it conducts electricity through the cuticle of its exoskeleton, as well as through silk surrounding the hornet pupae and the colony’s comb walls. Instead of stealing chloroplasts, this insect’s yellow band contains xanthoperin, which actively absorbs light and converts it to electricity! Microscopic grooves in the hornet’s exoskeleton trap sunlight, and as the photons reach the yellow pigment, they build up voltage. Add in Titir's gas factor and we have Astromoths!

Now, with all this said, this only applies to the bugs WITH wings. Many of the Fluxian native fauna lacks those, and I suspect these ones (please notice, these, like the Dire Moths, tend to be almost all jaws and no wings, with little body) are the ones that PurpleVind's theory applies to! They're much more streamlined for gas propulsion, and instead of shooting projectiles like all winged moths they go omnomnomnnomnom!

P.S. in the Meta Section there is a thread where you can apply to have your forum name changed, Joseph. Might wanna consider throwing in another "I" at the end ;)

#71713 by PurpleVind Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:54 pm
Vind is the correct abbreviation for vindicator as Vind is the root meaning to find. I purposely named purplevind rather than purplevindi.
#71714 by DevNull Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:41 pm
Dabs=Great Imagination.

I dont have many friends, I just know alot of people