For AstroFlux related discussion
#71467 by Fluffy Bunny Mon May 15, 2017 11:56 pm
My name is Fluffy Bunny I have been playing the game over 2 years
I was there the day they put planet wars in....

I keep to myself most of the time and sometimes I joke about bakery and Cupcake jokes

but I see alot of Bullying going on in the game from Clans
I find it toally unfair that alot of this behavior is unchecked and not punished

such as a Certain player Demanding That I Change my Colour of my Ship and Quit my clan
or he will continue to KOS me
over something that he doesnt like my ship colour or like my clan

been going on for days upon days upon days and you might say oh just leave the system and I DO
I change systems he follows me I go into PVE systems he follows me

I try to Farm steel and he goes around killing all the Alage constantly killing spinners so I am unable to play
it has been going on like this for DAYS and DAYS and DAYS
no matter what System I go into he follows me in PVE system or PVP systems he just keeps following me
and I am told to either Quit the game or Change my ship colour and quit my Clan to make him stop

That IS BULLYING
I am not some 13 year old kid I am an 22 year old adult and I find this unacceptable behavior
I would voice my complaints to a mod but I am unable to chat due to
me being muted for by posting something innapropiate and muted for a week
Which I totally own that I made a mistake and will watch what I say in the future
[and NO what I said had nothing to do with the person who is camping me 24 /7 totally unrelated topic
and im not mad at the mod Traf for muting me as I own up to I posted something in local chat
But i do find it completely unfair I am unable to contact a mod to let them know about this sort of behavior
that is on going
#71469 by PurpleVind Tue May 16, 2017 1:42 am
Sadly killing the players ship in question has no real effect, and players attacking other players in PvP is part of the game. You should be able to contact a mod by forum or email to discuss the harassment aspect of this issue. Players being annoying is not against the rules, but posting the players chat demanding you change ship color or leave your clan on the forum could help get the word out. I would say you could ask your clan for help, but that may not do much. There is always clan instance, but losing out on loot and such is not fair either.

That is my advise to you on this issue.
#71470 by traf Tue May 16, 2017 3:48 am
Oddly enough, posting on the forum is a good way to get ahold of us. Better yet, private message the "global moderators" group.

I have an open door policy. Please feel free to private message me!

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#71482 by Chris22 Tue May 16, 2017 11:21 pm
Bellatrix wrote:Just ask someone in game for help next time, e.g. me I'm glad to kill someone who is bullying others :) Or die trying,

I'm bullying bella come and get me.
#71517 by drnspider Fri May 19, 2017 4:42 pm
Im sorry that this is happening to you, even when i think you might deserve it, i find your behavior in the game unacceptable, like the times you steal cargo or artifacts, or the times you fill neurona pvp path with mines, but well i guess you know what your doing and as long as its not bullying is ok that you do this unacceptable stuff.
Attachments
fluffet.png
fluffet.png (139.73 KiB) Viewed 157 times
#71518 by DevNull Fri May 19, 2017 5:49 pm
Oh Fluffy Bunny you are such a hypocrite when things dont go your way.

But its ok for you to spew "Oh Astrolance dump your load on me please, Oh come on I want your load on me".... over and over again wait a few minutes than state "I meant your cargo".

You are a class act I tell ya.

I dont have many friends, I just know alot of people
#71519 by TheSupreme Fri May 19, 2017 9:19 pm
Bullying cannot be prevented by going to a higher authority. it exists and will continue to exist. To prevent bullying, you simply stop being wimpy and learn how to fight for yourself. experience a few punches in the real world or a few extra respawn screens, it's not so bad, just makes you tougher and more tolerant.... to outlaw "bullying" just makes them hide it more. let them show how they really are in front of others rather than you just getting beat up in an ally way. That's dumb and pointless. it happens to everyone, you just need to be tough. most "bullies" can be taken down easily in both the real world and astroflux, being wimpy while assuming a higher authority as your own will just make them bully you more.

ImageImage

#71520 by Dmitry Fri May 19, 2017 11:42 pm
DevNull wrote:"Oh Astrolance dump your load on me please, Oh come on I want your load on me".... over and over again wait a few minutes than state "I meant your cargo".

I peed a little from reading this :lol:

But yea, bullies are like trolls, when they don't get the desired response they eventually go away. Posting on forums lets them know that what they are doing is having the desired effect.

Either avoid them, or get some friends to back you up. All other options are pointless and/or will make things worse
#71523 by Bianca Sat May 20, 2017 9:30 am
TheSupreme wrote:Bullying cannot be prevented by going to a higher authority. it exists and will continue to exist. To prevent bullying, you simply stop being wimpy and learn how to fight for yourself. experience a few punches in the real world or a few extra respawn screens, it's not so bad, just makes you tougher and more tolerant.... to outlaw "bullying" just makes them hide it more. let them show how they really are in front of others rather than you just getting beat up in an ally way. That's dumb and pointless. it happens to everyone, you just need to be tough. most "bullies" can be taken down easily in both the real world and astroflux, being wimpy while assuming a higher authority as your own will just make them bully you more.

I dont think that it is that easy.
Call someone wimpy when he is calling the help of authorities is sort of bullying too.
The advice "you just have to be tough" is too easily given. As long as you do not give "tools" too its just useless.

Time runs its own way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trhh6BJuBqI

With a wasp at your side you never fight alone