For AstroFlux related discussion
#67775 by Hugo Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:22 pm
AC-Archangel wrote:I see alot of people complaining about hellflames, how it's op and has insane dot. yada yada yada...

But consider this:

Skeletor lightning has 1.5 times(roughly) the range, much much much less power use, and can reach the same dot levels as hellflames while using FLAT arts.

Acid Spore does many times the direct damage and has a nasty dot to accompany it.

Kinetic phase blade....do i need to say it?

Plasma gun, depsite recent nerfs is still a pvp viable weapon that can match hellflames dot.

Hellflames has a very high power use, no autoaim, and a VERY poor range.

There isn't any comparation between cl + hellflames loool. Cl is much much stronger, you can't make a set with only Hf as damage weapon and with Cl you can and you still get more 4 weapon slots lool.
About plasma gun , plasma gun just sucks in pvp nowadays even if has good dot in stats it just sucks the pvp dynamic nowadays doesn't allow to use plasma gun in order to get it to " good weapon".
About phase is just ridiculous like beamer.
The only thing I would remove is the bonus when mixed with Hellfire or reduce 100% to 50% because that is what makes it strong

GO NINJAS
#67797 by boogerrito Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:39 am
You seem to think the direct damage does something, Nightsky. It only does against unskilled players who just sit there not Qing. It is certainly not above average DPS.

As for your explanation of the meta, yes, spot on. There are counters to strategies that revolve around hellflames, and people use them. There are also counters to those counters. It is not unanswerable, so it is not stifling to the metagame's development, and it is not OP.

Swole of Body
Swole of Spirit
Swole of Mind
How to PvP
#67831 by AnthonyC118 Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:08 pm
Hellflames is overpowered because of a bug that makes it ignore damage debuffs. This means that when corrosive lightning does 60% less damage from spheres, the flames still do full damage.
#68372 by TheShredder Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:50 am
Burn DoT cannot be debuffed by damage debuffs.
I agree Hell flames might have too much damage over time,tho it's pretty hard to use it against skilled people who know how to dodge some weapons...

TheSurgeon