Suggestions for features or improvements
#30479 by DaGGerz Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:13 pm
Attention pirate, you have a bounty placed upon your miserable head. Have fun dodging blasters!
Scum! You've only gone and got a bounty on your head! Good luuuucckkk....
Bounty is now active against your vessel.

A bounty system, for multiple fun reasons to be implemented into the game.

You have been killed by x player y times. You now are given the option to put a bounty on them that you cannot claim. This bounty route would waste none of your resources but would be a small 10k steel bounty that can only be claimed by a level 60 and above.

Or you can add bounties on players using your own resources.
Rules:

Can only be "claimed" by players +- 20 levels of the player you have placed on and you must have 750 PvP kills or be level 100+ to place or claim bounties.

Bounty is active for 4 hours outside a safe zone in a PvP system. If no one claims the bounty, you get half the resources back that you placed on them.

You cannot place a bounty on someone 30 levels lower than you. (So level 120's can place bounties on minimum level 91's.)

1 player cannot claim more than 3 bounties a month from the same player. (So Hugo cannot claim more than 3 bounties placed by DaGGerz).

You can place a max amount of 2 bounties at one time.

Players from same clan or friendslist cannot claim bounties from each other.

A bounty can be;
a max of 150k steel
a max of 40k any other resource
a max of 40 flux

A bounty is completed when 1 player kills the player with the bounty 10 times.

#30530 by AC-Archangel Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:38 pm
I've had ideas for doing a player sponsored event like this for a while before I left, I like a lot of what I read here, with the exception of requiring that you've killed the player you want to put a bounty on x number of times in addition to the requirement that you need to have x number of kills or be over level 100(these seem kinda steep to me). Lastly I dont' really like the time limit on the bounty, though i'm not sure I could think of what would be a better balance on time the bounty is active. I've mentioned this in another thread but I don't think allowing players to gain flux from this is the best idea, maybe a SMALL flux tax on the player posting the bounty.

When the game dies remember to say sorry you didnt listen to me magnus.

http://rainmercs.freeforums.org/index.php
#30550 by Hugo Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:56 pm
JUST TO BE ADD
1 -5 kills is meanless even to player that die as much the player that kills, 5 kills for 250k steel is op should be like 20 or something
to prevent excessive harasse we can put a day limit death lets say bounties is 20 -40 kills ,fix 5 -10 kills per day other wise will be a massacre lol

GO NINJAS
#30562 by Nomma Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:48 am
You have killed x player y times. You now are given the option to put a bounty on them that you cannot claim.

Just to clear this up... So by killing someone multiple times, you have the option of putting a bounty on them? So if I am being camped by a 120, and I'm only lvl 100, I can't do anything but then my camper can put a bounty on me, and now everyone else sees the bounty and wants to camp me too? Or did you mix this up, and players who are killed x times can place a bounty on their killer. Im a little confused on this part.

Anyways, this is an AWESOME idea. Maybe in the leaderboard, there is another tab for bounties, and you can look at all the active bounties. Or maybe in the missions menu, there is a bounties tab. That would be cool right? And you can set what your bounty says? And the people with the highest/most bounties are at the top of the lists.

Quick example I made:
Attachments
doneskis.png
doneskis.png (110.78 KiB) Viewed 2003 times

Check out my youtube channel! Many astroflux videos!

You may know me as Nomma, ShadowLegend, or Omega. They are all me.<>
#30565 by stevens Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:32 am
I like this idea...

Maybe a new space dock could be created, a rogue's guild or something or it could be an added feature to the cantina (i've thought a message board would be interesting in the cantina--anyone play the old bbs game trade wars?? Altho, it was filled w/ some very inappropriate stuff.. it was funny)...

Players show up and place bounties... or show up to collect bounties.

Maybe for certain players (Alternate comes to mind-- :D ), multiple players could place multiple bounties on one person, upping the pot..

Maybe one clan could place a bounty on another clan. Would Increase the hate and drama... would be very entertaining!!

Idk just throwing ideas out...
#30572 by TheScythe Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:14 pm
Yes, with tweaked rules I would be fully on the board.

TheDepraved
#30577 by DaGGerz Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:01 pm
Changed time outside of PvP safe zone to 4 hours from 1 hour
Added a way to add a bounty on a whim which would cost your resources
Added bounty complete criteria to 10 kills of Pirate
Added a system bounty which is placed when you die 5 times in a row by 1 player.

#30645 by Kumo Fri May 01, 2015 4:44 pm
I like this suggestion :D
So yes, something like this might be possible in the future...
#30650 by Nightsky Fri May 01, 2015 8:54 pm
OMG a dev actually replied to a suggest... oh, it was created by DaGGerz... nvm.

Good idea, i loved this feature in many games before. Except when people placed bounty on me, then i hated it :lol: hmm... i ask me, is steel necessary? Flux is more worth, and i think the most would fight for it. about steel... i think many people will ignore this then. Flux is good, i know who i will bounty then :P

Gr8 m8 i r8 8/8

#30651 by Will Fri May 01, 2015 9:06 pm
Maybe...

But if the bounty is limited by time, won't players with bounties on them just not play the game for that length of time, or just hide in PvE? Doesn't really change anything I guess, but still. And if you put up your own resources, and will lose at least half of that regardless, and then players simply hide, the bounty becomes a big loss. It would certainly discourage its use at that rate. But just a thought.

Perhaps a longer time might be better though, like days. That way we might could discourage crazy players from even staying with the game.

I am the monster that breathing men would kill...

BLUE HAWKS ELITE
#30653 by DaGGerz Fri May 01, 2015 9:12 pm
Will wrote:Maybe...

But if the bounty is limited by time, won't players with bounties on them just not play the game for that length of time, or just hide in PvE? Doesn't really change anything I guess, but still. And if you put up your own resources, and will lose at least half of that regardless, and then players simply hide, the bounty becomes a big loss. It would certainly discourage its use at that rate. But just a thought.

Perhaps a longer time might be better though, like days. That way we might could discourage crazy players from even staying with the game.

Yes but the bounty is only "Active" when they're in a pvp area. This means that if they're in PvE systems, Safe zones or PvP areans the bounty is "Inactive".

#30657 by zZoNe Fri May 01, 2015 10:09 pm
Nice idea daggerz. I just want to point out that this system can be used to transfer materials and flux quickly with no risk involved. So to add onto your suggestion, maybe the bounty system might deduction 10-20% of the bounty so people might not give others materials without losing some in the process.