Suggestions for features or improvements
#13928 by Nightsky Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:51 pm
Hello everybody,

This is a collection thread for all weapon ideas floating in your mind. Primarily this thread prevents the regular suggestion being spammed by tons of weapon Ideas, but it also keeps the weapon ideas on the top and will never stay behind. Please note this thread isnt there for overpowered/impossible weapons. Every weapon is possible, but requires more and more coding.
you can follow this standard form if you dont know how to present your weapon

Weapon Name
Description (optional)
Graphics (optional)
stats (damage, fire rate, damage type etc.)
upgrades (if you want, but would be better)
how to acquire (optional)

"rules"
If you post a weapon idea inspired/copied from another game, please notice this game.
overpowered/gamebreaking weapons are not needed... so no need to make obvious OP weapons.
Dont take graphics from other games due to copyright etc (are weapons copyrighted? i dunno)
Last edited by Nightsky on Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can I advertise my game in this forum? Others are allowed as well!
#14031 by hexasaurus Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:41 pm
I have an idea called universal blast. its like a major nuke. does high energy damage but takes a lot of power. does take the max amount of power to use. ;) but you get it by killing fanatic tank. and is a 25% drop. thus making it endgame. but it takes 7 seconds to fire, making it good on slower enemies like dreadnought

Edit: drop rate is 0.0001
Last edited by hexasaurus on Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Take care! DIE DIE DIE! This is the cleaner
#14034 by 1geo1 Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:02 pm
Increase Heavy Cannon range so it can compete with chrono beam ( as cannon uses even more power)
Give blaster and lightning 10% more power for the noobs ( especially with the enemies being made stronger)

Add seperate tab just for heal weapons

New weapon-PVP Tractor Beam- the catch ? Does no damage while being used and other weapons can not be fired untill disengaged- 2 sec delay befor firing another weapon also

New weapon- Engine impairer- slows enemy ships engines, the catch, no damage to health/shield OR trail weapons :twisted:
#14040 by AnthonyC118 Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:51 pm
Withdrawal lightning. does low initial damage, but as soon as it stops hitting, very high damage based on how long weapon was locked on.
#14292 by Paul2 Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:33 pm
How about allow the weapons to be upgraded, other than just by arts. As in, make the extra weapon drops worth something. What i mean is i know, and i am sure i am not alone , I have seen my share of plasma torpedos (for example) left floating in space.

What i suggest is that after you get your weapon continue to collect them and lvl up (serpperate from current upgrading) a small amount after a set number.

Also, expand the weapon lvls to 10. Allowing the collecting of weapon drops will increase competitive game play, and i am sure will make the pvp players happy.

You Can Do It If You Try.
#14376 by Nightsky Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:47 pm
Removed cuz tree
Last edited by Nightsky on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

#14381 by DaGGerz Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:06 pm
Nightsky wrote:#New Weapon#

Plasma Relays

Description:

Plasma Relays are Bundled plasma particles, which get Released in one Direction when shooted... The cooling down is therefore so long. As Expected, the Power Usage of this weapon is Really high. But this weapon has a Long range and a AoE, which make this weapon to a Deadly Power of Universe!

States:

8 Points in Damage (Energy)
10 Points in Rang
1 Point in Refire rate (0.33)
10 Points in Power usage
4 Points in Difficulity

- AoE
- Long Rang
- Pericing shoot

You can find this weapon from the Elite flamer in Mitrillion (0.5%), but you can also buy it on the Vibrillian Weapon factory for 30.000 Steel, 15.000 Hydro crystals and 5000 Irridium.

Picture how it can look:

Image (Exable, and the range longer)

Upgrades needs just DMG, Rang and the Blast Radius...

thats all...

You should have atleast quoted where you got that 'idea' from.

http://jestertrek.com/starfighter/large ... html#relay

#14385 by 1geo1 Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:47 pm
I still think "lag blaster" would be interesting.
Targets engines only and slows them, would be good when players start equipping explorers with other weapons ;)
#14393 by Nightsky Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:47 pm
The idea comes (more or less) from Star Fighter, a very Old and Forgoten game... Would be not bad to Inplent the weapon here ;)

#14397 by Nightsky Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:08 pm
You are right with that, but didnt you think, that the most weapon Ideas on this forum are out of another game? :p

Its not Directly Copying, its just, everyone has his suggestions from Somewhere, maybe he Use the Graphics too... i dont know... To make my own graphics is not that Difficult, but when i make my Own graphics, the game will lagg (lol)

The problem is, we have much weapons (we know), but we dont have all weapon types.. a beam with AoE, a Big projectile which Damage all enemys which are in its near etc... From somewhere they everytime :p

#14399 by DaGGerz Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:16 pm
Nightsky wrote:You are right with that, but didnt you think, that the most weapon Ideas on this forum are out of another game? :p

Its not Directly Copying, its just, everyone has his suggestions from Somewhere, maybe he Use the Graphics too... i dont know... To make my own graphics is not that Difficult, but when i make my Own graphics, the game will lagg (lol)

The problem is, we have much weapons (we know), but we dont have all weapon types.. a beam with AoE, a Big projectile which Damage all enemys which are in its near etc... From somewhere they everytime :p

For the last one, doesn't a nuke do that? :P

#14400 by Vengar Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:19 pm
DaGGerz wrote:Not that old or forgotten, I used to play it. Copying stuff from other games - especially weapons or the sort - is not something that should be done. Especially if it has the same name and graphic ;P

Just as DaGGerz said. You can't copy stuff straight from existing games. You can, however, make something similar (but not outright being or otherwise infringing upon the intellectual property) which references it. Still, it's very unlikely the Devs would consider it.

While you still have StarFighter: Disputed Galaxy fresh on the brain, I played a little bit of it a few times as a guest. Was fun for a while, but since the multiplayer was already dead, I got bored rather quickly. Then I discovered Astroflux, and the rest is history. :D

But let me be the first to say that, especially with the recent addition of friendly AI ships, I believe Astroflux to be a Spiritual Successor to StarFighter: Disputed Galaxy. You gotta admit, they have quite a handful of similarities. And increasingly so, as AF continues to grow. :ugeek:

Image Image
GIF courtesy of Will_Smith