Suggestions for features or improvements
#76661 by NinjaKaleSplat Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:12 am
As we all know, there have been issues with several players with names that are clearly inappropriate or exploiting the game. There are also people who have names which make it very difficult if not impossible to have a private message to (Such as having a space in a name). As such, I think there needs to be a new rule and punishments for names that are either exploitable, inappropriate, or impossible to message. There would be a ban on most symbols, except for underscores and minus signs.

A possible solution for new users that are from Steam that could not avoid breaking this rule, they should be given an alert and after that must try to change their name or receive a permanent mute after possibly a week, or more.

I personally think if the name is deemed "Exploitable" (Such as html code), the player should be immediately banned on their main account as well as the alternate.

Just my thoughts on these issues. Feel free to add on and stuff.
#76662 by Malfunction Junction Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:54 am
Is this pointed towards my name? You rarely see anything like this, and the only other player as someone mentioned before was a guy who had Chinese character symbols and apparently "they said it was for pvp purposes", though i'm sure there were a couple more players along that line.

I already got banned once and got it revoked because someone thought I was either Prickles or just exploited. Maybe the devs could patch The astroflux.net domain to prevent characters like mine from actually being pasted. However it's unlikely they will anytime soon.

Another thing, what's the point behind IP banning someone just for this? It's a very harsh punishment, it can be abused, and it'll always be dodged because of Dynamic IPs and VPNs. Remember that one Seabass spam that came up everyday on global?

I think that's all I have to say for now.

My account name is God, contact me via the game if you need to for some reason.
#76666 by NinjaKaleSplat Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:08 pm
I am not saying to ban one's IP because of a name, I merely am saying to ban the main account of a name clearly deemed to exploit the chat system. If they create another account with symbols but is NOT exploiting the chat system, only the alt should be muted until the name is changed.

Chinese symbols should only be used in chat if they are talking in Chinese with other people that clearly have a far superior understanding of Chinese. If it's a name, I still think it should be changed. This also goes with people with letters with symbols, such as the é or è.

It doesn't seem that the developers will do anything about patching things, by the by.
#76680 by Xticks Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pm
Punishments are boring. IF it's really a problem, just make a rule that offensive names can be renamed by the mods to a random set of letters. The punishment would be 100 flux to get the name right again.

What you don't do can be a destructive force. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Failure: a few errors in judgement, repeated every day.
#76683 by NinjaKaleSplat Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:22 pm
Xticks wrote:Punishments are boring. IF it's really a problem, just make a rule that offensive names can be renamed by the mods to a random set of letters. The punishment would be 100 flux to get the name right again.

This idea gave me a chuckle. It could very well work with some of those people with... interesting names.
#76701 by Xticks Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:37 pm
Or: instead of random letters, how about "NotThatNameAgain-" with an everincreasing number?

What you don't do can be a destructive force. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Failure: a few errors in judgement, repeated every day.