Suggestions for features or improvements
#75618 by Flandre Scarlet Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:10 pm
BECAUSE good people are starting to leave, because of how toxic the general community we have is (just go to fulzar pvp for an hour when more than 6 people are connected and you'll see my point)
drama and toxicity in general are making good people leave, putting others in problems, making the game look worse than it is.

my suggestion: punishment for general toxicity. even just a few minutes of chatban so we don't have more problems.
currently all mods do is wait for the victim to get triggered and they say nothing to the bully or toxic person. at least on what i've seen that's how they deal with this.
i propose chat bans for toxic people. that's all this is about. increasing chat ban time for each time they've been annoying people for the sole purpose of entertaining themselves.
#75634 by Smeagol Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:14 am
Unless you take the hard line on players gaming behaviour and use the 'ruining the gaming experience of other players', then thats how the cookie crumbles.
I do agree with you with your comment but as you are well aware( the bully gets the tick of approval and victim Victimised!)
You have to ask the question where this behaviour is coming from
the answer goes back to when derps players were made mods, the wrong people got in the position, bar 2(porridge and srauls them i will vouch for) and now they run the game, they also abuse rules whenever they see fit.
So where are you looking at now for the problems
and yea traf also puts crap after any post i do regardless the content, this time it would be fair, others just shows the real traf, join the derps traf you seem their best buddies, even have the biggest hacker of this game as your mentor allegedly, and you still say its unhackable YET your mentor hacked the crap out of it!
Smeagol..
#75651 by BrianN Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:27 pm
Im looking for 3rd party opinions here...no one on either side of the Nemesis v Depraved conflict...only established players...are things more toxic or less toxic than before? Being that the balance of power has shifted, I see a whole lot less toxcicity, but that's to be expected. Im hoping its less for everyone but the griefers...

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#75653 by GuestNINJAS Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:12 am
From what I remember, you can be KOS'd by only saying a few things. and those things aren't necessarily offensive.

Why bother reading my signature... I left the community in mid-february 2018.

Anyway it doesn't matter... does it?
#75655 by traf Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:08 am
Smeagol wrote:You have to ask the question where this behaviour is coming from
the answer goes back to when derps players were made mods, the wrong people got in the position, bar 2(porridge and srauls them i will vouch for) and now they run the game, they also abuse rules whenever they see fit.
So where are you looking at now for the problems
and yea traf also puts crap after any post i do regardless the content, this time it would be fair, others just shows the real traf, join the derps traf you seem their best buddies, even have the biggest hacker of this game as your mentor allegedly, and you still say its unhackable YET your mentor hacked the crap out of it!
Smeagol..

Well, you got me curious. I'll do an audit of all my posts here on the forums, I'm sure it'll be interesting. However, I doubt i put "crap after any post i do regardless the content". I can remember a few times where i was certainly less than polite though. You've got 83 posts, so it shouldn't be too hard to read through all the places where you're written and see if i have indeed been so prolific in spewing "crap" as you call it.

I too am curious what "the real traf" is, hence the audit I plan on doing. You're welcome to search through my posts too if you like. I have quite a project ahead of me . . . 1952 posts to look through. yay . . .

Not sure how i'm "best buddies" with the depraved clan to be honest. Supreme isn't my mentor, he's just the person who got me interested in coding and taught me how to get started.

I didn't say the whole game was unhackable . . . but i do remember saying that the supposed "artifact copying" thing didn't exist. Which it doesn't, according to the developers and my own investigation. As to the rest of the game, i make no claims on hackablility or lack thereof. If i *have* made such broad sweeping claims, I apologize.

edit:
hey, you used to sign your messages as ben! that's cool, never knew that :D

Final edit, audit completed:
I’ll make a post in offtopic when I get all the screenshots processed and links produced. I’m sure you guys will be thrilled :)

Please feel free to private message me!

"Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you."

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#75889 by NinjaKaleSplat Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:25 pm
BrianN wrote:Im looking for 3rd party opinions here...no one on either side of the Nemesis v Depraved conflict...only established players...are things more toxic or less toxic than before? Being that the balance of power has shifted, I see a whole lot less toxcicity, but that's to be expected. Im hoping its less for everyone but the griefers...

There's a fair amount of people on both sides that are still toxic, actually. Hell, I'd consider myself one of those. Also, it seems a lot of lower levels are also toxic, namely the guy who kept exploiting the 50-99 bracket and spammed the forum for apologies.

Flandre Scarlet wrote:drama and toxicity in general are making good people leave, putting others in problems, making the game look worse than it is.

Actually, the drama and toxicity have very little to do with making people leave. People are becoming uninterested in the game and just starting drama in the forums, which has nothing to do with the game.

Hence why my god complex in game.

Do not make yourself the protagonist, or it will seem everyone else is the antagonist. I learned that the hard way.
#75905 by Smeagol Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:56 pm
Theres less toxicity but not from people trying to get along, just by the fact players keep leaving.
Look at clans now most have 10 or less players playing regardless of clan numbers bar the few clans left that consolidated.
player retention is at its lowest its ever been in AF, and numbers will continue to dwindle until heat death in 2020.

Smeagol