Suggestions for features or improvements
#72973 by ladelag Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:33 am
Well, i hope most of you and the mods are aware of this problem. Trolls creating a fake account with the name of an existing player or also the troll changing his name for one already existing with the purpose of impersonate the original player and get him into troubles.

I think is an important problem because many of the times this happens, the original player is not even online to stand up for himself. And it doesn't even matter if the original player is online because in the end, the troll just keep going on global swearing and saying nasty raged things and vulgarities. Most of the times this has happened were when mods are not online to help with the problem, so the troll just keep going and going.

This problem has been scaled and got worst this week. I've seen troll(s) impersonating BPete, Martin (he already posted a picture of this) and today was Comet, drnspdr and even me.

I think that when devs gave players the ability of changing their names was a good thing to do, but the error was to also give the ability to more than one player of having the same name. This is making the game a terrible place to be and by muting global chat doesn't resolve the problem because the troll still can get you into troubles and dirt your name. And is just useless to ban those accounts because the troll can create new ones to continuing with his low wishes to annoying other players.

Is a good thing you can change your name but it shouldn't exist the ability of more than one player having the same name, is a terrible idea and that's already just got proved mostly this week. It's problematic and annoying to all the other players.

Please fix it by forbidding more than one unique name. If you can't fix it, then i prefer returning to the era when changing your name doesn't existed.

If you want screenshots of today with comet, drn and me, please just say it and i'll send it to where you tell me.

Whatever you do, don't fly into the sun.
#72977 by Jpsi Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:59 am
Allowing multiple players with same name seems a bit lazy programming. I think this was, at the beginning, because several players could have the same name on different platforms (kong, ...), and those names are used by default so it was easier to allow it.

But yes, it doesn't make sense to allow this.

#73005 by BrianN Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:52 pm
Make changing names cost 1000 flux

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#73027 by Bellatrix Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:31 am
To give some insigth, it is against the ToS to impersonate someone else:

http://www.astroflux.net/termsofuse.html

So every time we get a report or see someone doing just that we ban that account (not silent).

So if you have encounters with what you belive is fake accounts please tell us.

Most issues that they cause is creating fake "evidence" but that is being handled in a different way.

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux
#73247 by Doe John Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:51 pm
I can't agree ENOUGH with this. My IGN is iRazrr and somebody's been impersonating me for the past WEEK.

If you know me, I am fairly helpful (like giving somebody 100 bug legs and helping some guy survive in Mit.)
Its actually kind of obvious that that fake me is fake, but it gets real annoying. And those guys who don't know me will assume its actually me... screw it.

Also, i've seen somebody impersonate Jeremiah.

I know he is a good player and stuff so ppl listen to him a lot, so it was especially painful when the fake Jeremiah kept saying that I stole arts and loot when I don't.
#73306 by Shieldity Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:50 pm
This is an un-deniable idea

I've been impersonated while I was online farming blobs peacefully, then I got banned from chat 9999 hours without knowing why, I later knew why.

A troll impersonated me and said things like... well insults towards moderator and such. I Pmed scythe and everything was back to normal, by the way if you could IP ban the trolls that'd be an excellent idea.

The player above this signature first played in september 2014 and joined the following clans : NINJAS, United Nations, NINJAS III, NINJAS, Defiance (Kicked unfairly), and is now in Blue Hawks Elite!

Ask for help in game if you need !
#73310 by BrianN Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:48 am
GuestNINJAS wrote:This is an un-deniable idea

I've been impersonated while I was online farming blobs peacefully, then I got banned from chat 9999 hours without knowing why, I later knew why.

A troll impersonated me and said things like... well insults towards moderator and such. I Pmed scythe and everything was back to normal, by the way if you could IP ban the trolls that'd be an excellent idea.

So, what does someone who doesnt have an account on here do if they get banned because they were being impersonated?

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke
#73318 by TheSpirit Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:14 pm
BrianN wrote:Make changing names cost 1000 flux

Hey those who wants to troll in game would pay 1000 flux for name..but 100 flux seems a lot for me
#73328 by Shieldity Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:28 pm
BrianN wrote:
GuestNINJAS wrote:This is an un-deniable idea

So, what does someone who doesnt have an account on here do if they get banned because they were being impersonated?

I'll allow it, but he was CLEARLY trolling, basically having the same name by accident is maybe an accident, but some people do it on purpose to impersonate someone and just insult everyone.

The player above this signature first played in september 2014 and joined the following clans : NINJAS, United Nations, NINJAS III, NINJAS, Defiance (Kicked unfairly), and is now in Blue Hawks Elite!

#73795 by TacticalFedorine Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:10 pm
I have been impersonated once.....It wasn't pretty.

One way of stopping this is by banning the troll INSTANTLY after they insult a mod/ swear of something like that.

If the problem is that there is a chance that mods are not online...
the solution is simple:
We need more mods
#73796 by Shieldity Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:15 pm
TacticalFedorine wrote:If the problem is that there is a chance that mods are not online...
the solution is simple:
We need more mods

I'm "active" in the game but no, i'm too rude to be moderator and if we ask me i'll straight up say no if I don't feel like it, better people than me deserves it more than me. (Luibis, chris and such for example)

#73813 by The_Grudge Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:54 pm
I've not been yet impersonated and who's the impersonator seabass or is there a new one oh well maybe just a tip don't feed the trolls they might leave you be.

And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view.

Ships for you under general discussion will be added daily ;)!!!!