Suggestions for features or improvements
#68041 by TheSupreme Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:30 am
Co-op is boring and always has been. It's just a matter of doing the same challenges over and over again until you die. The reward is no longer something to desire and the Exp is nothing to look at. That said, here is my suggestion.

Before I get into details of how this will work, here is some data so that you will understand what I'm saying as I explain this system.
System Level
Hyperion: Level 1, Time Limit: 3 minutes
Kapello: Level 2, Time Limit: 4 minutes
Durian: Level 3, Time Limit: 7 minutes
Arrenius: Level 4 ,Time Limit: 8 minutes
Kritillian: Level 5 ,Time Limit: 8 minutes
Hozar/Zergillian: Level 6 ,Time Limit: 10 minutes(3 for hozar)
Millitron: Level 7, Time Limit: 4 minutes
Vibrillian: Level 8, Time Limit: 7 minutes
Fulzar: Level 9, Time Limit: 10 minutes
Vorsran: Level 10, Time Limit: 30 minutes

Artifact Level
(PlayerLevel/8) * SystemLevel = Profit
Exp
(PlayerLevel*1000) * SystemLevel = Profit
Artifact Amount
(PlayerLevel/3*) + SystemLevel = Profit
Steel Amount
(PlayerLevel*15,963)/5*SystemLevel = Profit
Hydrogen Crystals
(PlayerLevel*624)/5*SystemLevel = Profit
Plasma Fluids
(PlayerLevel*883)/5*SystemLevel = Profit
Iridium
(PlayerLevel*1,185)/5*SystemLevel = Profit
An example of this:
You're level 130. You just cleared Fulzar, your rewards would be as shown here:
Level 146 Artifact *52
1,170,000 EXP
3,735,342 Steel
178,646 Hydrogen Crystals
206,622 Plasma Fluids
277,290 Iridium.

When you enter Co-op instead of an arena you would start at Hyperion. The objective would be to completely clear Hyperion of all spawners and it's boss. Enemies would not give anything for a kill with the exception of normal cargo drops.

When every spawner and the system boss(if any) is dead, a reward screen will appear for 30 seconds and show the rewards you have earned. Beside your artifacts there will be a button that says "claim". If you do not claim the artifact reward, they will not be added to your artifacts. This would be so that high level players aren't flooded with useless artifacts.

When the 30 seconds is up, you warp to a new system and the process continues. Once you finish Kritillian, you will be warped into either Hozar or Zergillian and the path continues from there.

For every death you lose 5 levels on your artifact reward and -5% exp. This resets when the system is cleared and you enter a new one.

If a system is not cleared within the time limit, it's considered a loss and everyone is forced to warp out.

When the final system is complete, you have cleared the game and it ends.
For clearing the game, one will earn:
5 pods.
75 Flux.
(PlayerLevel*1000) * AllSystemLevels = Exp (If you're level 130, you would get roughly 7 million EXP)

ImageImage

#68060 by traf Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:39 am
Well that would certainly be interesting, way better than what we got now! How does the cooperation of multiple people split the rewards? Or are the rewards split at all?

I have an open door policy. Please feel free to private message me!

“Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.”
― William Howard Taft
#68064 by TheSupreme Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:37 pm
Rewards are not split. Every player will receive their own rewards. The more players, the easier it is to clear and survive. :)

ImageImage

#68075 by bolbi Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:15 pm
Thirty minutes just for Vorsan? I'm not to familiar with the system but how long does it take to even reach the center, let alone clear it? And all those spawners I don't think 20 people would even be able to accomplish that kind of feat. 20 people cause of system limitation that is.

Otherwise it seems pretty interesting to say the least. Maybe make the first two levels just a little easier just to allow solo completion of those dor daily mission. Not all of us have very active clans remember, though making the other levels hard enough to basically require extra players I think would be a good idea, brings teamwork back into co-op.
#68076 by TheSupreme Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:25 pm
Vorsran would certainly be very tough to tackle, but I also think there should be 10+ clan members playing in co-op at once. :)

ImageImage

#68078 by Magic Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:26 pm
:o

+1,000,000,000

Our determination is based on our will to survive.

Never.
Give.
Up.
#68085 by bolbi Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:06 pm
Well in hindsight I guess if you have 1-3 people starting off by just going around the rings so people can teleport to them you could get spread out enough to do this, you'd still need about 15 Vindi's with a strong CL and a ton of durability. I guess yeah 30 minutes is "possible" though I'm not sure there are any clans with enough manpower to do that at the moment. Maybe give a non-clan version where you can join on friends that way you could still get benefits and clan mode could mainly be for leaderboards.
#68086 by kon432 Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:29 pm
For every death you lose 5 levels on your artifact reward and -5% exp. This resets when the system is cleared and you enter a new one.

Is there a death cap where the art levels and exp don't reduce anymore? You die, say, 10 times in Vorsan. That gives you an art cap of level 100. And if you die more, would you go to an art cap of level one?

Also, what about the other systems not mentioned? Can that be an option for players that don't want to go to Fulzar? Like a separate branch of systems?
#68087 by Jesright73 Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:19 am
i'd leave the lives system that co-op already has and not implement that art level penalty per death.

Instead of cleaning out each system, have objectives that change with each play-through.

Each time the clan completes the an objective, the warp gate to the next system is opened. The clan can choose to move to next area, or stay and face the same system at a higher level. The decision to warp forward or stay would be done by a vote. in case of a tie, the player with the highest contribution to the objective would have the say.
#68265 by Bellatrix Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:15 pm
Sounds great, I think the rewards and penalties might need some work and testing before I can say that this is the best, but overall it sounds like a fun idea and an improvement to our current way of playing and to pve.

It could also work in a way that you can select what type of reward you want, exp, minerals, flux or pods. That way someone lvl 150 wont need to get exp but can choose minerals, pods or flux instead.

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux
#68269 by Chris22 Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:01 pm
TheSupreme wrote:Vorsran would certainly be very tough to tackle, but I also think there should be 10+ clan members playing in co-op at once. :)

Let me know when you get 10+ clan members all on at the same time.
#68270 by Chris22 Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:03 pm
Bellatrix wrote:Sounds great, I think the rewards and penalties might need some work and testing before I can say that this is the best, but overall it sounds like a fun idea and an improvement to our current way of playing and to pve.

It could also work in a way that you can select what type of reward you want, exp, minerals, flux or pods. That way someone lvl 150 wont need to get exp but can choose minerals, pods or flux instead.

I don't want any of those. I just want a chance to get higher level arts which used to be the main point of coop. Being 150 now makes doing coop pointless for me and many others as they level up.
#68359 by Bellatrix Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:19 pm
Chris22 wrote:
Bellatrix wrote:Sounds great, I think the rewards and penalties might need some work and testing before I can say that this is the best, but overall it sounds like a fun idea and an improvement to our current way of playing and to pve.

I don't want any of those. I just want a chance to get higher level arts which used to be the main point of coop. Being 150 now makes doing coop pointless for me and many others as they level up.

Ok, so let some of the rewards be lvl 160 arts, depending on how many times you died during this whole thing you get a certain ammount of arts, lets say it starts with 50 lvl 160 arts, and you lose 1 art for each death, untill a minimum of 10 arts. Just as an example. 50 of the best arts for something like 2-3 hours of game time is quite a good reward.

Bellatrix, the shinning star of Astroflux